American Idol 5 Pt. II - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #181
Refugee

Local Time: 09:26 PM
Kellie?

Ace?

Taylor?

Mandisa?

Bucky?

Chris?

Katharine?

Paris?

Elliot?

----

Old 04-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #182
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Taylor - disappointed It's like he totally froze up. His usual charisma wasn't there. COME ON TAYLOR! YOU SHOULD'VE HAD THIS ONE!

Mandisa - totally weird. Country is not her. Like Randy said, she didn't have it until the last bar.

Elliot - sang great! But, again he's way too nervous on stage and he needs to get over it already. I can't believe they are just now talking about how much his nerves effect his singing. I figured that out a long time ago.

Paris - great job since this is not her background. Total surprise that she was able to pull it off. Her range did come through.

Ace - just OK. Again, his high voice didn't really work for his country song. I just don't know that many male country singers that sing as high as him. Just very unusual.

Chris - Best male vocal tonight. A little bit off, not much charisma, but for the most part I'd give him an A-. It might have been nerves.

Katharine - Best female vocal tonight. Her range was there and for the most part dead on.

Kellie - good job. Not surprised since this is her background. I thought Katharine did it better though.

Bucky - WTF? Was that a real country song? Someone please help me out here. I thought it was an alternative rock song. Confused Again, he's just OK and still needs to go!

Old 04-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #183
Refugee

Local Time: 10:26 PM
Paris is an evil troll!! I can't wait until she's booted off! It's all i look forward to lately!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #184
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
Paris is an evil troll!! I can't wait until she's booted off! It's all i look forward to lately!

Old 04-05-2006, 12:41 AM   #185
Refugee

As we thought going in...this was was a big snooze fest. Is there anyone in this group who stands out at all at this point?? That's a problem.

--

Kellie - For the cleavage tonight Outside of that...the act is still tired.

Ace - Better than the past few weeks. Reported this week that he's a Jehovah's witness. Oh, and ladies, he's single now...so please vote.

Taylor - Might have been the front runner going into tonight but that was horrid. The worst of the night. A freak vote could send him home.

Mandisa - Not much to say but I did think she looked like my mom's couch in Santa Fe.

Bucky - The theme gives him the best vocal of the night.

Chris - Ok

Katharine - The googley eyed flirtation with the camera is annoying.

Paris - See above.

Elliot - Ok
Old 04-05-2006, 01:07 AM   #186
Refugee

Local Time: 01:26 AM
Can I just say, I HATE country. Since Bucky and Kelly have the country background, of course they are going to thrive. That song Bucky did - it's on one of my Vertical Horizon cds... I dont know who originated it. I just couldn't enjoy tonights show... any of it really since I hate the music.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:21 AM   #187
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:26 PM
the theme was atrocious Couldn't stand it. Think the only song I knew was Taylor's, and it was very boring - disappointing.

I liked Katharine & Chris tonight. The theme worked well for Kellie. It was the first time that Paris appeared half-way decent/normal. The stylists should be fired. Mandisa looked huger than normal. I just don't understand. Probably some skinny white straight boy/girl dressing her

I hope they send Bucky home... Country Road...take him home... to the place.... he belongs...
Old 04-05-2006, 01:44 AM   #188
ONE
love, blood, life

Paris was GREAT. She is the BEST singer in the competition, bar none. She hit the highest notes of the song with ease.

Chris just doesn't seem like he's going to be comfortable doing anything other than vedder-style alternative rock vocals.

Ace isn't doing it for me...he's just too...soft. You never see him go all-out on stage, everything is too controlled and safe. Every song he sings sounds like it's supposed to be a lullabye.

Kelly...yeah, she doesn't have much going on up there, but you know, at least she's not trying to hide it. There's no pretention. She is what she is and she's not denying it. Her vocal is good-but-not-great, imo.

Bucky...meh.

Elliot was good, I thought he had a Johnny Cash vibe going in his vocal tonight.

Katherine was good.

Mandisa...shouldn't wear tanktops. Let that be tonight's lesson. As for vocal...not good, imo.

Taylor - Ok but nothing special.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #189
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by She Is Raging
Can I just say, I HATE country.............. I just couldn't enjoy tonights show... any of it really since I hate the music.
Yes, you can & I'd like to also say - I HATE COUNTRY! I'm beginning to wonder if AI is trying to weed out contestants that are into rock, R & B, or harder pop with a lineup of themes that start with 50's music, country, Stevie Wonder etc. These themes have been excruciatingly soft and boring.

Taylor just did not want to sing "Take Me Home Country Roads" last night. Could not get into it & I give him a lot of credit for not really relating to that song. He was holding back & has a lot more he could put into a song, but the style of it made him hold back. The song choices available must've been horrible!!

Same with Chris. Liked his vocal, however the song was BAAAADDD for him.

The song choices pretty much all sucked! I liked Chris and Taylor the best. Did not like anybody's act.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #190
New Yorker

Chris-still the man!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #191
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:26 PM
Old 04-05-2006, 09:15 AM   #192
ONE
love, blood, life

Ace or Bucky - go'in home.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:21 AM   #193
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

I hope they send Bucky home... Country Road...take him home... to the place.... he belongs...

Haven't watched this ep yet and I don't know if I will bother. Maybe I'll just delete it from the DVR. From the comments here it sounds like it was even worse than I'd expected.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #194
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

It sucked!

I am actually surprised that Simon, given that he is a producer and hates country so much, allowed this terrible style of music in the show.

Country music sucks!

BTW, here is Dialidol's prediction for tonight... Mandisa going home

DialIdol
Rank Idol DialIdol Score Margin Of Error Actual Rank
1 Taylor Hicks 37.333 1.72 -
2 Katharine McPhee 28.589 1.836 -
3 Kellie Pickler 28.135 1.842 -
4 Chris Daughtry 26.915 1.857 -
5 Ace Young 23.787 1.897 -
6 Bucky Covington 23.113 1.905 -
7 Paris Bennett 19.035 1.955 -
8 Elliott Yamin 14.184 2.013 -
9 Mandisa 13.177 2.025 -
Old 04-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #195
New Yorker

I hope Mandisa goes--I can't take much more of her screeching! Most of you are too young to really remember Kenny Rogers--but man he didn't even look the same as I remember him with Dolly Parton back in the 80's--something tells me a little eye lift here & little botox there.