American Idol 5 - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taylor Or Kat

• Taylor

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Katharine

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
capt.a8238b69bf14459fb854dde34bc98985.american_idol_casm116.jpg

kd lang was on Idol? :ohmy:

Oh Clay...

:lmao: A fox reporter from Massachusetts is out where American Idol is and he was yelling to the cameraman that HE NEEDS THE FEED repeatedly. The camera goes to his face and he's like this: :|

Priceless. :lol:

kellyahern said:

What the hell happened to Clay? :yikes:

Is that a wig?

Yes. And Liza Minnelli wants it back.

(I'm sorry. I'll stop now...)

I was glad to see Taylor win. I actually only watched the last five minutes or so of the show because I got sucked into a Netflix movie. He seemed so genuinely happy and gracious. My hope is that he doesn't let the success go to his head. I'm resisting the urge to make another Clay hair joke. It's so hard! :silent:

The had to be one of the funniest two hours on television ever.

The moment of the night is tied between Meatloaf's death onstage and David Hasselhoff blinking away his big ole emo tears.

I'm so happy Taylor won, and now he can fade into oblivion like 3/4 of the other idols. :drool:

so what was the "secret that only Taylor and I know about...it's never happened before on the show" thing that Katharine was talking about when they interviewed her at the end of Tuesday's episode?
the meatloaf thing? was that a skit or something?
clay's hair?
mary J blige?
i didnt see the episode, but i'm just making guesses based on what you guys have written >.<

Well, that was VASTLY entertaining. I have to go and read the thread now. I just have to say this one thing:

Why does Clay Aiken look like kd lang now?

Oh, and ...

PRINCE!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Edit: HA! BonoIsMyMuse, how lovely we shared the same kd lang thought! :wink:

I still dig Mary J doing "One," but yeah, she kind of shoved Elliott out of the way. Oh well. She does that with Bono, too. Oh, and as much as I dig her version, she needs to stop attempting that high note at the end. Because ... well, ow.

Last edited:
Ok can you imagine what would have happen if Bono came out onstage instead of Mary J?

Yeah ... we'd have to sit through 15,463 pages of the "they sold out! / no they didn't!" argument.

corianderstem said:
Yeah ... we'd have to sit through 15,463 pages of the "they sold out! / no they didn't!" argument.

Hahaha!!!

:lol:

Never posted in this thread before.
But have been watching and following AI all season.

Now that the finale is over, it's safe to surf the web again.
I was afraid to stumble across the results somewhere online.
Didn't happen though.
So I was pleasantly surprised to hear and see that Taylor won.

Sicy, did you watch the entire episode?
Besides Elliot singing "One" with Mary J Blige, there was some more u2.
During one of the many commercial breaks, there was a "Spare the air day - free commute" ad with "Beautiful Day".

Last edited:
Oh, and I was SHOCKED earlier in the thread to see people saying they thought the Meatloaf thing was good.

I realize music, or "good" is often subjective, and I'm really not trying to knock down anyone's opinions, but ...

Were you all watching the same thing on TV as I was? That was just about the most horrible thing I've ever sat through. I thought Meatloaf was singing bad on purpose on first, like he was mocking Celine Dion's version or something.

It was incredibly painful, and I was embarrassed for Katharine getting stuck with him on that one.

I did NOT like the Meatloaf portion of the show :yuck:

never liked him, don't even think I know anything by him. Nor do I see what people saw/liked about him :reject:

Congratulations again Taylor and to all the Idols!

Oh, and Elliott singing A House is Not A Home :drool:

Right there with you, corianderstem.
The beginning of the song was horrible indeed.
I too thought he was mocking or doing it on purpose.

I prefer Bono singing "A house is not a home" or "One".
Not that I mind seeing Mary J belting it out!
She sure puts her all in it every time if I've seen her perform it.

Which is really fun to do indeed.
Haven't we all done this at one point or another.
I know I have, when I sing along with the song.

Last edited:
Oh, phew, I'm not alone. I skimmed through the thread pretty quickly and maybe missed the dissenting voices.

I guess the "I liked it" comments stood out because they were so shocking. :wink:

My thoughts on the last 2 hours....

I hated those 'awards' ~ HATED

When Burt Bacharach walked out the mini fahs said 'hey, he was in Austin Powers' :giggle:

Elliot's Mom :heart:

Katherine's Mom :ohmy:

I actually didn't mind MJB singing 'One' but I was distracted by the shirt she was wearing :shifty:

When Clay walked out ~ I thought it was going to be George Michael :lol:

Prince is still cooler than just about everyone else and his backup singers know how to make an exit :cool:

I'm happy for Taylor :)

Yay for Clay's return... (even if he did look like Garth Brooks' alter ego, Chris Gaines) :up:

Yay for Elliot and Mary J... loved it! :up:

Yay for Prince lowering himself to make an appearance... :up:

Yay that they didn't try to feed us with the whole "the closest vote in AI history" crap... since we all know Taylor won by a landslide... :up:

Yay that the worst season ever of AI is finally over! :up:

Miringeltje said:
Sicy, did you watch the entire episode?
Besides Elliot singing "One" with Mary J Blige, there was some more u2.
During one of the many commercial breaks, there was a "Spare the air day - free commute" ad with "Beautiful Day".

Yes I heard that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom