American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
What were your thoughts on last nights American Idol?

I thought Chris's "Walk the Line" take on it was very good.

Paris was awesome as was Mandisa. Bucky sounded terrible and I can't Stand Kevin. Ace gets on my nerves also.

Taylor looked like Pee-wee Herman in that suit.

I really enjoyed Chris' version of Walk The Line. He had to tread carefully with such a classic like that, but I think he really made it his own.

I didn't care for either Buddy Holly songs. I do like Taylor, I just think that there wasn't really enough in Not Fade Away to make a great performance. You know?

Mandisa was incredible again and Ace seemed to do a bit better, but I just don't like him. :shrug: He may be a pretty face, but Chris has the better voice.

Bottom three for tonight

Bucky, Taylor, Kevin

herman.jpg

This was what Taylor reminded me of last night.

1. Mandisa: I Don't Hurt Anymore (Dinah Washington) – She was less belty than in the past and showed some subtlety. There was creaminess to her vocals. She was so heartfelt. She looked so classy and beautiful in her black dress and she appears to be losing some weight. She really set the bar high for tonight’s performances. I just love Mandisa. There is something so genuine and warm about her. I sent several votes her way.

2. Bucky: Oh Boy (Buddy Holly)- He was a bit off pitch at the beginning and though this is a high energy song, I thought he was phoning it in. He seemed a bit off and he was rather weak and underwhelming. I really want to root for Bucky because he seems like the nicest guy, but sadly, I can’t.

3. Paris: Fever (Peggy Lee)- Paris has an amazing vocal instrument, but “Fever” needs to be sung by a grown-ass woman, not someone who isn’t old enough to vote or buy a beer. “Fever” is far too sophisticated for the likes of Paris. I kept wondering how Mandisa would handle it. However, she was dressed much better. Paris is quite tiny, and when she’s dressed up in too many bangles, ruffles, poof, and jewelry, she looks like a little girl dressing up in her mom’s clothes.

4. Chris: Walk the Line (Johnny Cash) –I did like how Chris sang this song, but Live also did it…much better. I get the feeling Chris’ music collection contains only Live, Creed, Fuel, Pearl Jam, and the like. It’s as if he doesn’t realize music began long before 1991. And I’m starting to get a weird vibe from Chris. I think he takes himself way too seriously.

5. Katharine: Come Rain or Come Shine (Ella Fitzgerald)- It looks like she got eye shagging tips from Ace. I think she’s a very good singer, despite some rank notes, but I tend to forget her performances within minutes of seeing them. I’m getting a pageant girl vibe from her, too. I hope she pulls through and shows us what she can do in future performances.

6. Taylor: Not Fade Away (Buddy Holly)- On a shallow note, I miss the dark, pin-striped suit Taylor wore last week. However, his light blue suit matches my eyes, so I won’t complain too much. I liked how Barry Manilow called Taylor a “whiskey tenor.” I’ve called Taylor’s voice “lived-in.” I do wish Taylor would have picked a different song to show off his vocals. I was kind of meh on “Not Fade Away.” I can’t wait for Taylor to do a ballad. However, Taylor totally got into the spirit of the show and brought such joy and exuberance to his performance. I loved how he used the entire stage (and beyond) and jammed out with the sax player. Taylor could sing “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” and I’d be riveted. No ringing phone, knock on my door, or desperate urge to pee will keep me from watching Taylor’s performances on AI. I sent many, many votes his way. I just can’t help it.

7. Lisa: Why Do Fool's Fall in Love (Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers)- After Taylor, what do I care? I like Lisa; she’s a great singer and very poised and mature, but she’s just so dull as a performer.

8. Kevin: When I Fall in Love (Nat King Cole) – After last week’s fiasco of “Part-Time Toddler”, Kevin gives us a more appropriate song. I didn’t think it was too horrible, but he’s still so amateurish. Interestingly enough, there is a weather man here in Milwaukee who looks like a grown-up Kevin.

9. Elliot: Teach Me Tonight (Al Jarreau's version/ original by The DeCastro Sisters)- I think Elliott did an amazing job with this song. He has such a beautiful voice with the proper amount of nuance. He also appears to becoming more comfortable on stage. Great job, Elliott!!! I also sent some votes his way.

10. Kelly Pickler: Walkin' After Midnight (Patsy Cline)- This is a song that played heavily on my psyche when my relationship with someone who I thought was “The One” fell apart. Sorry for the TMI, but this song means a great deal to me, and Kellie turned it into a stripper song. This is song of heartache and longing, not a slutty bump and grind. Did she actually listen to the lyrics? As a writer, this really upsets me. And when she was called a tigress, I nearly shouted, “What an insult to cats!”

11. Ace Gyllenhaal: The Still of the Night (The Five Satins)- He was a bit pitchy in some parts, but I didn’t think it was that horrible. I think this a song for suitable for a group song, but Ace gives me a boy band vibe anyway. Didn’t do much for me but then again, I’m not a little girl like Sammi, the little girl in the audience who has a woodgie-coo jones for Ace.

Last edited:
Well, all my Kellie Pickler Trailer Park Series is gone... :mad:

Kellietrailer2.jpg

Here are some new ones for your delight:

Hey Y'all !!!!!! Don't forget, treasures abound at the trailer park! Just yesterday I was mowing out back and lookie what I found. I got me some fancy wheels now!

kellietour12.jpg

Hey Y'all! You don't have much room in a trailer for one of them fancy entertainment centers, but that's all right. All you really needs a bird house and a shot gun to geterdone. My friend Bucky here likes it more than playing Star Wars on one of those fancy gaming boxes. pssst....Bucky don't say much 'cause he gets all stuttery in public.

kellietour14.jpg

OH MY GAWD Y'ALL. These little green aliens came and visited my Grandpappy last week and left him this here alien food. What do you do with it y'all? They told Grandpappy it was one of the basic food groups but it don't look like no beef jerky I've ever seen before. Next them aliens is gonna make Grandpappy dress little dawgies or something!

Kelliemovie17.jpg

Hey Y'all! Ever since I got to LA, peoples been asking me what I thought about the OJ trail. Well OJs is kinda 'spensive, so I mostly drink Koolaid. But I thought I better figure it out because all these questions are plum wearing me out.
...pssst, I've drinking for an hour and I still don't know the answer. Alls I know is I gotta to pee real bad. B-bye!

kellietour27.jpg

Hey Y'all. Simon and Paula took me out to this ol' wheat field back behind Parrotmount Studios, kinda like I did ol' Blue when he was acting not quite right. I ain't never had nothing with wheat in it before. Anywho, they gave me this really cool hat and said if I wore it and walked around in the wheat fields, it would protect me from all you hater peoples extraterrestrial bored activites. They said it worked for that Carrie girl too.

kellietour34.jpg

According to www.dialidol.com (which measures the busy signals received last night), Elliot will be going home tonight... I cannot believe how many votes Kellie is getting...

DialIdol
Rank Idol Busy Percent Actual Rank
1 Taylor Hicks 53.9734 -
2 Kellie Pickler 52.4967 -
3 Chris Daughtry 49.7977 -
4 Mandisa 49.3474 -
5 Ace Young 35.769 -
6 Katharine McPhee 33.0961 -
7 Paris Bennett 31.7413 -
8 Kevin Covais 23.8291 -
9 Bucky Covington 23.2832 -
10 Lisa Tucker 21.124 -
11 Elliott Yamin 13.1646 -
:ohmy: :ohmy:

U2@NYC said:
According to www.dialidol.com (which measures the busy signals received last night), Elliot will be going home tonight... I cannot believe how many votes Kellie is getting...

DialIdol
Rank Idol Busy Percent Actual Rank
1 Taylor Hicks 53.9734 -
2 Kellie Pickler 52.4967 -
3 Chris Daughtry 49.7977 -
4 Mandisa 49.3474 -
5 Ace Young 35.769 -
6 Katharine McPhee 33.0961 -
7 Paris Bennett 31.7413 -
8 Kevin Covais 23.8291 -
9 Bucky Covington 23.2832 -
10 Lisa Tucker 21.124 -
11 Elliott Yamin 13.1646 -
:ohmy: :ohmy:

NNNNNNNNNOOOOO!!! Get rid of Kevin PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Part Time Toddler":lmao:

GoLightly Grrl - why do you keep referring to Ace as "Ace Gyllenhaal" when his last name is Young?

