American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trojanchick99 said:
A few rumors from TWOP:

Kelly "Kerosene" :|

:up:

Kerosene

Bad Religion

everywhere I look I see exclusive huddled
uninviting shelter is privilege,
of the sane and competent,
kerosene keeps me warm,
I'm alone to watch it burn,
kerosene
exposure, is a pitiful
and pointless way of dying
before it gets me,
I'll set a funeral pyre
kerosene keeps me warm,
I'm alone to watch it burn,
kerosene
I'm a man and my dignity
won't wave,
tonight buildings rage,
kerosene keeps me warm,
it feels so good
to watch it burn,
kerosene keeps me warm,
feels so good to watch it burn,
kerosene

Last edited:
That was horrid. Most everyone was off. I do think some if it might be attributed to the shortness of the songs as it's hard to squeeze 10 singers into an hour.

Lisa: Step away from the Kelly Clarkson. That was out of tune and didn't have the life Kelly brings to her music. (Yes, I'm a fan of Kelly Clarkson, I admit it).

Kellie: Horrible song,really awful execution. Really bad song choice, considering it has to be shortened.

Ace: Well, he's pretty. Bad shirt choice. I like the song, but again he was a bit out of tune.

Taylor: I acually liked it. It probably helped that I didn't recognize the song, and couldn't compare it to the original, but I liked.

Mandisa: Upbeat, gospel is def in her wheelhouse. Was okay, but again the arrangement hurt.

Bucky: Dude. That outfit was just not attractive. Not bad, for a country song. Simon obviously hates country.

Chris: Is so in the doghouse tonight. Creed! I would have actually preferred Nickelsuck.

Katherine: Out of tune a bit. That's a very tricky song. Not bad, but not great. Oh, and her outfit should be burned.

Paris: Fun. Beyonce is a good choice for her, not overly challenging. However, very bad makeup choice.

Elliot: I like listening to him. However, then I look at him, and well, he's not Ace. Yes, I'm being shallow. However, I still really like Elliot, it's just hard watching him sometimes.

Overall, this was a weak show tonight. I'm not going to bother ranking em, cause with the exception of Kellie and Lisa who were horrid, the rest were really bunched up tonight.

ETA: I was trying to block out Chris singing Creed. Oops.

Last edited:
Really bad

I love that song Trouble- Ray Lamontagne is a very tough singer to even come close to, I thought Taylor could have done much better

Paris was annoying

Chris-why, just why? :scream: I agree with Simon, he has to do something different or he's gone

I think Katherine will win the whole thing-she's beautiful (let's be honest, looks are part of it-especially unfortunately for the female contestants.You can have a Ruben or Clay, another double standard) and she's a pretty good singer. She's the "safest" choice that still has credibility.

No real fireworks last night.

Lisa's voice - when she is singing in her normal mid-range - sounds off to me.

Kellie - Looked very different with less makeup. Song choice was horrible. Like somebody said last week, "I don't need another Carrie Underwood".

Ace- Not rockin' enough. He still has that contrived nasal boy-band sound going on that he SO needs to loose.

Taylor - I think this was one of his better nights. He lost the dance moves and seriously sang his heart out. My only problem with the performance was the song choice could've been more powerful.

Mandisa - She gets my vote for the gutsiest song choice and performance.

Bucky - Boring, Bad song choice, Bad clothes, Bad sound, Blech
:yuck:

Chris - Still my overall choice. Needs to pick better songs. The camera was moving a little too much & could never really focus on his face or words very much.

Katharine - You either love Christina Aguleira music or you hate it.
I hated the song choice. Sounded extremely choppy and off pitch throughout. Katharine can do better.

Paris - She needs different hair & makeup. She is starting to annoy me too. Her performance, however, was better than the other girls. It was just not as boring.

Elliott - He sang well. Again, nobody chose a song that was really exciting. Lukewarm.

The lineup of songs and performances was not great. I think that the judges weren't looking hard enough for talent to begin with.
:|

I thought the whole night was pretty ghastly. Talk about a boring and mediocre bunch of songs!! Their songlist must be severely limited. :tsk:

The judges are sending Chris a double message. Last week they said not to change, that he never compromises and sticks to what he does best, it's so great blah blah, and this week they tell him to change! I agree he should change things, but then they shouldn't hand out these mixed messages. :shrug:

I just about barfed when they said Chris was doing Creed. :yuck: Man, the lot of them sucked tonight. I thought Taylor was one of the better ones and I enjoyed Elliot as well.

So who is going home tonight? It's got to be Bucky.

But who knows? :shrug:

The Final Ten Performances-Songs from the 21st Century

If some Martians landed on Earth last night and watched AI, I bet they’d say, “Damn, Earthlings. Your music sucks!”

Anyway onto the show.

Lisa-Because of You (Kelly Clarkson)-Certainly can’t compare to the original and is it really so smart to do a song by someone who won the first AI? I heard some rank notes and Randy was right; there was no “Wow Factor.” I wish Lisa would have waited a few years to audition for AI to give her a chance to wash off the stank of “child performer” and learn who she really is.

Kellie-Suds in the Bucket (Sara Evans)-More like “Duds in the Bucket.” I’ve always despised this song. Kellie was so karaoke in both her singing and delivery. Needless to say, I wasn’t impressed, but somehow she’ll stay.

Ace-Drops of Jupiter (Train)-Another song I hate. Ace was so earnest at the end with his puppy dog eyes, but the vocals and performance were so underwhelming. And touching his scar was so icky.

Taylor-Trouble (Ray LaMontagne)-Taylor finally took my advice and wore some dark wash blue jeans. I had never heard this song before or the artist. Leave it to Mr. Hicks to introduce me to something new. I really enjoyed Taylor’s performance. I liked how Taylor didn’t try to “entertain” us and delivered simply through his vocals. He actually stood fairly still. He was almost Zen like. Another great performance from Taylor. I knew he could be more low-key and still do a fabulous job.

Mandisa-Shackles-Wanna Praise You (Mary, Mary)-The song didn’t work for her range. And just like Simon mentioned, it was indulgent. I didn’t appreciate the preaching in the beginning. What do you mean by “lifestyles” Mandisa? Mandisa’s weakest performance to date. I hope she can do better next week. I know she can.

Chris-What If (Creed)-So nice for Chris to put “Livegate” to rest. Now onto the song. Creed sucks and Chris is really starting to bore me. Can he even try to show another side to him or is he completely without dimension? He’s becoming a one-trick pony and the pony ain’t his.

Katharine-Voice Within (Christina Aguilera)-I thought she has some rank, sharp notes (or maybe it was the wine I was drinking). Did I hear a completely different song than the judges? What was up with their tongue bath? And the song itself sucked on a Hallmark card level. Those lyrics are pure treacle.

Bucky-Real Good Man (Tim McGraw)-I love how unpretentious Bucky is. Anyway, I thought he sang a song that was right for his persona and voice, but Paula, of all people, was right. Bucky does need to work on his diction.

Paris-Work It Out (Beyonce)-Paris had a lot of fun with the song and her vocals were far superior than most of the performers tonight. She was sassy and brought a lot of energy to her performance. I hate to be a pearl clutching matron but her booty/coochie thrusting was very disturbing. And please fire her stylist!

Elliott I Don’t Wanna Know (Gavin DeGraw)-Okay, I usually hate this over-played song, but I really like how Elliott performed it. He’s finally getting more comfortable on stage, has more energy, and it shows. He actually entertained us. And he’s also getting better looking to me.

Yesterday's show was crap. :down:

Maybe Sly Stallone was right after all.

Or maybe they have such a limited selection of songs to choose from that they ended up with these terrible tunes. I would guess that American Idol, a show that reportedly makes Fox more than $900 million per season, could afford to pay a few licenses so we can listen to better songs.

My prediction: Lisa is going home tonight. Bucky should probably go but America has way too many country-music-loving rednecks.

For the first time, I found myself not liking any of them. Last night was the worst hour of television... my life would like that hour back.

And have you noticed that Elliot has suddenly transformed into Eminem? Next week, I half expect him to show up with a posse or maybe with hooves as he becomes Mr. Tumnus, the Faun... from The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.

Okay, I was on some blog and saw the predicted results from that Dial Idol thing? I guess it predicts the bottom three based on busy signals or some damn thing, I don't know... but they had Katharine as the one with the lowest number of votes.

Boy howdy, she looked so down-hearted the whole half hour, I thought for SURE she was going home and that she knew it ahead of time.

I don't think I've ever been so relieved watching this show, to hear Seacrest say Lisa's name.

Uh ... how sad is that? :reject:

:wink:

well... I must say, I don't believe Katharine should have been in the bottom 3. I was worried there for a bit. Lisa wasn't very good last night. Au revoir Lisa :wave:

Next week = country theme :yuck:

and I'm with you corianderstem about being relieved when he called out Lisa's name
whew.gif

By the way, did you hear the rumor of Seacrest & Hatcher :hmm:
http://www.usmagazine.com/blog/2006/03/29/us-exclusive-teri-hatcher-and-ryan-seacrest-make-out/

Last edited:
How - HOW - the fuck is Bucky still in this thing?

He is a BAD singer.

Is this a purely subjective statement based in opinion?

No.

He is a BAD singer.

Anyway, the whole show last night was bad.

Paris should have picked a Norah Jones song or something instead of Beyonce - it would have fit her voice more.

Couldn't stand Mandisa. Her performance was self-indulgant. That kind of performance should be saved for church. A prime-time reality show is not the place to flaunt your religion.

Finally, if the only songs AI can use from this decade are crap, then they should just spare us and not have a 21st century night.

namkcuR said:
How - HOW - the fuck is Bucky still in this thing?

He is a BAD singer.

Is this a purely subjective statement based in opinion?

No.

He is a BAD singer.

Anyway, the whole show last night was bad.

Paris should have picked a Norah Jones song or something instead of Beyonce - it would have fit her voice more.

Couldn't stand Mandisa. Her performance was self-indulgant. That kind of performance should be saved for church. A prime-time reality show is not the place to flaunt your religion.

Finally, if the only songs AI can use from this decade are crap, then they should just spare us and not have a 21st century night.

I couldn't agree with you more. Especially the last sentence. I'm NOT looking forward to country music week. Why do they do this to us. WHY???? :mad:

It won't be good country either. I'm a fan of old country.. grew up on it. It will likely be this hybrid country-pop vomit that's on the radio these days.

I'm thinking Taylor could do good with a Johnny Cash song. I was thinking Big River maybe :hmm:

That was a joke that Bucky was not in the three but Katherine was, come on

And yes, I saw on some show last night that Ryan is involved somehow with Teri Hatcher, they had photos of them kissing :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom