American Idol 5 - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taylor Or Kat

• Taylor

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Katharine

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to the higher power that when U2 cleared MJB to record this song, there was some sort of contract that was signed in the process, and that there was a clause in the contract giving MJB permission to perform the song where she pleases and let whomever she pleases use it. If that's the case, then she's the one that let American Idol(and ABC) use it, and not U2. I have to believe that U2 hasn't givin in to AI yet.

namkcuR said:
This is a black day. MJB is whoring U2's music around. Goddamnit.

It's like she read a book on how to ruin a song. It was bad enough they were using it to promote ABC network finales but now it has been trotted out on American Idol?!

Whoever gave her the freaking marketing rights to this version of One should be shot. Where is Paul McGuiness? :madspit:

U2democrat said:
Well that answers the question about a U2 song ever being on AI.

U2 has been done quite well on Canadian Idol...I was quite surprised but the kid did a good job:up:
(probably only cos MJB wasn't there to rob him...it wasn't One but I wouldn't trust her not to show and get her face in there anyway!)

i liked it!! compared to the other cr*p that has been on the show so far tonight, the performance of "one" made me proud to be a U2 fan. it's such a fantastic song... MJB is amazing, and Elliot sounded really really good. and the crowd loved it. :up:

And the award for more stoned than Paula Abdul goes to....Toni Braxton...Way to show her up Tay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom