American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is it a
trainrek.jpg
in the making? :hmm:

I rather enjoyed Chris's performance! Nice to see something lighter from him. Paris, for me, is getting old. Taylor was great! Elliott was great as well. Ace was okay, and Kelli sucked. Kat was very good. Loved that it was Rod Stewert as well. :D

Early Dialidol predictions show the following:

DialIdol
Rank Idol DialIdol Score Margin Of Error Actual Rank
1-3 Taylor Hicks 66.22 2.121 -
1-3 Elliott Yamin 62.96 2.221 -
1-3 Kellie Pickler 62.38 2.238 -
4-6 Katharine McPhee 58.64 2.347 -
4-6 Chris Daughtry 58.2 2.359 -
4-6 Paris Bennett 54.28 2.467 -
7 Ace Young 47.58 2.642 -

Sounds like a clear departure for Ace tomorrow night...

Oh my god, Rod Stewart's baby is the CUTEST BABY EVER.

:love: :heart: :love: :heart:

Dang! So far, Chris, Paris and Taylor have been awesome. Paris blew me away - she was FABULOUS.

Last edited:
Okay seriously what the hell was up with the outfits tonight? The only one who looked great was Katherine. Kelly looked like she couldn't breath. Ace should never slick back his hair ever. Chris looked like he was slinging whiskey to Doc Holiday. Taylor, well Taylor looked like Taylor. Eliot looked like a high school cool guy prom with the Tux jacket and jeans and PARIS!!! (good lord how can she ever be an American Idol with the worst fashion sense ever known to all Americans?) looked like Talbots gone seriously bad. Who dresses these people?!?!? They need to be taken out back and be made to shop in Sears and JC Penney for clothes for the rest of their lives...Jees!!

Okay thanks had to get that out---loved loved lLOVED Taylor. Also was really surprised by Chris and his performance just seals it for me that he will be the next AI.

On another note-I feel bad for Katherine. Any other year she would have been a front runner from the get go but with different talent like TAylor and Chris in it this year she is getting hosed. America (well I think) just doesn't want a fresh faced pop star. They need something/one different.

Oh by the way anyone else hear Simon tells Paula to "cool it" and "just relax" after Ace sang. While RAndy was talking you could hear this in the background:ohmy:

Dear Ace -

Yo, I know you're trying to look like me. Cut it out, yo, or I'll Papao-Zao your ass!

Word.

Love and gold-digging,

K-Fed

In other news, I still love Katharine.

But why, oh WHY did Paula Abdul have to bring up that horrid, annoying character in Mr. Holland's Opus who sang the song and tried to be all seductive and stuff? Vomit!

Is that Paula's only reference for this song? If so, I have to say - GOD, what a dumb-ass she is.

Well, being pregnant is not helping me watch this show. I fell asleep watching the national news at 5:30pm, and then I woke up two hours later from the phone ringing. Then I realized...holy crap! I missed the first half of the show! Oh well.

Instead of two cents, here's my 1 cent...

Kellie - Just OK. She was out of tune and sang nervous.

Ace - Quit singing like Michael Jackson already! Get out! :madwife:

Katharine - best performance...Simon I agree!

Now the things I missed, but from the short clips that I caught...

Chris - Not sure. Seemed nervous. Sounded like he country-fied it.

Taylor - interesting. Sounded Doobie-fied. I just can't believe how much he sounds like Michael McDonald! But that's a good thing for me :flirt:

Paris - not sure. It seemed as though she was trying too hard and pretended to not be herself. She would have been perfect in some show tune off Broadway, instead of just singing the song from her gut.

Elliot - not bad. Seemed less nervous. Can't make a total judgement on it though.

Chris - What A Wonderful World :up:

Paris - ok

Taylor - You Send Me - started off a little slow/dull, but then he kicked it up a notch at the end and brought it home :up:

Elliott - :up:

Kellie - Bad song choice, boring and out of tune

Ace - What was up with the hair dawg? It distracted me the whole time. :der:

Katharine - :up:

if voting were based solely on tonight's performances, which we know it is not, I'd say Ace or Kellie should be packing it up. Her naivete makes me :mad: Especially with that comment from Rod where he was trying to make a joke about the words or the lyrics :tsk: America - stop voting for her because she's cute
grumpytsk.gif

Here are the final DialIdol scores... we could definetly have a surprise in the bottom three it seems, could be Kellie or Chris based on the scores, but, again, seems like a clear way out for Mr. Ace Young...

DialIdol
Rank Idol DialIdol Score Margin Of Error Actual Rank
1-3 Taylor Hicks 30.774 1.574 -
1-3 Elliott Yamin 30.29 1.579 -
1-3 Katharine McPhee 27.763 1.608 -
4-6 Kellie Pickler 27.188 1.614 -
4-6 Chris Daughtry 25.409 1.634 -
4-6 Paris Bennett 24.376 1.645 -
7 Ace Young 20.5 1.687 -

I think Ace will be gone tonight. Rod Stewart--I want my hair colored like that & I think he's had a little botox too. Chris still my favorite--I want a guy to win---Come on Taylor too!

I thought Kellie and Ace were horrible. Chris was awesome, be still my beating heart over that one :wink: and Katharine-well she's beautiful and she knows how to play to the camera, that's for sure. Nothing wrong with that, and she can sing too.

I wanted to vote for Chris, I still haven't voted at all.

And yes Rod Stewart's baby is precious :cute:

Something happened to the sound on my TV during Taylor's performance & could only watch him dance!! :lmao: I wanted to hear him so bad, but he was just as entertaining with no sound!!!

Kellie is not bringing any great singing talent to the show. Maybe Paula was right, in that she needs to pursue acting (ANYTHING else, PLEASE!). She really is trapped in that naive-like personna now & it is sooooo irritating!!! She needs to go next.

Chris and Katherine still have the strongest voices. I'm with Chris all the way, but he needs to liven it up.

Paula's still on something & was trying to cover it up by distracting people with her boobs. Did you see that top? :ohmy:

The theme was sweet, but kind of boring (again!).

MrsSpringsteen said:
[B
I wanted to vote for Chris, I still haven't voted at all.

[/B]

Why not? If you take the effort to watch the show you gotta vote!!! That way when the fourth place person gets voted off (and every year it is someone that shouldn't...think Latoya London and Tamyra...you can rant and rave with the rest of us!!):wink:

at the risk of sounding like a total sap, i thougth Katherine was astonishing last night. perfect. the voice, the look, the glances, the phrasing, the song choice ... if i were her father, i would have been in tears too.

(but i still want Chris ... and not just to win ... :sexywink: )

Katherine was perfect. I really don't care about perfection though. I want a winner that rocks!! :yes:

(^Paula Deen is one of my idols too! :wink: )

The Magnificent Seven (or Gagnificent Seven) Sing Standards

I was really looking forward to this night. I love standards and I really wondered if the contestants could deliver (or would I end up enjoy the evening on a trainwreck level).

First Rod introduces himself and his fiancee and their new baby to all of the contestants. Rod’s next wife after Penny is currently finishing up third grade.

1) Chris (What a Wonderful World)-I didn’t know Creed did a version of this song. Snerk. Okay, I actually enjoyed Chris’ version. He really sounds good when he isn’t shouting. However, he needs to stop with the intense eye stare. Of course, he gets a tongue bath from the judges. It’s so obvious he’s the “Chosen One.” But did you get a load of his ascot? I didn't know Hot Topic carried ascots.

2) Paris (These Foolish Things)-Last week Janet Jackson, this week Condoleeza Rice. Paris finally showed a maturity beyond her years. I really think she delivered. This is the Paris I took note of when I saw her audition. Paris may be young but I do not want her fabulous vocals to be wasted on some top 40 crap. Paula was actually right. Paris needs to sing standards.

3) Taylor (You Send Me)-This was one of my favorite Taylor performances of the entire season. Taylor showed both sides of him-Original Recipe Taylor with the high energy moves and the more subdued Taylor Lite where he delivers simply through his fabulous vocals. And all of it was wrapped in a beautifully soulful package. I’d love to see a performance like this in concert. I know I’ve mentioned it before, but the man makes me happy. And on a shallow note, I thought he looked quite handsome in his dark suit.

4) Elliott (I Had to Be You)-Beautifully done. To have Taylor and Elliott perform back to back makes me melt. I thought Elliott was totally in his element. This song showcased his gorgeous voice. And Simon was being such an ass. I don’t think it lacked personality. In fact, I think Elliott’s sweetness and vulnerability shone through, which is one of the reasons why I liked it so much. I hope he stays.

5) Kellie (Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered)- Well, I wasn’t bewitched, but I was bothered and bewildered. I kept wondering how Paris or Kat would deliver this song. Kellie’s vocals were not good. This song doesn’t work with a twang. And what was up with the childish poutiness? I’m sure your local Chester the Molester loved it. This is a song that requires elegance and sensitivity, not indolent immaturity. And Kellie wailing, “Ahhhm Sorrrrry” when the judges don’t praise her performance? Oh, just shut up. Don’t be so humble. You’re not that great.

6) Ace (That’s All) After his tepid performance last week of “We Will Bore You”, Ace actually does a pretty good job with a standard. Sure, he was boy bandish, but I think Ace really sang well and the falsetto really worked for the song. I was very charmed by his performance. As for the suit and tie; it could have been totally GQ, but the skeevy ponytail made it totally K-Fed.

7) Katharine (Someone to Watch Over Me)-This is one of my favorite songs. Have you ever heard Linda Ronstadt’s version? Gorgeous. I was hoping Katharine would deliver on this song, but though her vocals were top notch, I did not like the Miss America Pageant vibe she gave this song. I much prefer a bit more wistfulness and longing and I just didn’t feel it in Katharine’s performance.

Favorites-Taylor and Elliott
Hope will get the boot-Kellie (yeah, right)
Will probably leave-Ace

Finally, a good show. With the notable exception of the Pickle, who just murded her song, they were all good.

I thought Kat and Paris were exceptionally good, although Paris looked like she was going to an FBLA conference.

Right now my top 2 are Chris and Kat. I like Elliot, but don't know if he's meant to be a pop star. Taylor belongs in Vegas. Ace is still pretty. I just hate Kellie.

This week, I think sadly Ace is gone, because America loves a ditz.

Oh and I just bought tix to Kelly Clarkson in August! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom