American Idol 5 - Part IV - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Taylor Or Kat
Taylor 50 81.97%
Katharine 11 18.03%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2006, 10:18 AM   #346
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:20 PM
I agree on One-it has always been U2's "Stairway" to me--kind of sacred in a way. Bono sings it with power but not overpowering like MJB kind of pushes everyone out of the way-I'm singing this song feel I get from her.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's Doll
I agree on One-it has always been U2's "Stairway" to me--kind of sacred in a way. Bono sings it with power but not overpowering like MJB kind of pushes everyone out of the way-I'm singing this song feel I get from her.

yep totally agree with you there. It is a sacred song and the way B sings it with such passion but not too much. MJB is too over the top kind of a singer IMO.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #348
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Everyone is entitled to his/her own feelings about it, but for me nothing can change what the song means to me and what it really means. It's kind of up to you to feel that way-no commercial, etc, should have that sort of power over you. Just my feelings about that
That's a very good way of putting it. When a song means so much to you, it's easy to feel take it personally when something like this happens, but ... well, what you said.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #349
Blue Crack Supplier

Clay Aiken -- the androgenous egotist -- gives me nightmares.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

Old 05-25-2006, 11:21 AM   #351
Blue Crack Distributor

In the elevator at work this morning I saw a woman who's a HUGE Clay fan, and I said, "Did you see Clay last night?"

She smiled this huge smile and said, "YES! Didn't he look GREAT?!"

Old 05-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #352
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

Clay Aiken...aka K.D. Lang
Old 05-25-2006, 11:30 AM   #353
New Yorker

K.D.Lang yes yes that's who it is Clay reminded me of--It just didn't come to me last night.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:36 AM   #354
Blue Crack Distributor

I looooooooooooove kd lang's voice.

Anyway.

I really wish the show would stop saying stuff like "that's more votes than in any presidential election!"

Yeah. Ryan? When 8 year olds can vote for president, and when people can vote 500 times each for president, then you can make that comparison. Until then? Shut it.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:46 AM   #355
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I looooooooooooove kd lang's voice.

Anyway.

I really wish the show would stop saying stuff like "that's more votes than in any presidential election!"

Yeah. Ryan? When 8 year olds can vote for president, and when people can vote 500 times each for president, then you can make that comparison. Until then? Shut it.

i was gonna mention that but I was too lazy to type it. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:53 AM   #356
Blue Crack Distributor

Happy to read your mind any time, Numb1075.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:00 PM   #357
ONE
love, blood, life

was I the only one who had his hands covering his eyes when Meatloaf performed? Is the red hankerchief his trademark or is that a new idea.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:40 PM   #358
Refugee

Local Time: 02:20 AM
I just knew there was a reason why I was chilling a split of champagne in my refrigerator. Congratulations Taylor. I knew you had it the moment I saw your sweet gray head at the Vegas auditions. When you said you were auditioning because you wanted your voice heard, I was completely charmed. I want that sentence embroidered on a pillow. And I was thrilled, elated, touched, excited, and moved by your performances throughout the season and through the wonders of the Internet, I was able to discover your very own amazing music.

Was it a total surprise that Taylor won? No. Soul Patrol was out in full force. Yet, I was thrilled when he won!! I jumped up and down, clapped, squealed, and broke open the champagne. For so long, I’ve felt disconnected from popular culture (and I bet many of you have, too). There are so many people who are famous for...what? Do they sing, act, design clothes? I don’t know, but I know their names and their art/product seems to be more like vanity projects than something they have to do body, mind, and soul. Are these people any good at what they do? Does it matter? Actually being good seems to be beside the point. As long as your face and name is in “In Touch” magazine, being a person of substance, skill, and talent really doesn’t matter and that truly bothers me.

And Taylor was so gracious and sweet in winning. I loved how he thanked the fellow contestants and the band and how he shouted out Soul Patrol.

As for the rest of show....

I don’t think I can wrap my brain around on how amazing the show was last night. I ran the gamut of emotions and feelings-excitement, sadness, euphoria, joy, etc. There were so many OMG, OMG, OMG, SQUEEEE!!!! moments. Elliott singing “One” with Mary J. Blige. He sounded fabulous but of course Mary J. Blige had to make the song about her. Can you imagine if U2 came out to sing this with Elliott? Blue Crack would implode. I, personally, would have loved it.

The group medleys, especially the boy medley (OMG Taylor brought out his harmonica) and the Burt Bacharach medley were also wonderful (Elliott sang “A House is Not a Home” beautifully). They reminded me how much I’m looking forward to their concert. August 12 can’t come fast enough.

And OMG, AI actually got Prince to perform. SQUEEEE!!!!!

I thought the Puck and Pickler sketch was kind of cute (I’ll show myself out) and the judges’ montages seriously cracked me up. However, seeing Simon rubbing his man boobs over and over again nearly made me throw up in my mouth.

Apparently Toni Braxton didn’t realize that “In the Ghetto” is about a poverty-stricken kid, but about being “Ghetto Fabulous.” She’s classless.

Did anyone think Right Said Fred when Chris performed with Live? Well, I think it’s pretty cool that Chris got to sing with his musical heroes.

I also like the Dundies Awards. Ooops, I mean Golden Idol Awards. The HoYay between Ace and Chris was smoking hot. But I thought the Broke Note Cowboys did a pretty decent job. And Mamaleh Yamin deserves more than Golden Idol award. I want her to be named “Mother of the Year.” Then I realized that she’s in the same company as Rhonetta &%#@ Johnson. Oh well, mazel tov, Mamaleh Yamin.

The Fake Clay Aiken seriously losing his shit over meeting Clay Aiken (and his Emo hair) was a hoot!

P.S. I read somewhere that Taylor bought the velvet jacket to wear specifically at the finale. Now I feel guilty for saying it looked like he pulled if from the hamper. When I re-watched his performance I as struck on what a great color it was on him.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #359
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl

P.S. I read somewhere that Taylor bought the velvet jacket to wear specifically at the finale. Now I feel guilty for saying it looked like he pulled if from the hamper. When I re-watched his performance I as struck on what a great color it was on him.
Actaully it was by Dolce and Gabanna
Old 05-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #360
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:20 PM
On the news in L.A. following the finale, they briefly spoke to Ryan, Taylor, Kat, Chris & Paris... There may have been more, but I could have missed it Chris was happy for Taylor - said he had been a fan of Taylor all along. And Paris was happy for him as well. Seemed like all the other contestants were really happy for him. Haven't checked the internet for stories today - I'm sure there are many. Can't wait to see the Idol tour live

oh yes, and Toni Braxton trying to sex-up 'In The Ghetto'?

~~~~~~~
After Wednesday's show, runner-up McPhee said she hadn't expected to win and didn't have any regrets.

"It would really just be silly to feel bad for me at this point. I got a record deal, a new car," she said backstage.

McPhee said she planned to take a week off to see friends in New York and "go somewhere tropical" before embarking on the "American Idol" tour with Hicks and the other finalists.

As for the future, she said she wanted to model her career after Julia Roberts , and eventually go into movies and back to her musical-theater roots.