American Idol 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
I saw from Golighty Grrl's recap that Chris Sligh sang "Typical." Anyone know who sang that originally? I may have to hunt down a copy of that song.

It is Mute Math.. from their debut album called Mute Math.:wink:

Last edited:
Oh my god, John .... something. John something who was a total dead fish on stage and sang croony numbers like he thought he was Sinatra. He was horrid. I'm sorry, but horrid. And he got a recording contract. AUGH! :mad:

Oh, um, sorry.

Mute Math, huh? I've heard OF them, but just assumed they were some dime-a-dozen indie rock band that would do absolutely nothing for me. Guess now I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

I disliked John, the Conan look-alike. He could sing, but I don't think he should have been in the competition. I cringed everytime he had to perform. I still feel bad for the guy they cut in place of Sundance in that final dramatic moment. Perhaps he looked to similar to another contestant, thus eliminating him. Too bad.

Last nights dozen were pretty disappointing :yawn:

corianderstem said:
Oh my god, John .... something. John something who was a total dead fish on stage and sang croony numbers like he thought he was Sinatra. He was horrid. I'm sorry, but horrid. And he got a recording contract. AUGH! :mad:

Oh, um, sorry.

:lol: And people kept voting him through! That was the ridiculous part. He stayed weeks after he should have left. And he knew it too. You could see it on his face. His frozen, fearful face. Poor kid.

Anyway, my big question is will the Simon/Ryan passive agressive love/hate fest continue in all its akwardness tonight? :hyper:

eta: Oh yeah, it totally is! :hyper: :hyper:

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
Jordin nailed it.. ! What a BIG VOICE FOR A 17 YR OLD! :ohmy:

:yes: She's my favorite so far!

That girl from Jersey, Antonella played it so safe during the high notes of Don't Wanna Miss A Thing. :slant:

Oh.. and the last one, #07 was definitely fake! Too much screaming. :no:

Melinda is amazing. (Especially since she knows the balance between modesty and pride).
I finally found a female contestant I can root for! :hyper:

Melinda and Lakisha were on my list to watch. Glad to hear Melinda did well. How's about Lakisha? Has she performed yet? Show must almost be over for you east-coasters

The girls really raised the bar for sure. Lakisha was holy frikkin' awesomtacular. I like Gina as well. I'm a little rusty on the names in the competition so far. There was another girl that really blew me away but I can't remember her name. Edit: I think it's Melinda.

Oh and apparently last night after the show, Chris Sligh apologized to Simon about what he said about Il Divo and Tellytubbies... and Simon just said don't worry about it, it makes great tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom