American Idol 5 Pt. II - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

we all need to accept the fact that Simon is actually always dead-on accurate and is, by far, the smartest person involved in that show, either on the show, producing the show, or at home watching the show.
Except for the fact that he loves Kellie Pickler who by far does not have the best voice on the show.

ignorance is not attractive Kellie.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #62
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:49 AM
Simon loves Kellie because she might be the most marketable. I don't think for one second he thinks she's the best singer.

I recently bought a used copy of Simon's book I Don't Mean to Be Rude, But .... I can't wait to read it.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Simon loves Kellie because she might be the most marketable. I don't think for one second he thinks she's the best singer.

She won't make a pop record though.
I don't need another Carrie Underwood. Kellie should be on Nashville Star.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #64
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Simon likes her cause he can fantasize about her being a naughty little minx, who is not jailbait

Old 03-23-2006, 07:48 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:49 AM
Kellie sort of reminds me of Jewel, but can't sing nearly as well. It's obvious Simon, Paula and Randy praise certain people just to boost ratings for a while because there may be interest associated with those people (which they create in some cases..like Chicken Little). They're playing us like cards!
Old 03-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #66
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
I don't need another Carrie Underwood.
Sing it, sister.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:00 PM   #67
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Local Time: 08:49 AM
First, it took me forever to find this new thread.

Now, let's ignore Paula for a moment and talk about Randy's comments. I think he's getting more positive and not "keeping it real." Bucky was just GAWD awful Tuesday night, and Randy gave him high marks. I was like WTF? Are you tone deaf this evening Randy?! Bucky sucked!!! I thought that was his worst performance yet! Simon was on the mark the whole evening. Even though I love Taylor, that was his worst song choice. And yes, Paula, Taylor was a joy to watch, but I have to agree with Simon. So sit down girl and take a chill pill!!!

At least Kevin is gone. Bucky should have been the one to go first, then Kevin, and then Lisa. Those bottom three were my bottom three as well. But even though I never really liked Kevin, that was his personal best. I think he needs to get a job with Disney and sing songs for their cartoons. His voice is just too young for me.

Ace - Again his pretty boy look and his high pitched voice have got to go. He barely passed.

Bucky - OUT ALREADY!

Chris - Best guy singer

Elliot - Again just an average performance. The boy can sing, but his stage fright is soooo obvious! He needs to learn from Chris on how to relax.

Katherine - One of the best girl singers

Kellie - I agree I loved her rags to possible riches story, but now she's acting more and more stupid. It's almost as if someone told her that people love the dumb Blonde act. I was on her side, but now I'm not so sure.

Kevin - Personal best, but "Nah, nah, nah, nah.....nah, nah, nah, nah.....hey, hey, hey....good bye!" "And don't forget to get a job with Disney "

Lisa - Just OK. Not surprised she was on the bottom.

Mandisa - Also one of the best girl singers

Paris - She's good, but I put her in third place among the girls

Taylor - Disappointed. Poor song choice which made his singing not so hot. He still makes me smile though when he's on stage dancing like a Goof.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:16 PM   #68
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
First, it took me forever to find this new thread.

Now, let's ignore Paula for a moment and talk about Randy's comments. I think he's getting more positive and not "keeping it real." Bucky was just GAWD awful Tuesday night, and Randy gave him high marks. I was like WTF? Are you tone deaf this evening Randy?! Bucky sucked!!! I thought that was his worst performance yet! Simon was on the mark the whole evening. Even though I love Taylor, that was his worst song choice. And yes, Paula, Taylor was a joy to watch, but I have to agree with Simon. So sit down girl and take a chill pill!!!

At least Kevin is gone. Bucky should have been the one to go first, then Kevin, and then Lisa. Those bottom three were my bottom three as well. But even though I never really liked Kevin, that was his personal best. I think he needs to get a job with Disney and sing songs for their cartoons. His voice is just too young for me.

Ace - Again his pretty boy look and his high pitched voice have got to go. He barely passed.

Bucky - OUT ALREADY!

Chris - Best guy singer

Elliot - Again just an average performance. The boy can sing, but his stage fright is soooo obvious! He needs to learn from Chris on how to relax.

Katherine - One of the best girl singers

Kellie - I agree I loved her rags to possible riches story, but now she's acting more and more stupid. It's almost as if someone told her that people love the dumb Blonde act. I was on her side, but now I'm not so sure.

Kevin - Personal best, but "Nah, nah, nah, nah.....nah, nah, nah, nah.....hey, hey, hey....good bye!" "And don't forget to get a job with Disney "

Lisa - Just OK. Not surprised she was on the bottom.

Mandisa - Also one of the best girl singers

Paris - She's good, but I put her in third place among the girls

Taylor - Disappointed. Poor song choice which made his singing not so hot. He still makes me smile though when he's on stage dancing like a Goof.
As you said, I think Ace barely passed. Poor song choice, yet again. I think he semi-redeemed himself with that last note of the song. Otherwise it was

Bucky -

Kellie - I don't think it's an act. I think she's just that... naíve, yeah, that's the word

Lisa has a good voice, but it's just not fitting this competition that well.

Kevin's song choice seemed to be okay, so I thought he might have been saved 1 more week with Bucky sent packing. Oh well. He's got one more week to soak in the "Hollywood" spotlight

Paris has a good voice, but her song choices are just way beyond her years. She's no Mandisa

Taylor's song choice was disappointing. Why didn't he pick an Elvis Presley tune, like Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock, there's tons more Elvis and 50s songs to choose from
Old 03-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

Taylor's song choice was disappointing. Why didn't he pick an Elvis Presley tune, like Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock, there's tons more Elvis and 50s songs to choose from
Maybe the show couldn't get permission to cover Elvis songs. I wonder how often the contestants don't get to sing their first choice.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:38 PM   #70
Blue Crack Distributor

I would like to see the list of songs they get to choose from

Didn't someone do an Elvis cover last year or the year before??

Daughter just remembered - It was 'A Little Less Conversation', sung by Jon Peter Lewis (pens/pencil selling boy)
Old 03-24-2006, 08:02 AM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

hey that looks like Chris
Old 03-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

people.com

Booted American Idol teen Kevin Covais may be no Orlando Bloom – in fact, the bespectacled high-school student earned the nickname "Chicken Little" on the TV show – but that's not to say that the Long Island, NY native has problems attracting members of the opposite sex.

"I can honestly tell you that before (Idol) I was pretty confident with girls," Covais, 16, tells MTV.com. "The only difference was I didn't have celebrity status. I'm more confident now, of course. I'm sure certain girls will just want a celebrity who's been on TV, but I'll watch out for those girls."

They're already watching out for him, according to New York's Daily News. A hero's welcome is being planned for Covais once he returns from Los Angeles, where Idol is taped. Photos of him already are on display throughout his native Levittown and a Nassau County politician has plans for a reception.

By his own admission, Covais tells the News about going home after his brief but highly visible TV stint, "I may be treated a little differently" once he goes home. "But my friends and family will treat me as before, as good old Kevin."

Old? All right. But as for his nickname, Covais tells MTV.com: "I love (it). I'm a fun-loving guy, and I enjoy that type of stuff. I'm sarcastic and witty, and I have a sense of humor. And I know it's nothing against me because one of my best friends, (fellow Idol hopeful) Paris Bennett, made it up."
Old 03-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Julia Louis-Dreyfus is a tad annoyed at spastic “American Idol” crooner Taylor Hicks. Why? Because Taylor stole Elaine’s moves!

“He even does a little bit of that kick, doesn’t he,” Julia told MIX 98.5’s John Lander in an interview set to air this morning.

“I should call him, those are my moves and he’s stolen them!”
Old 03-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Daughter just remembered - It was 'A Little Less Conversation', sung by Jon Peter Lewis (pens/pencil selling boy)
Good ol' JPL.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:28 AM   #75
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
ignorance is not attractive Kellie.

she's faking it.

you've got to wonder how someone who claims so much ignorance of the world is in possession of opposable thumbs.