American Idol 6 - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #211
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:20 AM
I missed most of it

Damn, that would have been great TV

tmz.com

So that whole kerfuffle about Courtney Love replacing Paula Abdul? A lot of bunk. "Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe says that he never called Courtney, and that he has "no plans to add to or replace" Paula, Randy, or Simon. Lythgoe says he's "afraid someone may have misrepresented me." Love, for her part, called the buzz about her being on "Idol" "nonsense" in a post on her website, and that she "woul dnever [sic] ever do that." Plus, says Courtney, in the spelling-challenged screed, "i couldnt even get ON that show nor would I wantt o." She says that Us, which had the original story, "misrepresented and misquoted" her.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #212
Refugee

Local Time: 05:20 AM
AI Recaps Jan. 31st
LA Auditions

We’re going to Hollywood-literally. Will Tinsel Town bring us a superstar or make us want to throw ourselves to our death from the Hollywood sign? Olivia Newton-John is the one that we want...to help with the judging.

Martique: He claims he is eccentric. Well, that’s one way of putting it. After giving us one of the most bizarre opening moments in AI history, Martique er, sings, raps, um, I have no idea what he’s doing. Before his audition Martique claimed he wanted to be a singer, rapper, model, author, and choreographer. Now he can add trainwreck to his resume.

Shelandrick(?): He comes across as a Barry White wannabe. After singing, Barry turns in his grave.

Marianna: Someone must tell her that the Coyote Ugly look is so 1999. Marianna sings “Should I Stay or Should I Go?” I think we all know the answer to that question. Not only does Marianna get on her knees and beg the judges to let her through to Hollywood, she also brings her MILF of a mother to get them to change their minds. And despite Randy and Simon thinking Marianna’s mom is a stone cold fox, the answer is still no.

Alana: Alana has been a struggling artist. If this doesn’t work out, Alana says she’s going to go to college. Hey, nothing wrong with going to college. After the past few train wrecks, Alana is welcome relief. She has husky, warm tone that I’ve always liked, but sadly doesn’t seem to go far on AI. Perhaps this will change.

Phuong: Sex-change Taylor (and ethnicity-change Taylor). She gives us some crocodile tears about her family not supporting her musical dreams. There is a reason why. She can’t sing or dance at all! I had to avert my eyes and plug my ears. She’s that bad. She should also not evoke the name of Taylor Hicks in front of Simon. Simon hates Taylor.

Brandon: Brandon is a back up singer who has backed both Anastasia and Christina Aguilera. He better have the chops. Yes, he does have the chops-what a soulful, warm tone to his voice. Paula is practically creaming her drawers (Corey Clark, Paula, Corey Clark). And Brandon also has a great smile. He gets the golden ticket.

Brian: Brian got through to Hollywood last year and then choked. Now Brandon is back better than ever. Randy, Paula, and Olivia give him the yes to another AI chance. Simon thinks Brian is forgettable.

Sherman: Sherman is an old man who recently lost his lady love. His story brings tears to Paula’s eyes (Or maybe it's her meds). Sherman sings the old classic, “You Belong to Me” and has a pretty decent voice. Too bad he’s about forty years past the cut off age.

Now we have soulmates Darryl and Cavette. They are totally PDA city.

Cavette: Also known as Sparkles, Cavette brings it like it’s supposed to be brought. Too bad it’s not singing that’s been brought. Her flirting with Simon the hottie is really unnerving.

Darryl: Can you sing with a grill? Grill or no grill. Darryl can’t sing. Darryl and Cavette won’t be the idol finalist sweethears afterall. Oh well, they’ll always have the bus stop.

Anthony: He sings “You Light Up My Life.” As if that song isn’t bad enough.

Eric: Eric tells us he has been training for AI for two years. He sings and neither his voice nor the song he sings sounds human. Just what is he singing? We then found out that Eric trained with Randy and Paula’s DVD “Sing Like a Star.” It’s a real DVD, not a joke found in the Onion. Randy and Paula have an actual DVD. Simon finds this hysterical, and I bet the DVD makes a great gag gift.

At the end of two days in Hollywood, 39 people received the golden ticket, and they are going to Hollywood. Oh wait, they already are in Hollywood.

Next week, AI goes to San Antonio.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
just don't even know what to say about the people last night.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #214
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:20 AM

The last audition with Simon finding out about the DVD was classic.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #215
War Child

I have not laughed as hard watching Idol as I did last night. The first panther guy and the two soulmates were priceless!!
Old 02-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
The last audition with Simon finding out about the DVD was classic.
I saw that part

Simon doesn't have any ass
Old 02-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #217
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
I'm still laughing

All I have to do is think of Panther making his sound and seeing his hand swoosh by, and it makes me bust out laughing.

I can't wait for San Antonio because I knew a coworker that went down to try out, and I'm wondering if I might be able to see her on the show.

Also there's already a controversy about a guy from Dallas. He won a golden ticket, but at the last minute they took it back.

Go here for the story...

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/...Y&pageId=1.1.1

I think he should keep it since he paid his dues, and now he's in college trying to better himself. It's the perfect Cinderella story they should have kept. What he did was minor.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
can't believe I forgot about the first guy, making those noises. "just call me Eccentric"
Old 02-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Old 02-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Ok I'll admit it. I had a tear in my eye when Sherman told his story and sang. I thought that was so sweet.

That bit with Simon at the end was hilarious.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
Ok I'll admit it. I had a tear in my eye when Sherman told his story and sang. I thought that was so sweet.

those two scenes were the only worthwhile watching.

altho with that first guy, i about died laughing. that was too much.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:46 PM   #222
Refugee

Local Time: 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416
can't believe I forgot about the first guy, making those noises. "just call me Eccentric"
Probably spelled "X-entrique!"
Old 02-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue

It was really sweet. Poor guy.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #224
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, I teared up. At least they let him through to perform. They didn't have to let him through at all, right? And obviously he was too old. But it was still sweet
Old 02-06-2007, 02:52 AM   #225
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:20 PM
When you guys are watching the San Antonio auditions tomorrow, keep an eye out for a big black guy with braids and a great voice. His name is Jimmy.

Before I transferred to UT, I attended Texas State, and he was my residence assistant in my dorm. I've watched many a Mavs game with him and he's an all around great guy. I don't know how the show went for him, but it's exciting to know he is going to be on there. I saw his face in a promo ad last week.

So yeah, just a heads up.