American Idol 5 Pt. II - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2006, 07:07 PM   #466
Refugee

Local Time: 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
As much as I knew Ace should and probably would go, I was ever so hopeful that Chris would get the boot when I saw him in the bottom 2.

I couldnt agree more. I've never liked Chris at all. Sure, he's a decent singer - but I just dont like him for some reason. I liked Ace - sorry. I though he did pretty well this week.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:18 PM   #467
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:18 AM
You can't help but like Ace. He does have a lot of potential. I think he will wind up in the public eye after the AI tour ends.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #468
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:18 PM
people.com

A day after being eliminated from American Idol, Ace Young laughed off Internet rumors that the show's producers found him difficult to work with.

"Last night at my farewell dinner, (the producers) told me that I'm the easiest person to deal with in American Idol history," Young told reporters on Thursday. "They love the fact that I was in by curfew and I did everything that they needed as far as the rules. I think it's just something (for tabloids) to talk about."

Young, who'd been in the bottom three four times during the competition, said he was surprised to be cut – but added, "I was more surprised that Chris (Daughtry) was in the bottom three. It was a wakeup call for Chris's fans that their votes definitely count."

In fact, Young and Daughtry have been called the Matt Damon and Ben Affleck of this season's Idol, and Young had only kind words for his former competitor. "I'd step in front of a moving train for that guy," he told PEOPLE. "He's a very good man. He is what you want in a marriage as far as a very direct and loyal guy. (Daughtry's wife) Deanna is very lucky to have him."

As for his Tuesday-night performance, during which he traded his usual jeans and flowing hair for a suit and slicked back 'do, Young said he wanted to "get into the mood" for his rendition of the classic song, "That's All."

"That's the first suit I ever bought in my life – it was $2,000," he said. "I got dressed up for America and they got to see a new look." Still, he added, "My hair is still there."

Young is looking forward to touring with the other top 10 Idol finalists later this year. "I have millions of fans and I can't wait to see each and every one of them and give them big hugs, because it's well deserved for all the support they've given me."

And even though he won't be named America's next idol, Young says it won't be the last we hear from him: "I'm a musician. I've been writing since I've been 9 years old. I think that America is going to be very surprised with what I come up with."
Old 04-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #469
ONE
love, blood, life

Maybe Ace can link up w/ Nick Lachey and they can be the caucasion Milli Vanilli.......
Old 04-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #470
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:18 PM
Old 04-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #471
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Can't wait to find out what the song choices are. Heard "Ma Cherie" - Stevie Wonder in the store today & cringed over the thought of cheezy love songs!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #472
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

^Isn't that one of the ones that gets done almost every year, along with I'm Every Woman, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Circle of Life, etc etc?
Old 04-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #473
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:18 AM
I think only Jennifer Hudson has done "Circle of Life."

I'm so ashamed that I know that.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:40 PM   #474
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:18 AM
Old 04-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #475
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I think only Jennifer Hudson has done "Circle of Life."

I'm so ashamed that I know that.

BE PROUD!!!! All that means is that you are a loyal watcher...ummm yeah I thought it was her also...
Old 04-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #476
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:18 PM
Tonight is the night. I read a rumour that Chris may be doing Chris Issacks' song "Wicked Games"
Old 04-25-2006, 01:50 PM   #477
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
I read a rumour that Chris may be doing Chris Issacks' song "Wicked Games"
Oh my, I hope so
Old 04-25-2006, 01:52 PM   #478
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:18 AM
Ryan & Paul Feud Heats Up

Although American Idol host Ryan Seacrest often trades barbs with judge Simon Cowell, now the tension between him and another judge, Paula Abdul, has reached a boiling point.

"It's awkward. I don't know what the deal is. It's very awkward," Seacrest, 31, told PEOPLE on Friday, referring to his relationship with Abdul.

Asked if he was speaking to Abdul, Seacrest answered: "No."

Seacrest, who was in Las Vegas at a groundbreaking event for the new luxury Panorama Towers, said he hasn't yet confronted his fellow Idol cast mate. "You know, I walked past her dressing room the other day and there was a group of people gathered in front of the door, so I can't even talk to her. Simon and I go back and forth with each other, but it's in a different way."

A source close to Seacrest says the Idol host was joking about the feud. But another inside source tells PEOPLE that Seacrest and Abdul’s relationship has been “icy” since they each appeared separately on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno recently.

In Seacrest's March 30 appearance, Leno said that Abdul had seemed "a little loopy" on a recent episode of Idol to which Seacrest replied, "Well, have you listened to her album?" When Leno playfully asked whether Abdul had been drinking, Seacrest answered, "Hey look, I don't look in their cups to see what's sitting before them on that table. But at times I feel like we have reeled her in."

Abdul, 43, had a chance to shoot back when she appeared on the show on April 10. Leno brought out an issue of Rolling Stone magazine that featured the three Idol judges prominently on the cover (and Seacrest in a small photo) and asked whether Seacrest was mad about being excluded. "I heard plenty mad," replied Abdul.

Next, Leno asked whether Seacrest was dating Teri Hatcher since the pair had been photographed kissing. "He only kisses the mirror," said Abdul. "And honestly, do you think Teri Hatcher is that desperate of a housewife?"

In the weeks after Abdul's Leno appearance, Seacrest frequently approached the judges' table during Idol commercial breaks, but usually spoke only to Cowell and Randy Jackson.

Abdul could not be reached for comment.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #479
ONE
love, blood, life

i love the AI drama !!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #480
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
Tonight is the night. I read a rumour that Chris may be doing Chris Issacks' song "Wicked Games"
OMG