American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'd like to see Bucky go (and his time there is limited), I don't think he'll be going home tonite based on last night's performance. Ace's was :crazy:
getawtf.gif
. If it was on costumer design, I'd send Paris packing

I agree with DialIdol and my prediction's for tonight's bottom three is the following:

Chris, Ace and Bucky.

With Ace going home.

Chris' fans will use this wake-up call 'a la McPhee' to start voting for him again and he will not be in the bottom three again for a couple of weeks, unless he decides to sing "Do the Bartman" by Bart Simpson in an Eddie Vedder tune.

It also helps the ratings and most of the people will go "wow"... "Chris in the bottom three?".

Remember my words, Chris, Bucky and Ace. And I think no one will argue in favor of Ace staying, after that disaster last night.

I thought Eliot and Ace sang so much better tonight than last. I liked Bucky to but.....SEE YA!!

And I don't usually like her but Pickler's grandpa was just adorable. She has obviously led a sheltered and so far unfortunate life.

OK...

Usually I'd have my two cents up, but I missed both nights. I hope I didn't miss much. Why mess with Queen? It's really hard when you've heard these songs for 30 years and watch a bunch of people that could butcher it. Pretty scary...

I would just like to say FINALLY! BUCKY IS GONE!!!!!

:hyper:

By the way next week in going to be Rod Stewart and I rather listen to Bucky duet with Ace than him.

I have never liked Rod Stewart.:mad: :mad:

ljclary said:
By the way next week in going to be Rod Stewart and I rather listen to Bucky duet with Ace than him.

I have never liked Rod Stewart.:mad: :mad:

Thanks for the heads up.

:hmm: Rod Stewart

Now I agree that some of Rod's old stuff is kind of hokie, but have you heard his latest CD's? You know, the really old tunes that he's redone called "The Great American Songbook Volumes." Now those aren't too bad.

I love old Rod Stewart, but next week's theme is based on Rod's later stuff with the old classics :yuck: And Rod will perform live next Wednesday.

So this may present a dilemma for.... Chris :eyebrow:

And I still thought Elliott did not deserve bottom 3 tonite.

And Bucky, as the old Steam song goes... Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey goodbye :wave:

Tonight's show was weird - why did they change the length to an hour instead of 30 minutes? Did FOX cancel another show or something? There was sure a lot of time they had to kill. Yawn.

Ace should've gone home, but Bucky would've been next either way. The Queen "medley" was interesting, though... I loved hearing Taylor sing that bit of "We are the Champions" as well as Chris' "Under Pressure." He should've sang that instead. :hmm:

Elliott should not have been in the bottom 3. :mad:

Rod Stewart was the first cassette tape I ever bought...and my first musician crush. :der: :lol: :reject:

So now they are going to be singing American classics? :huh:

I'd love to see Taylor's take on "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy" though... :D

Poor Bucky. :sad: I figured Ace would be gone--that white boy with no rythym routine strut thing he did across the stage was embarrassing. :eyebrow:

Ace looked sooooo nervous last night.

I am in the minority here because I don't think Elliot's voice is the greatest thing ever....I do think it's wonderful, but not AMAZING. That being said, I like Elliot the best out of the guys and hope he stays around for a few more weeks.

I still think as far as "pure voices" go, I like Katherine.

Lila64 said:
I love old Rod Stewart, but next week's theme is based on Rod's later stuff with the old classics :yuck:

For real? VOMIT. I'd much rather have the kids do Rod's older stuff, which is miles and miles and miles better than the schlock covers he's putting out these days. Classic and great songs, yes. But I think Rod's covers are crummy.

I'm glad I missed the first half hour last night - thank goodness America's Next Top Model overlapped! The second half hour was enough filler - I can't imagine how much filler they had in the first half hour.

Apparently, Queen was supposed to be back on the show and that's why it was an hour... But the rumor is that they backed out... Not sure why.... There were a few comments made on Tuesday night that could have offended them... But yeah, an hour results show is just painful anyway... I was watching Deal or No Deal for the first half hour...

AI Elimination Night-Now We Have the Lucky Seven

Okay, I laughed my ass off when Ryan called Simon the “King of Queens.” Oooh, I just love the hoyay between Simon and Ryan. I just wish those two would make out and get it over with.

Loved, loved, LOVED the Queen song medley the contestants sang along with the scenes from their “journey” to AI. I’m so glad I taped this so I can see it again and again. I smiled throughout the entire thing. Seriously. I need help.

As for the Ford pimpmercial. Yes, golfers actually dress that badly. You wouldn’t believe the fashion faux pas I have seen at my parents’ country club. Eeesh.

I really liked the “messages from home” segment. Taylor’s bandmates are a hoot. And I think his fish, Ray and Lamont (love those names) have more personality than Chris.

I love Elliott’s mom!!! Can she adopt me as her shiksa daughter?

What the hell is Elliott doing in the bottom three? He’s such an amazing performer and according to what I’m reading on the more intelligent websites, has a huge following. I throw a majority of my votes at Taylor, but I also send some Elliott’s way and his line is usually busy. What gives?

I don’t know what gave me a more serious case of the willies, Ace’s skuzzy, hairy armpits (manscaping, look into it) or the thought that Paris wanted to be a gynecologist. Can you imagine listening to her squeaky speaking voice while she’s poking around in your nether regions? I think I just threw up into my mouth.

But I digress…

However, it’s Bucky who is leaving us. I’ll miss you Bucky. You’re a genuine, good person and a gentlemen. Sadly, you’re not American Idol material. Good luck in whatever you do. Some local DJs were discussing Bucky’s elimination. They called him a dirt bag. Gee, nice. Bucky may not be Cary Grant, but he’s not Kid Rock or Fred Durst either. It’s not like he has to wear a Roach Motel around his neck.

And I'm not sure, but I think the contestants will be singing American standards, not music from Rod Stewart's original tunes. We'll find out next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom