American Idol 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's what we're going to get. An hour in each city of a few good people and a lot of nutters who just want to have their 15 seconds of fame. Ugh!

... and, of course, my personal favorites: the few honestly delusional ones who think they can sing but really, really can't. :wink:

Caroni said:
Americanidol.gif

:lol: That is so cute :cute:

I've been watching Idol since the second season I think. I'm so excited :hyper: I :heart: the auditions the most, for me its the most fun to watch. The rest of the competition is mostly to decide who's the best, of course. I still love that part, but its not as fun.

:hyper: :hyper: I am way to hooked to this show. I'm always so excited for it to come on!!

Just wondering, has anybody on the boards ever tried out?? :up:

I haven't auditioned but I swear I saw an old college roomate on the show a few seasons back for a minute or so, when they pan out and show who's waiting to go in. since we didn't exactly get along, I never got to ask her. I never saw her in the "bad" people auditions, so I'm guessing no.

might sound mean, but I'm glad she didn't make it. she was crazy and she thought she was the next Jewel :no:

I'm always amazed by the truly delusional ones who really believe they can sing. They honestly don't seem to know how awful they sound. I wonder if it's the same concept as a person who has B.O., but doesn't know it, even though everyone else does ? Anyways, I can't wait for it.

^:lol: just 6 more days :hyper: even though its really stupid how people try out though they know they aren't too good, I'm kinda glad they do because it keeps me wayyy more interested :wink:

I'm siked for AI 6. Although the auditions are a LOT of TV. I used to watch it casually, but last year got sucked in big time. I really liked quite a few of the contestants last year. And I think my husband was (and still is sometimes) ready to commit me due to my ahem, *interest* in one particular contestant - which went as far as to my (innocently) getting backstage passes from him personally to one of the shows. I just hope season 6 is as good.

I have a recent newfound love of cheesy pop, so yes!

I have both of Kelly's CDs, Clay's first one, the Kurt Nilsen CD (the Norwegian idol who won World Idol) ... I think that's it. I did have Kimberley Locke's CD, but didn't keep it. I had Bo Bice's album that I got for free, but I think I ditched that one, too.

I will definitely be buying Katharine McPhee's album. If someone gave me Taylor's album for free, I'd definitely want to give i a listen.

Everytime I see his band's name, it feels like it needs an exclamation point after it.

DAUGHTRY!

The commercials are already cracking me up this season! Every year I say I will never watch again, but I always end up coming back. I just hope this year they can find better talent, and less "gimmicky" singers.

I love it. I've been listening to it all the time. There's just something about his voice that makes me feel good. :) Some of the lyrics are kind of hokey and predictable...but...like I said...it just makes me feel good. :love:

I heard the original version of one of the songs on there..."Soul Thing"...because that was one of Taylor's old songs. I like the original better. They have this one all polished and prettied. Having that comparison in mind, it kind of reminds me that Taylor can't help that American Idol is gonna dictate him for awhile and help determine his sound...but that he's still an amazing performer underneath whatever gloss they slap on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom