American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Kat sucked. Since she sang a whitney houston song the judges told her she better be as good as whitney to sing it and they told her she wasn't.

Paris sang The Way We Were with a huge grin on her face. :huh:

Ok, so Kat shouldn't tackle songs bigger than her (ie something Whitney or Mariah sang). I'm guessing she was probably just alright. I hope she stays. Paris sang 'The Way We Were'? She wasn't even born when the movie came out! Wonder if she's ever seen it. Does she know who Hubbell is? DOES SHE? I think not. Oh, sorry, just had to get that out there.

Let the anti-Kellie voting begin (in 14 minutes EST that is). And Paris can go too.

What's Taylor singing, huh huh huh :hyper: And Chris... :hyper:

I was reading some posts on the AI boards, and they are predicting, from tonite, that the bottom 3 would be Kellie, Paris and Taylor. Apparently strange song choice for him, considering all the songs out there. I won't post any spoilers, but I love the song Elliott is doing, and can't wait to hear it :drool:

The next 3 to go should be all 3 girls. Katharine's the most talented of the 3, but she has absolutely NO personality. She always looks so awkward up there.

Of the guys, Elliot's the most talented, but again, he has not much personality. And Chris is getting boring. I guess that leaves Taylor. I like him, but i don't love him. This season is the boringest so far, i think.

Alright now, my 2 cents worth...

For the men:

Chris and Elliot - Tied for first. I just can't vote for one more than the other.

Taylor - he's killing me! Talk about a rollercoaster ride. First it's too soft and weak like the judges said, but there were a couple of endings where the true Taylor belted it out. Too bad he seemed "up tight" this evening. I still like him and I hope he sticks around.

For the women:

Kat - I thought she did an awesome job! Screw Whitney Houston...what has she done lately? Go to jail and do drugs! I'll bet she couldn't sing her way out of a paper bag right now! Anyway, since I didn't know that particular song, I thought she sang it rather well. It was very well rounded and balanced.

Paris - Again, I'm giving her a B rating. She's just trying too hard. She needs to learn to relax and quit belting it out all of the time. She obviously didn't understand the word "soft."

Kellie - Dead last! THAT WAS AWFUL! GOOD BYE! :madwife:

Here is Dialidol's prediction for the East Coast, it is pretty much a reflection of what the show was, with the exception of Paris being at the bottom:

DialIdol
Rank Idol DialIdol Score Margin Of Error Actual Rank
1-2
Taylor Hicks 05 49.832 1.875 -
1-3
Chris Daughtry 06 48.958 1.891 -
2-4 (B3)
Elliott Yamin 02 45.547 1.953 -
3-4 (B3)
Katharine McPhee 01 41.968 2.016 -
5-6 (B3)
Kellie Pickler 03 37.158 2.098 -
5-6 (B3)
Paris Bennett 04 33.347 2.161 -

I think that Elliot and Chris hit the ball out of the ballpark. I was VERY impressed by Elliots vocals and I think that he is slowly grabbing more and more fans... Chris picked a great song for him, as I am sure that he will get lots of women to vote for him after the Bryan Adams' song. Taylor was ok, and, in my opinion, he is gradually losing votes to Elliot.

The girls were awful. Paris needed a huge performance to stay... but she was just average, so she will go. Kat was also ok, but I agree with Simon that she was aiming too high. Kellie sucked, but her fan base will save her.

Elliott was the only one who I liked tonight. Chris was good, but I loathe that song so much, it earned negative points with me.

Kat, Kat, Kat ... what were you thinking picking Whitney Houston? It's the kiss of death on Idol! Have you never seen the show before? Everytime someone sings Whitney (or Mariah), the judges say the same thing ... and usually they were right. I don't think she was bad by any stretch, but I'm a little afraid for her right now.

I loved Simon laughing when Paula was being all crazy-crying over Elliott.

One can only hope Pickler is out tonight, but surely we couldn't be that lucky.

And all right. Uncle. I'm going to throw some votes toward Kat and Elliott.

Kellie makes me never want to hear Unchained Melody ever again.

:scream:

Was it me, or was the audio on tonight's show awful? I could barely hear the singing! It was overshadowed by the music.
My local friends say the same thing, but I'm wondering if it was just our local FOX affiliate.

PlaTheGreat said:
Kellie makes me never want to hear Unchained Melody ever again.

:scream:

Was it me, or was the audio on tonight's show awful? I could barely hear the singing! It was overshadowed by the music.
My local friends say the same thing, but I'm wondering if it was just our local FOX affiliate.

Nope it's not just you. I think it's whoever is doing the soundboard for the show. I watch it here in Texas, so it's the show. And it hasn't just happened on this show, many shows in the past the singers have been drowned out by the music. It was real obvious with Taylor tonight and it kind of pisses me off. If you noticed tonight, the idiots didn't even turn off Ryan's microphone while they were going through the wrap-up of all the singers. They are total idiots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom