American Idol 5 Pt. II - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2006, 10:54 AM   #256
Refugee

Local Time: 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
interesting how "freedom from your lifestyle" Mandissa isn't around to sing Freddy Mercury songs ... i suppose God does have a plan after all.
Well, Mandisa could have sung "Fat-Bottomed Girls." :ucks::

I think both Chris and Taylor can do very well with Queen songs. I hope Original Recipe Taylor is back next Tuesday and completely rocks the house.

And I think Kat could do well, too. I've always suspected a theater geek vibe in her and Queen is very theatrical.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #257
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
Looks Like Paula was assulted. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060406/..._nm/abdul_dc_1
Just another excuse to pop pills and act goofy.

Seems like she's always getting into trouble....she got into a fender bender on a highway last year (and I think fled the scene or didn't realized it happened).

I love train wrecks.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:37 PM   #258
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Numb1075

Just another excuse to pop pills and act goofy.

Seems like she's always getting into trouble....she got into a fender bender on a highway last year (and I think fled the scene or didn't realized it happened).

I love train wrecks.

Yup. She just got herself a new supply of pain pills.

I've already read two different versions of this story, one said she was pushed against a wall and the other said she was knocked to the ground. Spinal injuries and a concusion!! What a hoot!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #259
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

I've already read two different versions of this story, one said she was pushed against a wall and the other said she was knocked to the ground. Spinal injuries and a concusion!! What a hoot!
I know. She says it caused a concussion on Sunday, but was on the show Tuesday acting like everything's fine .

My sister once had a mild concussion and she felt awful for about a week (headaches and nausea).
Old 04-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #260
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

there are some episodes when i watch Paula and i just feel jealous, because i want whatever she's on.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:27 PM
Some not so good news about Mandissa!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/07/D8GRG3601.html
Old 04-08-2006, 01:02 AM   #262
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 04-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #263
Refugee

Couldn't resist.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #264
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

For those of you who watched when Mandissa was voted off, was there a scene edited like this on TV http://thatvideosite.com/view/2058.html . Apparantly something was said.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #265
ONE
love, blood, life

I didn't hear anything other than "Kelly, you are safe"
Old 04-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #266
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Some not so good news about Mandissa!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/07/D8GRG3601.html

oh well -- looks like the Christianists will turn her into a martyr for "speaking her heart" or whatever such nonsense they want to use.

it's a popularity contest, ultimately. if anti-gay sentiments aren't popular, then you aren't going to stick around very long.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/h...gton_feat.html

Bucky Covington, one of the eight remaining finalists on "American Idol," was once arrested for his involvement in a bizarre incident in which he pretended to be his twin-brother to help the sibling avoid criminal prosecution. The case ended in a trial that was so strange the prosecuting attorney said he "hadn't seen anything like it in 10 years of practicing law.

What should have been an inconsequential matter became complicated, because Rocky's license had been under suspension for the previous 16 months, for speeding, drinking while driving and driving with a revoked license, according to state motor vehicle records. Since North Carolina law enforcement is required to investigate accidents that cause more than $500 in damage, authorities would soon arrive on the scene.

Fearful that his son could face a jail sentence for being caught a second time driving with a suspended license, Gene Covington concocted a ruse on the spot that he hoped would spare Rocky further trouble.

His plan was to find Bucky (William is his real name), bring him back to the accident scene, and tell the authorities that Bucky (whose license was in good standing, despite prior convictions for speeding and reckless driving) had been the person driving the truck, replacing one twin with the other.

"Gene told me to tell the police that Bucky was driving and had been the one who was rear-ended," Roller explained in a recent interview. "I was 16 at the time and scared to death." He was also concerned about who would pay for damage to the two trucks.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #268
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/h...gton_feat.html

Bucky Covington, one of the eight remaining finalists on "American Idol," was once arrested for his involvement in a bizarre incident in which he pretended to be his twin-brother to help the sibling avoid criminal prosecution. The case ended in a trial that was so strange the prosecuting attorney said he "hadn't seen anything like it in 10 years of practicing law.

What should have been an inconsequential matter became complicated, because Rocky's license had been under suspension for the previous 16 months, for speeding, drinking while driving and driving with a revoked license, according to state motor vehicle records. Since North Carolina law enforcement is required to investigate accidents that cause more than $500 in damage, authorities would soon arrive on the scene.

Fearful that his son could face a jail sentence for being caught a second time driving with a suspended license, Gene Covington concocted a ruse on the spot that he hoped would spare Rocky further trouble.

His plan was to find Bucky (William is his real name), bring him back to the accident scene, and tell the authorities that Bucky (whose license was in good standing, despite prior convictions for speeding and reckless driving) had been the person driving the truck, replacing one twin with the other.

"Gene told me to tell the police that Bucky was driving and had been the one who was rear-ended," Roller explained in a recent interview. "I was 16 at the time and scared to death." He was also concerned about who would pay for damage to the two trucks.
Hahaha... Classic!
Old 04-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #269
Acrobat

Quote:
For those of you who watched when Mandissa was voted off, was there a scene edited like this on TV http://thatvideosite.com/view/2058.html . Apparantly something was said.
I frequent an AI board and apparently there were some girls in the audience who started shouting racial slurs at Mandisa the moment she was eliminated. I've watched the clip a million time nows, and you can actually hear some girl screaming, "Go home, n*****!" I think that's why everyone looked so shocked, and why it was edited so strangely.

It makes me sick.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #270
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

That is so messed up!!! If I found that person grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!