American Idol 5 - Part IV - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Taylor Or Kat
Taylor 50 81.97%
Katharine 11 18.03%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2006, 11:09 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:06 AM
i've seen a few shows and was very much rooting for taylor but last night's show turned me off to him in a huge way. i seriously thought he could do alot better with the song choices. but i have a feeling he will win.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:06 AM
Soul Patrol is gonna sweep the nation's heartland quicker than the Macarena

Old 05-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #33
New Yorker

Over the Rainbow can go away now! Kat is so boring. Voted for Taylor! (where's my crushed velvet jacket from the 70's. )
Old 05-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

This contest was decided when Chris was eliminated 3 weeks ago.

Taylor will crush Katharine. Dialidol and all other sites confirm it.

Katharine is a good singer. However, she would fit better in a Broadway show than in an arena.

Taylor is a disaster, in my opinion. But, somehow, a lot of voters seem to like him.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC
This contest was decided when Chris was eliminated 3 weeks ago............
Sad, but true
Old 05-24-2006, 12:42 PM   #36
War Child

Local Time: 07:06 AM
Quote:

A big Amen and Halleluhiah to that!!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Soul Patrol x 1,000,0000 = new American Idol

Sad but true
Old 05-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #38
Refugee

There's not a doubt in my mind that Taylor has this wrapped up! I thought his performances last night were pretty lackluster, compared with his energy early on in the season... Last night, it was like he knew he could sing the phone book and still win, so he didn't care as much... he's got this thing wrapped up! This is the most boring finale ever! If Chris were in it, it would have been close... oh well. i'm just glad that this season is over... i thought it was the worst one ever...
Old 05-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

^ I agree with your assessment about last night's show whole heartedly. I would just have to add that Kat didn't do herself any favors last night. She just didn't step it up enough to make it interesting.... This was the first year that I got into this show and must say that I will actually miss watching it.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:40 PM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

AI

talent wise, i think this season was one of the weakest. I mean Kevin Covias and Bucky Covington made the top 12....Come on, come on !!

But, I will say that I liked the contestants personalities alot this season. They had a certain "likeability factor".....

<----starting to sound like Simon
Old 05-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #41
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:06 AM
I thought Taylor was good on the Stevie Wonder song, but incredibly boring on "Levon." Katharine seemed to be pretty much going through the motions, and I can't blame her. She knows as well as the rest of us that she ain't taking that crown.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #42
Refugee

Local Time: 11:06 AM
AI-Finale

I was so unbelievably nervous. (Taylor and Katharine to Golightly Grrl, “Hey, Red, how do you think we felt?”)

It was really good to see the AI contestants in the audience. Kellie’s new short ‘do looks so cute. But I am so sick of that icky tool, Constantine. You could get genital warts just looking at him. Gross.

Round One
Kat (Black Horse and the Cherry Tree)-Well, at least she didn’t sing this song on her knees. It was just okay. I guess this was one of her top performances during this AI season, but I wasn’t too thrilled. Simon was correct; it was good with a small “g.”

Taylor (Livin’ For the City)-Fashion-wise, the man needs help. His purple velvet jacket looked like it had been pulled out of the hamper at the last minute. But performance/singing wise, Taylor knows exactly what he’s doing. I was positively electrified by his performance. I was grinning from ear to ear and I nearly jumped on my coffee table to dance. He sang this so effortlessly. Randy was right. It was a hot one!!!

Round Two
Kat (Somewhere Over the Rainbow)-I thoroughly enjoyed Kat’s performance of this song and she actually brought some genuineness and warmth. It wasn’t too over the top. Some people complained that maybe she shouldn’t have sung a song that she sang so recently, but I’m completely flummoxed what other song she should have sung. I guess her past performances haven’t been too memorable to me.

Taylor (Levon)-Some people thought Taylor’s performance was rather underwhelming and meh, but I was touched. I thought he was very heartfelt and earnest. I actually cried.

Round Three-Coronation Songs of Dreck
Kat-(My Destiny)-More like “My Dysentery.” I could write a better song using the words I get from a game of Boggle. But it wasn’t just the song; I thought Kat’s vocals were average at best and her lower register is painful to listen to.

Taylor-Do I Make You Proud?-Now granted, Taylor could write a better song after a rib and pancake bender and I’m sure if I took a clear-eyed look at the actual lyrics, I’d find them rather lame, but of course, Taylor made this song so soulful. He really made it his own. “Do I make you proud?” Yes, Taylor. You do.

I’d love Taylor to win this thing even though I worry how 19Evil will treat him. Hopefully, some open-minded and compassionate folks at 19E will trust him, but who knows? I know I’ll being buying his CD.

Actually the biggest winner of this season’s AI has been Daniel Powter. His song, “Had a Bad Day” is a huge hit and I’m glad he was a good sport and performed on the show. I loved the montage of contestants and I got up and cheered when they showed our sweet bubbeleh, Elliott.

Wow, after tomorrow night, I can actually get back to living my real life.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
very true, very true...

I'd have preferred an Elliott / Chris finale... oh well...
Old 05-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

entertaining as always GoLightly Girl
Old 05-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #45
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
AI-Finale

Round Three-Coronation Songs of Dreck
Kat-(My Destiny)-More like “My Dysentery.” I could write a better song using the words I get from a game of Boggle. But it wasn’t just the song; I thought Kat’s vocals were average at best and her lower register is painful to listen to.

Taylor-Do I Make You Proud?-Now granted, Taylor could write a better song after a rib and pancake bender ...

I'm gonna miss you GoLightly Grrl!