Numb1075 said:
"Part Time Toddler":lmao:

GoLightly Grrl - why do you keep referring to Ace as "Ace Gyllenhaal" when his last name is Young?

I think he looks a bit like Jake Gyllenhaal. Someone on Television Without Pity mentioned it and now I keep forgetting his last name is Young. I'm so goofy.

And according to Dial Idol, Elliott might get voted off. Damn it all to hell!!!!!:mad:

Golightly Grrl said:

I think he looks a bit like Jake Gyllenhaal. Someone on Television Without Pity mentioned it and now I keep forgetting his last name is Young. I'm so goofy.

And according to Dial Idol, Elliott might get voted off. Damn it all to hell!!!!!:mad:

gimme a break

Jake is a legitimate quality actor

Ace is a complete phony lightweight

And they don't look very much alike, at all..

U2@NYC said:

But Sly, you are an American Idol.

Perhaps the biggest one.

True :up:

But i´m not a part of the modern attention whore culture, that seems to fuel the youth. If only the public would stop watching shit like American Idol, and start going to the gym instead.

Sly, the american youth are busy flexing their finger muscles w/ every phone vote or text message for their favorites.

Enormous finger muscles should count for something, no?

Conversation at another board with my awesome friend Brandy:

Brandy: I wanted to show my mom the Taylor goodness. I come running up the steps and she is already watching it. She was totally making fun of poor Bucky Covington. Can the boy help that he has a completely jacked up grill?

Bonochick: My mom makes fun of Bucky too. Like, whenever I call her, one of the first things she says is, "I hate Bucky." I think that's her new greeting or something.

Speaking of jacked up grills, I <3 Elliott, but his teeth and ears always distract me when he performs. It makes me feel like a superficial witch. I can't help it. He is such a good singer though.

I want to shrink Taylor down so I can turn him into a pocket pet.

Brandy: I loved Taylor's all white sneakers last night. What a freaking puppy he is.

I watch Ace with the mute on. He has this perputal rosy cheeked thing going on that freaks me out. Also the whole trying to eye fuck me through my Toshiba is something to shy away from.

Bonochick: Ace is like Constantine, only not sucktacularistically full of himself. He's hot and a good singer. But I thought his performance last night sucked dog biscuits. Paula and Randy were being all nice, and I'm thinkin', come on, Simon! Tell it like it is! And then he praised him too! What the fudge fairy?!

Brandy: I saw Constantine's big goofy fucking mug in the auidence last night. He was all sitting next to freaking Ryan Cabrera. How do you spell that? The man's hair is illegal in seven states. This totally includes Puerto Rico.

Bonochick: Mom said she heard on some radio station that Constantine is dating Kelly Pickler.

Which brings me to another rant.

Kelly's whole "I'm just a country-fried lass from the sticks who golly gosh dern doesn't know a dern thing!" is getting REALLY annoying. Just go shopping with Jessica Simpson and get off my TV.

Brandy: I think she's a little too fake for me. I mean I'm country, and I do pronounce salmon like she does. She just pushes that shit way too hard.

I only want the Taylor. The rest can go kindly fuck themselves with a government grilled cheese sandwich.

Bonochick: Taylor needs hour long primetime specials...to be released on DVD...with more bonus features than you can shake a bedazzled stick at.

Brandy: His dancing makes me cringe though.

I shouldn't talk, because I dropped everything I was doing last night to dance to Britney's "I'm a Slave 4 U."

Bonochick: His dancing makes me giddy with glee, like a school girl with brand new knee socks.

Is this thread about American idol? I guess so

The reason Kevin is still on there is partially due to that web site I posted in the old thread-it's called something like "votefortheworst.com"

"part time toddler" I love that Golightly Grrl, keep em coming :applaud:

Bonochick said:

Bonochick: His dancing makes me giddy with glee, like a school girl with brand new knee socks.

:lmao:

When that little girl Sammy was talking to Ryan last night, Rick and I both said "hey, that's Mini-BC!" :cute:

I just watched last night's show. I am full of irrational hatred of both Kevin and Kellie right now. I wanted them both to fall off the stage. Or the edge of the world, whichever. :wink:

Katharine and Mandisa were beyond amazing. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom