American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone tell Ace to make sure he picks up a personality on his way out.

Ace had a beanie hat and over-conditioned hair in lieu of a personality.

Just like Ruben had oversized shirts with the Atlanta-representing numbers on them in lieu of a personality.

g0d blessed Ace w/ looks, but short changed him in personality.

Perhaps, since he is a good looking man, he's gotten by in life on just his looks and never had to hone his verbal skills.

Ah finally. I was hoping for either Kellie or Ace to go. Next week should be interesting. Will Chris revert to his rocker ways or will he continue to be calm and soft?

Time vill tell.

So who do you think will tackle "I Will Always Love You" next week? It's really likely to happen. Paris might be able to pull it off.. but it always seems like Kellie takes those big songs. She really is getting on my nerves. I'm sure she's a really nice girl, but she is overplaying the act-dumb thing.

In other Idol news, last season's drop-out, MARIO VAZQUEZ, will release his debut this summer. The first single, "Gallery," written and co-produced by hip-hopper NE-YO, hits radio this week and digital retailers on May 2nd.

It’s funny. Tuesday night was standards and I was so inspired that I found an on-line station that plays standards and listened to it all day at work. WOW! There is a reason why this stuff still resonates today, great music and lyrics. Then you turn on your local station and hear “My Humps.” I can’t even like a song like that ironically. Vomit!

Once again, the show messes with the contestants minds and has them go into separate groups, but leaves Taylor (who is safe, squee) to choose which group he thinks is in the bottom three (after what seemed like a million commercials). A nice guy, but not a dummy, Taylor knows considering Ace has been in the bottom three for the past 54 weeks (or maybe it just seems that way), his group must be the bottom three. Furthermore, even though Kellie stunk up the joint, she has a huge following that votes themselves silly. It must pain Taylor to see no-talent, no-brain Kellie get through week from week. Anyone notice the half-hearted hug Taylor gave Kellie? Tee hee.

And yes, Taylor seemed rather peeved that he was the one to choose the safe group. Can't say I blame him. No matter what he does, he's going to be played by TPTB.

So Ace leaves us. Granted he wasn’t my favorite, but I’ll miss the pretty. And he seemed like a decent, nice guy.

Remember last year, when Bo was asked to pick which group he thought was the bottom 3? He stood in between the two groups and refused to choose. :love:

RavenBlue said:
Bo :up:
I think it's really cruel when they make the contestants pick. If I were Taylor I would've like said Fark you.. or something. :giggle:

What was Taylor supposed to do? If he played Switzerland and stood between the contestants, he would get accused of copying Bo. If he said, "Fark you" and sat on the couch, he would have been accused of being a rude jerk. If he sat with the judges, he'd get accused of being a cheeky bastard. So he was put between a rock and a hard place (insert Simon and Ryan joke here) and acted as diplomatically as possible. And I did notice that he did say sorry to those in the botton three.

Someone at the Ryan Adams board (no, not me!) started a Taylor Hicks thread, which spawned more Idol discussion. For your amusement...

~~~

Taylor Hicks Is so good! I really hope he wins. I would buy his record. He's got a great soulful voice.

~~~

Taylor is my co-pilot.

~~~

Is that a NASCAR guy?

~~~

Yes. He races for Jesus.

~~~

Well he's alright with me and the Doobie Brothers then.

~~~

haha he does sound like Michael McDonald a bit, but so much better.

~~~

I don't want him to win though. He can come in second, but not number one.

~~~

why not?

~~~

First he'll have to release a sugary single. Then he'll have to rush release an album. I'd like for him to take his time and do his thing.

~~~

Yeah, good pointe. I think he had the most votes last nite

~~~

This one website DialIdol or something tracks each contestant's phone line. Taylor's is always the busiest. The site is a good predictor of who will be in the bottom three.

~~~

They had someone impersonating him on SNL last week. He said Soul Patrol a lot.

~~~

nice..I think he has the "indie" demographic down

~~~

I immitate Taylor all the time. It usually involves me squealing about Soul Patrol.

~~~

Last night's results from Dial Idol:

1-3 Taylor Hicks 30.774 1.574 -
1-3 Elliott Yamin 30.29 1.579 -
1-3 Katharine McPhee 27.763 1.608 -
4-6 Kellie Pickler 27.188 1.614 -
4-6 Chris Daughtry 25.409 1.634 -
4-6 Paris Bennett 24.376 1.645 -
7 Ace Young 20.5 1.687 -

~~~

My brother likes him. I'd be more of an Ace fan but every time I see him his singing is a little off. I want Paris to win.

~~~

wow..thats pretty surprising actually.

~~~

You just like Ace because he's so dreamy. Don't lie.

~~~

The ending of Taylor's song last nite was just so emotional- I got goosebumps.

~~~

They predicted it like whoa.

~~~

Ace is an attractive man and that is the only reason I like him. I'm not ashamed, I just wish he could sing.

~~~

yeah Ace seems like a nice guy. I do feel bad for him.

~~~

Chris is the one I like least. Anyone who likes Creed is surely a douchebag.

~~~

Words to live by.

~~~

yea chris i dont like very much- My girlfriend always insists that he has a good voice- but i can't get over the creed thing either. Creed is hell on earth.

~~~

It just seems to me like he is always yelling. I don't even want to discuss those S shaped sideburns. Prick.

~~~

hahahah..yeah I dunno. I do not think he will win. Even America as a nation, realizes Creed is the decline of civilization. Creed and GWB

~~~

I just realized which one Chris was. I hate that guy. The blonde chick is hot.

~~~

I think even Dubya hates Creed.

I also hate Kellie Pickler. She is all kinds of retarded.

~~~

She is dumb as a box of rocks. Ace in the suit is hotter. I want Paris to win, Taylor to finish second, the blonde chick to pose in Playboy and Ace to meet me for drinks around 9. Just have someone else do his hair.

~~~

He was certaintly rocking that Crisco ponytail last night. It gave me bad dreams.

~~~

OK, OK, who the fuck is Taylor Hicks? I see him all over here...

~~~

*faints*

~~~

I was watching when it was his turn to sing and I looked him up and down and was really digging it until I looked at his hair. It wasn't that it was slicked back as much as it was still kind of parted in the middle. It just looked wierd.

~~~

(slowly exits)

~~~

Taylor Hicks is our co pilot

~~~

He is the father of my baby. He also ate all the cheese.

~~~

Haha...OK...but who is he?

~~~

He's On Americqan Idol. 28 years old with a head of gray hair.

Ryan is my co-pilot

~~~

He's 29. I should know as I baked him a birthday cake.

~~~

Oh ok. This is the first year in 2 years I haven't had a girlfriend while American Idol is on, so I'm relishing my freedom...not being forced to drop everything on Tuesday and Wednesday nights and watch that crap...'tis bliss.

~~~

Taylor would make you change your mind. He's all kinds of awesome. He's worked with Keb Mo and Drive By Truckers.

~~~

I'd watch it even if I wasn't living with my girlfriend. It is exciting!

~~~

I just hate Paula Abdul...she's such a worthless judge. If I were a contestant, and it came to her review, I'd kinda tune out until Simon started talking. But anyway, I care not! Pretty brilliant premise for a show though.

~~~

I didn't know Taylor worked with Keb Mo and Drive By Truckers! That's pretty cool.

~~~

He did. He's got a couple songs up on a page somewhere. I should find it.

~~~

he also sang a ray lamontagne song in one of the episodes a few weeks back

~~~

More people saw Taylor sing that song than have heard Ray sing it, I'm betting.

~~~

I caught this asshole whilst my wife watched.

Sam Cooke would rip his balls off if he were still alive.

~~~

give me a break. what was the problem with him? It was a modestly soulful and passionate rendition of the song

~~~

according to www.zabasearch.com
Kellie had over 2 million more votes than the nearest person (Taylor) this week. Yikes

~~~

i would give an arm to see sam cook disemball someone. and then sing, "wonderful world" to the screams in the background.

according to www.zabasearch.com
Kellie had over 2 million more votes than the nearest person (Taylor) this week. Yikes

Maybe when Kellie wins the grand prize at the Kodak Theatre, they'll hand her a bouquet of flowers and then a huge bucket of pigs blood will pour down from the rafters and everyone will point their fingers and laugh and laugh and laugh....

carrie.jpg
:hmm:

maybe that will teach all you non-voters to vote next week - for anybody but Kellie

Bonochick said:
As much as I knew Ace should and probably would go, I was ever so hopeful that Chris would get the boot when I saw him in the bottom 2. :drool:

I couldnt agree more. I've never liked Chris at all. Sure, he's a decent singer - but I just dont like him for some reason. I liked Ace - sorry. I though he did pretty well this week.

You can't help but like Ace. He does have a lot of potential. I think he will wind up in the public eye after the AI tour ends.

people.com

A day after being eliminated from American Idol, Ace Young laughed off Internet rumors that the show's producers found him difficult to work with.

"Last night at my farewell dinner, (the producers) told me that I'm the easiest person to deal with in American Idol history," Young told reporters on Thursday. "They love the fact that I was in by curfew and I did everything that they needed as far as the rules. I think it's just something (for tabloids) to talk about."

Young, who'd been in the bottom three four times during the competition, said he was surprised to be cut – but added, "I was more surprised that Chris (Daughtry) was in the bottom three. It was a wakeup call for Chris's fans that their votes definitely count."

In fact, Young and Daughtry have been called the Matt Damon and Ben Affleck of this season's Idol, and Young had only kind words for his former competitor. "I'd step in front of a moving train for that guy," he told PEOPLE. "He's a very good man. He is what you want in a marriage as far as a very direct and loyal guy. (Daughtry's wife) Deanna is very lucky to have him."

As for his Tuesday-night performance, during which he traded his usual jeans and flowing hair for a suit and slicked back 'do, Young said he wanted to "get into the mood" for his rendition of the classic song, "That's All."

"That's the first suit I ever bought in my life – it was $2,000," he said. "I got dressed up for America and they got to see a new look." Still, he added, "My hair is still there."

Young is looking forward to touring with the other top 10 Idol finalists later this year. "I have millions of fans and I can't wait to see each and every one of them and give them big hugs, because it's well deserved for all the support they've given me."

And even though he won't be named America's next idol, Young says it won't be the last we hear from him: "I'm a musician. I've been writing since I've been 9 years old. I think that America is going to be very surprised with what I come up with."

Can't wait to find out what the song choices are. Heard "Ma Cherie" - Stevie Wonder in the store today & cringed over the thought of cheezy love songs! :faint:

corianderstem said:
I think only Jennifer Hudson has done "Circle of Life."

I'm so ashamed that I know that. :reject:

BE PROUD!!!! All that means is that you are a loyal watcher...ummm yeah I thought it was her also...:eek:

Ryan & Paul Feud Heats Up

Although American Idol host Ryan Seacrest often trades barbs with judge Simon Cowell, now the tension between him and another judge, Paula Abdul, has reached a boiling point.

"It's awkward. I don't know what the deal is. It's very awkward," Seacrest, 31, told PEOPLE on Friday, referring to his relationship with Abdul.

Asked if he was speaking to Abdul, Seacrest answered: "No."

Seacrest, who was in Las Vegas at a groundbreaking event for the new luxury Panorama Towers, said he hasn't yet confronted his fellow Idol cast mate. "You know, I walked past her dressing room the other day and there was a group of people gathered in front of the door, so I can't even talk to her. Simon and I go back and forth with each other, but it's in a different way."

A source close to Seacrest says the Idol host was joking about the feud. But another inside source tells PEOPLE that Seacrest and Abdul’s relationship has been “icy” since they each appeared separately on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno recently.

In Seacrest's March 30 appearance, Leno said that Abdul had seemed "a little loopy" on a recent episode of Idol to which Seacrest replied, "Well, have you listened to her album?" When Leno playfully asked whether Abdul had been drinking, Seacrest answered, "Hey look, I don't look in their cups to see what's sitting before them on that table. But at times I feel like we have reeled her in."

Abdul, 43, had a chance to shoot back when she appeared on the show on April 10. Leno brought out an issue of Rolling Stone magazine that featured the three Idol judges prominently on the cover (and Seacrest in a small photo) and asked whether Seacrest was mad about being excluded. "I heard plenty mad," replied Abdul.

Next, Leno asked whether Seacrest was dating Teri Hatcher since the pair had been photographed kissing. "He only kisses the mirror," said Abdul. "And honestly, do you think Teri Hatcher is that desperate of a housewife?"

In the weeks after Abdul's Leno appearance, Seacrest frequently approached the judges' table during Idol commercial breaks, but usually spoke only to Cowell and Randy Jackson.

Abdul could not be reached for comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom