American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, that's one spoiler I can be really, really, REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY happy to know ahead of time.

:does dance of joy:

I'll watch the show anyway, just so I can point at my TV and laugh. I wonder if his girlfriend will take him back now that he doesn't have to worry about being single for all his fans?

Paris is the best singer in the competition, easily.

She should win it.

She should win it, but seeing as she doesn't appeal to the common denomenator(people would rather hear Mandisa sing a lightweight 70s pop song than hear Paris sing the old-time stuff that best suits her), she probably won't.

Paris singing "Fever" was as believable as Kevin being a sex God-give me a break. She may sing well but she is no idol. If she would win it (snowballs chance in hell) she will slink to the land of occasion Grammy/Clive Davis reuinons aka Fantasia.

Ace reminds me of the guys my friend Amy and I would look at say "shhhh just don't talk" Yeah he's hot but his falsettos are getting as old as Stacy Keilbler's legs on that star dancing show.

I don't necessarily want to hear Mandisa sing a lightweight 70s pop song, but I do prefer her voice to Paris'. Paris is huuuuugely talented, though. No doubt. She just kind of bugs me a tad.

Katharine and Mandisa are my favorites at this point.

edit: Aww, I don't really hate Kevin. Poor guy looked really disappointed to be leaving. But you have to have at least one person on Idol each year you love to hate.

And next on my hate list? Kellie and Bucky. :wink:

(And oooh, Katharine looked so pretty!)

Last edited:
Just watched the show. Bobby swaying to the music in the audience and then coming up on stage to praise his idol... :barf: :barf:

It was Kevin's turn to go.. :wave:

next week...songs of the 21st Century.... :hmm:

I liked Paris in the audition, then once the competition started I didn't. I don't know exactly why, maybe it was too much over the top singing and persona.

Poor Kevin - he really looked shocked too

It was a no-brainer. Next to go - Bucky & Lisa. Anybody know the theme for next week? Needs to be something no so lite.

I think Mandisa is my favourite at this point. :yes:

Katherine is gorgeous and a great singer, but she seems kind of giddy and you can tell she knows full well how appealing she is, and that kind of bugs me. Same with Paris, she's very talented, but just a bit too cutesy/aware of her cutesyness.

Chris--I want him to win! I wonder what he looks like with hair. My daughter called right when Kevin got the news to ask me if I was watching American Idol--so I missed the look on his face when they told him he was gone. Didn't she have anything better to do at the beach. :eyebrow:

AI: And then there were ten….

Loved the Ford Pimpmercial. So glad everyone can get into the spirit and have fun with it. And Kevin’s “Love Machine” shirt? Hee and ew.

We begin with Barry Manilow. How much plastic surgery has that man had? He’s more embalmed than King Tut. Plus he is as gay as a brunch at Richard Chamberlain’s house. But hey, I love me some Barry Manilow. I loved how great he was with the contestants. He’s alright with me. And was that Bobby Bennett swaying in the audience? So cute how he got to hug Barry at the end of the show.

Now we get to the eliminations. I was so unbelievably nervous, especially after Dial Idol’s prediction that Elliott was getting the lowest amount of votes. And seeing Taylor at the end of the front row also made me a bit nervous for some reason. I nearly vomited up my left-over sesame chicken. Thank goodness, they were safe.

Speaking of vomiting, Kellie Pickler. Whether her stupidity is real or fake, I am so sick of this bimbo. Did she actually say, "What's a ballsy?" I don’t have Tivo to re-check what she said and even if I did, I don’t want to lose anymore brain cells. I loved Ryan’s snark on her that they don’t have enough time. I’m really starting to like Ryan. I want us to go to Sephora together to buy moisturizer or something.

The bottom three are Bucky, Lisa, and Kevin as I expected.

And Chicken Little gets filleted. I thought he handled his elimination with a lot of maturity, which is more than I can say for most former contestants (Brenna, I’m looking in your direction). I thought Paris was going to completely lose it. She’s losing her BFF. Now they won’t be able to pass notes to each other during algebra class. Oops, showing my age there. They won’t be able to text message each other during algebra class.

This thread makes me chuckle. You guys are very witty ;)

Well thank goodness, Kevin is off. Next week is music from the 21st century. I wonder what they'll pick.

I imagine Bucky will be next to go, but I'd rather see Ace go. I just don't care much for him :shrug:

not yet Grrl. Probably still too many contestants at this point...

bond.gif

Last edited:
Sly Stallone said:
If only the public would stop watching shit like American Idol, and start going to the gym instead.

what if you watch American Idol at the gym, or while preparing a nutritious, low-carb meal?

Oh my God

defamer.com

Paula Abdul has set the record straight on her non-stop freak parade of emotionally erratic behavior and incoherent stream of consciousnes ramblings: It was not, as it turns out, the byproduct of her penchant for crushed Klonopin-rimmed margaritas, but in fact just Simon Cowell being a mischievous little gremlin. Now that that's all settled, let's all just sit back, relax, and breathe in the crazy:

Do Paula Abdul's private parts influence her tastes as a judge? Here's what the “American Idol” panelist said when Rolling Stone asked her if she's ever tempted to rip into contestants: “It's not my role. Why should I, when the guys to the right and left of me [Simon Cowell] will crush them? And that's on top of the fact that I have a vagina. Though I do check between my legs to see if something else is sprouting down there.”

Sure, you could reread it, and try to pinpoint the seemingly inexistant logic bridge that took Abdul from the subject of judging American Idol to rhapsodizing about her ladyflower; you won't find one, however, no matter how hard you look. We can only hope the same can be said for Paula's hand mirror-assisted self-exam rituals.

what qualifies her to be a singing judge? her voice was doctored-up to all hell and electronically processed to such a degree that it makes Britney Spears sound like Aretha Franklin.

anyway, no one really listens to her (unless she does that shrug, which means, "no, really you sucked, even i can't excuse that performance") or to Randy who seems to have only 3 or 4 different sentences ("you were great, dog" or "i didn't work for me").

we all need to accept the fact that Simon is actually always dead-on accurate and is, by far, the smartest person involved in that show, either on the show, producing the show, or at home watching the show.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Irvine511
what if you watch American Idol at the gym, or while preparing a nutritious, low-carb meal?

:giggle:

I watch it after my 4 mile power walk.

Originally posted by Irvine511
we all need to accept the fact that Simon is actually always dead-on accurate and is, by far, the smartest person involved in that show, either on the show, producing the show, or at home watching the show.

Yep. :up:

Although Paula's stupidity keeps it fun. I do an imitation of Paula that is so good it frightens me. It rivals my Nancy Grace impression.

Numb1075 said:

and my favorite:

WE GOT A HOT ONE TONIGHT, YEAH

:lmao: I was waiting to hear it on Tuesday night, but he didn't say it. Maybe him being under the weather affected him...

and no Chris smilies yet Mrs.S.

this is what comes up for bald:
bald.GIF
or beard
beard.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom