American Idol 6 - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2007, 05:15 PM   #286
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by drdre12
. . . and I was developing hatred for the Amanda BFF girl. When she said something like, "God only helps/likes the good people" I was like, what? Sad that behavior is all to common amoung young girls.
I wanted to slap that little bitch when she said that! Good to know that she's an authority on "good people." I have to admit I was happy she was cut.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:27 PM   #287
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:03 PM
^me too. I wanted to slap her as well. I thought her comments cemented her fate (not by the judges, just by me).

And yeah, I wish the Hollywood rounds were longer or just aired in a more cohesive fashion. A lot of the good people weren't even shown, or just briefly. Perhaps they know these people were getting more airtime tonight, so it was edited accordingly.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #288
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:03 PM
I think that's a pretty decent top 24.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:27 AM   #289
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:03 PM
Okay, never mind about all the rumors about a "plant". That Thomas Lowe guy didn't make it.

We'd never have heard of him if that rumor hadn't gotten out! He was one of the "How Deep Is Your Love" group from Tuesday night - I swear that's the only air time he's gotten.

Controversy averted.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:39 AM   #290
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Ok you guys have to watch this Mad TV skit of American Idol Paula is PERFECT.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:43 AM   #291
Blue Crack Distributor

So we're down to 24. I felt bad for for the final four and how it was done, but they always do the elimination that way. I think this year the men seem to be more memorable, and the 2 women I remember off the top of my head were Lakisha and Melanie. Actually, no one really stands out. I'll have to wait til next week for that.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:11 AM   #292
War Child

Local Time: 07:03 PM
So far I think this season is just okay No one is really standing out and I am finding myself reading a magazine vs. paying attention!! I just hope it gets better as it goes along. The one thing I noticed-how short are all the men?! They were all the same size as Ryan!!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:01 AM   #293
Refugee

Local Time: 11:03 PM
AI Recaps-February 14th
The Top 24

After weeks of auditions and the hell known as Hollywood Week, we get the top 12 guys and top 12 girls. These are the “best” 24 who will perform on AI and grovel for our votes. I also like to call this episode the “Chair” because the contestants have to walk that dreaded walk to the chair of truth, lie prostrate in front of the judges, and find out their fate. But first they have to go up the elevator, or as I like to call it the “hell-evator.” It must be the longest elevator ride ever. And in true Idol fashion, they stretch out what could have taken 15 minutes into an hour show. Here are the top 24:

Top 12 Guys
Sanjaya Makalar-There is something so DeFranco Family about this kid.

Brandon Rogers-Back up singer turned lead singer, great smile, and has a great voice.

Phil Stacy-Chris Daughtry Two: Electric Bugaloo.

Chris Slighe-As usual brings the snark, and he can sing. However, he may want to temper the snark just a wee bit. I love snark, but not everyone warms up to it.

Blake the Beat Box-Gets through but has to keep in mind that it is a singing competion. American Beat Box Idol hasn’t been done yet...give Fox time.

Rudy Cardenas-Is it just me or does he look a bit like Adam Sandler?

Paul Kim-Barefoot and lucky panties, Mr. Kim is going through.

AJ (forgot his last name)-5th time at the Idol bat and finally going through

Nicholas Pedro-He bowed out last year, but this time he is going through.

Chris Richardson-His voice is all up in the nasally, but he’s going through anyway.

Jared Kotter-Who?

Sundance Head-Despite blowing chunks during Hollywood week, Sundance goes a-Head (get it?) to the top 24.

Top 12 Girls
Melinda Doolittle-Needs to get used to the spotlight; she’s in the top 24.

Gina Glocksen-What a difference a year makes. Gina has definitely improved and is going through.

Hailey Scarnato-Who?

Jordin Sparks-Cute as a button and made the auditions in Seattle worth it. She’s going through.

Stephanie Edwards-Something about her intrigued me. Did we see her audition? Could she be a stealth contestant?

Leslie Hunt-She looks a bit like SNL’s Amy Poehler.

Alaina Alexander-She was going to pack it in and then she auditioned for AI. It was worth it. She’s going through.

Sabrina Sloan-Once again, who?

Lakisha Jones-I noticed her at the audition. I’m glad she’s going through.

Nicole Tranquillo-Snooze.

Amy Krebs-Whatever.

Antonella Barba-Her BFF Amanda implodes.

Is it just me or is this a really lackluster group? Certainly there are people who have made an impression on me-Chris Slighe, Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, to name a few, but other than that, I’m just not feeling anyone. I was hoping Tami Gosnell would make it through. I would love to see a rocker chick go far in the AI competition. And it’s been a while since a rocker girl got noticed by the music listening public. Sorry, but Avril Lavigne does not count. After completely screwing up during Hollywood week, Sundance is going over Thomas Daniels who was far more consistent. And I can’t believe Antonella went over Marisa Rhodes. Next week should be an interesting week.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:30 AM   #294
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 06:03 PM
I forgot it was on last night
Old 02-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #295
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary
So far I think this season is just okay No one is really standing out and I am finding myself reading a magazine vs. paying attention!! I just hope it gets better as it goes along.
I agree. No one stands out for me either and honestly I dont think any of them have that 'american idolness' to them.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #296
Refugee

Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416
I forgot it was on last night
Believe me, you didn't miss much.

But I'm thrilled. Remember when I told all of you I was writing an AI blog for Milwaukee's local Fox affiliate? Well, I just found out that I'm today'sfeatured blogger! Squeee
Old 02-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #297
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl

Is it just me or is this a really lackluster group? Certainly there are people who have made an impression on me-Chris Slighe, Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, to name a few, but other than that, I’m just not feeling anyone.
I'm kinda feeling the same way. Usually, by this time, there is somebody that I am really rooting for (like Taylor last year)...but not this time around.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #298
Blue Crack Distributor

No one stands out because I swear to god, we haven't seen half of these people up until now. Who WERE half those girls? They spent a lot of time focusing on people in the auditions that didn't end up making it.

Which does make it a tad more interesting, I'll give them that. It's nice not having to play the "oh, they get a backstory, so they're making the finals" game, but they need to either spend more time focusing on the good people in the initial rounds, or spend some more time in Hollywood.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #299
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

But I'm thrilled. Remember when I told all of you I was writing an AI blog for Milwaukee's local Fox affiliate? Well, I just found out that I'm today'sfeatured blogger! Squeee

And yeah, I was bummed that the blonde rocker chick didn't make it through. Of course we didn't see any of her during Hollywood week, so we don't know how her performance was and can't compare her with most of the other 12 girls that made the cut, since we barely saw them either. I liked her voice. Oh well...
Old 02-15-2007, 03:55 PM   #300
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote: