American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swore out loud when Elliot was in the bottom three. I was really hoping for Ace.. but oh well. I liked Bucky, he's a decent fellow but his voice wasn't strong enough for this competition.

Maybe Chris will punk up one of next weeks songs ala Me First And The Gimmie Gimmies. I wouldn't put it past him...

I saw on a entertainment news show that they may be having Andrea Bocelli on as well. :huh: What are they going to be singing.. opera songs? I guess it could be more theatrical songs as well. Or perhaps some power metal songs...

I'm glad to see so many Elliot fans on here...a couple weeks a go i ate lunch where he used to work in his honor :rockon: Whenever he does come home you can guarantee I'll be at any homecoming thing that is thrown for him. :up:

corianderstem said:

I'm glad I missed the first half hour last night - thank goodness America's Next Top Model overlapped! The second half hour was enough filler - I can't imagine how much filler they had in the first half hour.

dammit! I missed ANTM. :angry: was it good?

Rod's new stuff is :yuck:

I want to see someone do Maggie May.

WildHoneyAlways said:

dammit! I missed ANTM. :angry: was it good?

Yeah, pretty good! The models learned how to twirl on the runway, Brooke called Nnenna a bitch, Joanie rocked the fashion shoot, Jade won the challenge (damnit!), and Leslie got sent home after being in the bottom two with Sara, who still doesn't know how to be tall.

:wink:

I am a big fan of Rod's older work....basically everything from the beginning up to Forever Young.

I'm looking forward to it (if they do the oldies)

sorry qb, I'll only do this once...
grumpyno.gif

Bonochick said:

I'd probably end up throwing myself at the TV. :faint:

Oh come on, you know you wish Kevin Covais was still around to sing this song, preferrably in your ear. ::Bonochick runs off to toss her cookies.::

Actually our AI dolls and dears will be singing standards from Rod's great American Songbook CDs. And get this. Apparently they have to sing the songs as is; they can't make the songs "their own." That means Chris can't do the Creed version of "As Time Goes By." Snerk.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Rod's new stuff is :yuck:

I want to see someone do Maggie May.

That would be THE only one to pick from Rod's stuff.

AI is getting to be one big info-mercial for singers to sell their stuff/make a come back! :yes:

This weeks Entertainment Weekly featured American Idol--kind of looks like Chris is the fave? Kelly Pickler-everyone's favorite dumb blonde. Taylor Hicks--dubbed Michael Cocker. Where are they now--Constantine may be in his own sit com this fall :)drool: )

from TVSquad.com

Weekend Update - There was some good stuff here. I especially enjoyed Tina's response to that Canton, Ohio high school that has more than 60 teen pregnancies. She suggested they all read her controversial book, "Your Mouth Can't Get Pregnant." I bet that's a great book. The Taylor Hicks [Jason Sudeikis] drop-in was the best part though. He nailed the impression for starters. But he started saying things like, "The ice cream is the monkey whipple chicken nipple" and I lost it. It kept going though. He told Tina that, "the carpet matches the drapes" and went on to say that, "My pubes look like a genius' [Albert Einstein] haircut." Whoever wrote that line deserves a high-five.

don't know if it's on youtube or anywhere else...

SNL clips don't last anymore on youtube.

If you upload you have to name it something completely different and not tag it as SNL or NBC or anything. :(

grumpyhmm.gif

it was there a minute ago. I sent a message to the person who originally uploaded it. Perhaps he/she will re-upload with a new tag :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom