American Idol 6 - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #256
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Local Time: 06:25 PM
I just don't know if I'll be up to watching AI the rest of the season. The only reason why I watched last year is that I was interested to see how far Taylor would go because he was so anti-pop. There's nobody in it this year to tickle my fancy. Well, maybe a couple of folks from Texas But that's it.

And yes, Hollywood Week is draining.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #257
Blue Crack Addict

Akron is gone- I didn't know if they mentioned that last night, I didn't see it

tmz.com

Akron Watson, an "American Idol" contestant from Dallas and one of the feel-good stories of the new season, has been disinvited from the Hollywood round of the show, possibly after producers discovered a pot bust on his record.

Watson, whose San Antonio audition aired on last night's "Idol," was arrested in April 2003 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana, according to court records obtained and posted by PegasusNews.com, by way of Reality TV Magazine. He was headed to Hollywood after impressing the judges with his singing, and his story. But Watson tells Pegasus News that two days before he was scheduled to leave for Hollywood, he received a call saying that he would not be competing anymore "for unknown reasons." "Idol" producers did not comment on their withdrawn invitation.

Meanwhile, another contestant from San Antonio, facemaker Ashlyn Carr, was reportedly arrested in August for pouring sugar into the gas tank of her ex-boyfriend's car while a student at Sam Houston State University, according to a report in The Houstonian Online.

When confronted by police, says the Houstonian, Carr confessed to the crime.

A spokesman for FOX had no comment.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #258
Refugee

Local Time: 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

Meanwhile, another contestant from San Antonio, facemaker Ashlyn Carr, was reportedly arrested in August for pouring sugar into the gas tank of her ex-boyfriend's car while a student at Sam Houston State University, according to a report in The Houstonian Online.

So smoking a little weed gets you kicked off but acting liking a psycho doesn't?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #259
Blue Crack Distributor

That was my thought, too.

Maybe sugar in the gas tank comes across as a "mischievous prank" in their eyes, but they can't have someone that might corrupt the pure, innocent youth of America.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #260
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Akron is gone- I didn't know if they mentioned that last night, I didn't see it

tmz.com

Akron Watson, an "American Idol" contestant from Dallas and one of the feel-good stories of the new season, has been disinvited from the Hollywood round of the show, possibly after producers discovered a pot bust on his record.

Watson, whose San Antonio audition aired on last night's "Idol," was arrested in April 2003 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana, according to court records obtained and posted by PegasusNews.com, by way of Reality TV Magazine. He was headed to Hollywood after impressing the judges with his singing, and his story. But Watson tells Pegasus News that two days before he was scheduled to leave for Hollywood, he received a call saying that he would not be competing anymore "for unknown reasons." "Idol" producers did not comment on their withdrawn invitation.

When confronted by police, says the Houstonian, Carr confessed to the crime.

A spokesman for FOX had no comment.

I know. I mentioned it twice here already. I heard about this last week here in Dallas before the show was aired. Again, here's the interview taped by Fox reporters here in Dallas...

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/...Y&pageId=7.5.1

And since he served his time and straightened himself out, he deserves to go and try. Now that psycho girl should be taken off the show if Akron is.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #261
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:25 PM
What happened to second chances? No one is perfect, especially in your younger days, where you might experiment more. Seems if Akron just smoked pot, that's one thing. Did he hurt anybody else? While on the other hand, the story mentioned above states Ashlyn's actions did harm another. So I don't know... Give Akron another shot. Or drug test him if you are so concerned - then again, there's the right to privacy, isn't there.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:25 PM
Wow, that was a quick show tonight!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #263
Blue Crack Distributor

They're giving a lot of previous Hollywood contestants another chance this year. Two of the guys we saw in the audition shows, that Gina girl, and then I just saw that lame-ass cowboy guy from last year. Simon ripped their group a new one last year, and they let him back again?

WHATEVER.

Hey, did you all see Robyn Troup? She was the gal who won the voting thing to sing with Justin Timberlake at the Grammys! Oooh, and she didn't make it to the next round.

Sundance got a really lucky break. He kind of stunk tonight.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:00 AM   #264
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

That country singer girl was good. I think we'll hear from Robyn Troup again (outside the show).
Old 02-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #265
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:25 PM
Quote:
[i]
Sundance got a really lucky break. He kind of stunk tonight. [/B]
He has talent, the judges recognize it. I'm thinking, even if he doesn't do the greatest every night, he's still gonna go through. He can really sing well, and that's more than a bunch of the others can say.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #266
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, I think you're right.

Did Castro/Jesus get cut? I think he got cut before that last elimination. I really liked him.

Glad that annoying Perla didn't make it through.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:42 AM   #267
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:25 PM
I think so. :[ It seemed to imply it, anyway. I liked him a lot too. Pity.

I totally agree, Perla was annoying. She could only sing one thing, one way, and kept singing it. Over. And over. And over.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #268
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah. Shakira herself is annoying, I certainly don't want to watch or hear someone who imitates her.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:22 AM   #269
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
They're giving a lot of previous Hollywood contestants another chance this year. Two of the guys we saw in the audition shows, that Gina girl, and then I just saw that lame-ass cowboy guy from last year. Simon ripped their group a new one last year, and they let him back again?

WHATEVER.

Hey, did you all see Robyn Troup? She was the gal who won the voting thing to sing with Justin Timberlake at the Grammys! Oooh, and she didn't make it to the next round.

Sundance got a really lucky break. He kind of stunk tonight.
The girl who sang with Timberlake was in the Hollywood round? I did not know that. I didn't think she was anything special at the Grammys.

Perla was getting on my nerves too. And so was the blond of the "best friends" duo. I felt bad for Bailie. I don't know why she couldn't remember her words. There was one group, maybe hers, that sang a song that didn't even sound familiar.

I liked the 4 guys who did 'How Deep Is Your Love'

So tomorrow they have to narrow it down by 16 more people, and then the voting down to 12 begins
Old 02-14-2007, 01:39 AM   #270
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, that group that did How Deep Is Your Love were really good. I like the beat boxing kid and the guy with the Jack Osborne hair - I'm glad they both got through.

I was glad Bailie didn't make it through - wasn't she the one who Simon was all "you're a perfect package, record companies would love you" kind of thing? That annoyed me, so I'm glad she's gone.

Yes, I'm evil.