American Idol 5 - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taylor Or Kat

• Taylor

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Katharine

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
najeena said:
Too bad more people care about who wins this pointless contest than who governs our country.

I'm getting so tired of this argument/comparison. I don't even see how the two can be compared.

And how do you measure that, anyway? How do you know more people care? Don't go by how many votes Idol raked in, because you definitely cannot compare that to a presidential election.

especially when I can vote hundreds of times if I choose. I only have one vote in a government election...

Did I say I miss Elliott? :sigh:

And you don't have to be 18 to vote.

You could have some squealing 13 year old sending text message after text message for Ace Young, just because he's such a hottie.

najeena said:
By all means, enjoy your show. I just wish people could get as enthused about contests that matter to us all.

How do you know we don't? I had to turn off the Yahoo group Wire-U2, the one that goes along with this website, because back in the Fall of 2004 it was getting out of control and we were all fighting and yelling about politics, going in circles, etc. I've voted in every Presidential election, and even those in between.

I understand your point, I agree, but jumping in here is almost pointless and too those people you are talking about are mostly not in this thread. It would be smarter to go to the AI message board to voice your opinion there. Also remember, it's just entertainment.

OK, AI is done, can someone :lock: this thing up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom