American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Mandisa is the worst either... But as we know, the people who vote, dont' always vote for the best singer... I definitely think Ace and Bucky are the worst singers, but the viewers seem to like them... So i'm gonna predict Mandisa, even though she doesn't deserve it.

This show is now starting to incur my displeasure :| Mandisa's song choice may have not been the best but she certainly is one of the best singers this season and should not have been voted off before Bucky :tsk:

one4u2 said:
This show is now starting to incur my displeasure :| Mandisa's song choice may have not been the best but she certainly is one of the best singers this season and should not have been voted off before Bucky :tsk:

My pleasure was incurred back when Bucky made the top 12... But i've come to realize that some of these people have a huge fan base who votes for them EVERY week regardless of how they do... Taylor had an off night last night, but he still got major votes... and no matter how average Kellie is, she's still always in the top 3... it doesn't really matter how they sing on any given week... Plus, i'm still not convinced that this show isn't rigged...

Bono's Doll said:
I hope Mandisa goes--I can't take much more of her screeching! Most of you are too young to really remember Kenny Rogers--but man he didn't even look the same as I remember him with Dolly Parton back in the 80's--something tells me a little eye lift here & little botox there. :ohmy:

You're right about Kenny - he looked.... funny :huh:

and I agree with Allegra!

I'm not sorry to see Mandisa go.

Paris shouldn't have been in the bottom three though.

She's pretty easily the best singer in the competition.

I still maintain it's not rigged; America just has shitty taste. :wink:

While Mandisa was one of the better singers overall, I'm not too shocked to see her go. I don't know about anyone else, but I was really put off by her "Jesus yay"/"change your lifestyle and Jesus will save you" spiel last week.

And what was with her blessing her fans in Jesus' name? "I bless you in the name of Jesus" ... what, are you ordained or something? Off. Putting.

Oh well. Shall we take bets as to when the first cries of "she was voted off because she's big!" or "she was voted off because she's black!" come around? Sir Elton, care to make a statement about how racist America is this year?

Bucky's just going to fly under the radar until he's just so outclassed by the others, he's the obvious choice to go. It shouldn't be long. Hang in there, folks! :wink:

corianderstem said:
I still maintain it's not rigged; America just has shitty taste. :wink:

While Mandisa was one of the better singers overall, I'm not too shocked to see her go. I don't know about anyone else, but I was really put off by her "Jesus yay"/"change your lifestyle and Jesus will save you" spiel last week.

And what was with her blessing her fans in Jesus' name? "I bless you in the name of Jesus" ... what, are you ordained or something? Off. Putting.

Oh well. Shall we take bets as to when the first cries of "she was voted off because she's big!" or "she was voted off because she's black!" come around? Sir Elton, care to make a statement about how racist America is this year?

Bucky's just going to fly under the radar until he's just so outclassed by the others, he's the obvious choice to go. It shouldn't be long. Hang in there, folks! :wink:

Yeah, that blessing she gave really was just... :crazy:

namkcuR said:
[B

Paris shouldn't have been in the bottom three though.

She's pretty easily the best singer in the competition. [/B]

Wow you are not hearing what I am-I think she is terrible and when she opens her mouth to talk in that nasaly high pitched voice, I think she is speaking to the dolphins. But then again she has driven me crazy since day one so call me biased!

I thought Mandisa was right in going. For the past two weeks she has promoted herself shamelessly and I was sick of it. You have a beautiful gospel voice and you go sing Shania Twain?!?! What the f---? That song my girlfriends and I sang better when we were drunk at a bar. I am sorry it had to come to this for her but as I say everyweek....bring on the next!!

corianderstem said:

I agree. I did like her though.

AI-Elimination Night

Kenny Rogers, botoxed out of his gourd, phones in a boring song. I wish I could un-remember it.

And did anyone notice that Taylor was hardly featured in the Ford pimpmercial? Was it because he was so damn sick or are the powers that be trying to de-pimp him? I hate to be paranoid, so I hope it’s because he was sick. However, after the pimpmercial, I loved Ryan’s snark on Kellie. Go Ryan!!!!

I thought the way the show did the eliminations, having the contestants in three separate groups of three, was so assy even though I know they’re doing it for dramatics. Please realize these are human beings on stage. Damn, I’m too hyper-sensitive for this show sometimes.

Speaking of being hyper-sensitve, I was so scared for Taylor and my eyes actually puddled up a bit when he was declared safe.

I wasn’t surprised that Kellie and Bucky were safe because country night was their element. And I wasn’t surprised that Chris was safe considering he had a pretty good performance Tuesday night.

In what universe is Elliott considered bad enough to be in the bottom three? Thank God he ended up being safe. And I never noticed it before, but Elliott has such pretty blue eyes.

And the planet that sings, Mandisa, is rocket-launched out of the AI orbit. I can’t say I was too surprised. She had two really rank performances in a row. And I’m sure her preachy lifestyle comment and Beth Moore connection did not help matters. You are nothing without the gay vote, Mandisa. Gay men are the backbone of the Big, Black Diva community.

And next week is Queen week. Should be very interesting.

Golightly Grrl said:
AI-Elimination Night

Kenny Rogers, botoxed out of his gourd, phones in a boring song.

And next week is Queen week. Should be very interesting.

Kenny Rogers had a bad facelift :| but on the other side of the coin QUEEN next week :hyper: :hyper:

I think Queen next week does not bode well for Paris or Kelly.

I just don't see these 2 having great performances of this.

Chris singing "We Will Rock You"? That, I'd like to see.

ljclary said:

Wow you are not hearing what I am-I think she is terrible and when she opens her mouth to talk in that nasaly high pitched voice, I think she is speaking to the dolphins. But then again she has driven me crazy since day one so call me biased!

:yes: Gotta agree on Paris... She was completely off key on that Leann Rimes song... Just cuz she has a powerful voice, it doesn't mean that's it's in tune... It was awful... :rolleyes:

I wasn't really suprised that Mandisa went. I was very happy to see that Taylor, Elliot and Chris were safe. I don't know how Elliot could ever be in the bottom three. Of all the performers, he has the most amazing voice. So he's a little shy, so what? I like the guy.

Queen is going to be really cool. Looking forward to it :up: :yes:

Bucky is doing "Another One Bites the Dust" - Mark my words.....

I think this song would be the least challenging to sing (perfect for him). The verses are basically Freddy Mercury just talking.

I want to see someone do "Tie Your Mother Down" or maybe "Radio Ga Ga," complete with Live-Aid performance handclaps! :hyper:

Numb1075 said:

I think this song would be the least challenging to sing (perfect for him).

And the most perfect for his dismissal :wink:

Numb1075 said:

I think this song would be the least challenging to sing (perfect for him). The verses are basically Freddy Mercury just talking.

Ummm...but I can't understand Bucky even when he sings...:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom