American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E news (or maybe it was Access Hollywood..I was flipping) said that two seasons ago Britney Spears was offered Paula's job after it was noticed Paula was so strung out...can you imagine?
:wink: :ohmy: :wink: :ohmy: :wink: :ohmy:
It would be one artist with no singing voice and amazing voice over production work replacing another.

'Idol' Fans Say Daughtry Copied Song
Friday March 24 yahoo.com

"American Idol" chat rooms were buzzing Friday over a controversy surrounding Chris Daughtry's version of "I Walk the Line."

Judges praised Daughtry for making the song his own when he performed the Johnny Cash tune on the Fox network show.

But some fans say the version wasn't Daughtry's, but ripped off from one done by the band Live in 2001.

One fan posted a message saying, "I just want to punch him in his bald head." Another reads: "This guy is a rip-off. Judges are plain dumb." And a third message says, "Live singer Ed Kowalczyk called and said that he would like his vocal style" back.

the plot thickens
3.gif

Chris copied? :ohmy: That could lose him some votes & fans...

Chris also took the RHCP version of "Higher Ground," and mentioned it. What ticks me off is the judges praising him to high heaven for "making a song his own," when he's NOT.

Judges, get a freaking clue.

I've meant to post this before, but forgot. What's up with them playing out the 'loser' with ... You Had A Bad Day.... la-di-da... :shifty:

Bucky – Likable guy but like a few of the others here…just getting some free meals and buying time at the moment. The song Good Ol’ Boys by Waylon Jennings plays in my head when I see him.

Chris – Still think this guy has to be one of the favorites. Ok…he’s stealing someone else’s version of a song…who cares? Welcome to Hollywood. Every poet is a thief. Somebody said that in the early 90s. At least he has the balls to not sing the most recognizable version. I think it would be a good thing if picked up a drum set and smashed it to the ground.

Elliot – Throw in Idi Amin and you still couldn’t market this guy. Great voice though.

Katharine – She does have a Catherine Zeta-Jones thing going on. Love to look at her. But if you just play her audio…her voice is ok but not fantastic. And if she was to record an album…what kind of music it would be? Theatre tunes? She’s not a pop star. Her mom is a sweetheart…best cheerleader mom of the bunch. By the way, for those of you not in Los Angeles…Katharine is from Sherman Oaks…a good five mile drive from Fox where they are shooting the shows.

Kellie –Kellie’s transition hasn’t been a pleasant one. They’re making her look like the puppet version of Renee Zellweger in Chicago. Way, way too much make-up. And she’s lost whatever innocence she had and she’ll never get it back. She’ll try real hard though but she can’t act worth a stitch.

Kevin – Thank god we’ll never see him or his man child toupee again.

Lisa – There is a great one hour behind the scenes wrap-up show on DirecTV that interviews the judges and the latest booted contestant. Simon thinks that Lisa could be next one to go…stating that she has shown zero personality. Totally agree.

Mandisa - Sorry folks…please listen to her voice through a nice stereo. I’ve watched and listened to her songs repeatedly with the Tivo and the five speaker stereo. There is nothing special here. Sorry.

Paris – She works on me like a cheese grater. She was Kevin’s best friend. Need I say more?

Taylor – Needs to take it down a few notches. Preferred him when he was a little rougher around the edges but I gotta like a guy who has more gray hair than I do. I’d still like to see him win. Wasn’t he ripping off Springsteen when he played with the sax guy?

Ace - More programmed than Tom Cruise. The soft spoken….”perfect”…”all is great with life”…”I love to sit in a field and smell flowers” routine has become old.

Westport said:
Chris – Still think this guy has to be one of the favorites. Ok…he’s stealing someone else’s version of a song…who cares? Welcome to Hollywood. Every poet is a thief. Somebody said that in the early 90s. At least he has the balls to not sing the most recognizable version. I think it would be a good thing if picked up a drum set and smashed it to the ground...

Chris seems to be the most marketable of the group. I'd like to see him be more animated & show more facial expression.

[/i]Ace - More programmed than Tom Cruise. The soft spoken….”perfect”…”all is great with life”…”I love to sit in a field and smell flowers” routine has become old. [/QUOTE]

:lol: I despise that programmed, pretty boy feature! Boy-band music :yuck: :down:. He needs to wake up and smell it before he gets kicked out.

trojanchick99 said:

What are the chances they can clear some U2. Would love to hear Chris sing some "Beautiful Day" or "Vertigo" :drool:

I don't think U2's music is licensed to be on the show. It would have made an appearance by now. I'm sure it's been used in the initial audition process, but they haven't been allowed to air it.

Hope there's a better selection available for them to choose from tonight!

PlaTheGreat said:

I don't think U2's music is licensed to be on the show. It would have made an appearance by now. I'm sure it's been used in the initial audition process, but they haven't been allowed to air it.

Waaaay back after the 1st season or so they did World Idol and one dude sang Beautiful Day. I want to say he won too. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom