American Idol 5 Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Carry on!

Elliott was my favorite tonite :applaud:
Then Chris, Katharine, and the rest... Kellie... I hope America sees how bad you were tonite, not to mention how brainless you are as well. Please vote her off. Friends... please vote for anyone other than Kellie. PLEASE, I BEG YOU!!!
beg.gif
If you don't do it for me, do it for your country!!!

:wink:

currently, according to dialidol.com

DialIdol
Rank Idol DialIdol Score Margin Of Error Actual Rank

1-3 Taylor Hicks 05 26.01 1.581 -
1-3 Chris Daughtry 06 25.954 1.582 -
1-4 (B3) Elliott Yamin 02 23.721 1.605 -
3-5 (B3) Katharine McPhee 01 22.467 1.619 -
4-6 (B3) Kellie Pickler 03 19.421 1.65 -
5-6 (B3) Paris Bennett 04 17.36 1.671 -

Last edited:
I voted for Elliott and for Chris, I'm sure you're not supposed to do that but I am still very fond of Chris and I liked his version of that song. Elliott really surprised me and he was the best of the night imho. I love that song too. If it means anything, I got right through for Chris but it took several tries for Elliott.

Katharine-she's gorgeous, no doubt about that. But the come hither act is starting to wear thin for me. As is the same old way of singing for her every week, I'd really like to see if she can do something different.

Kellie has got to go. The rest just bored me.

Taylor had a very 'off' performance last night, but the worst performance is definitely Kellie's. Just horrendous! (Did anybody else notice Andrea's facial expression when he first listened to Kellie in the off-site video clip? :eyebrow: :giggle:)

Katherine was movie-star beautiful as always. Beautiful vocals, but missing something. She doesn't seem sincere/doesn't seem to emotionally connect with the songs. However, Elliott was very open and did connect with the audience. His vocals were very good. He just doesn't have the star personna.

Paris reminded me a lot of Gladys Knight. Maybe it was just her hair? She really is not bad. I think she will improve with age. Just don't think she is the best right now.

Chris is still my pick. But, somehow I just don't think he is giving us all he can. Still hoping he will cheer up/liven his act up.

Katherine is so hot. I wish they did not fade when the slip of her dress moved up. :( :drool: and the cleavage :drool:

Did anyone expect Kellie, upon meeting Andrea Bocelli, squealing, “Andrea? Andrea? But he’s a boy!”

Very well then....

Katharine (I Have Nothing)-I really liked Katharine’s performance. I don’t think Katharine should try for glory notes, but I love it when she’s more subtle. I also like that in a world with skanky bar slags are seen as sexy, Katharine brings a wonderfully classy old-Hollywood glamour (despite some ahem, wardrobe malfunctions). And what was up with the assy comments from the judges? Not as good as Whitney Houston’s version? Well, Whitney is now a crackhead so bring on Kat.

Elliott (A Song For You)-Truly a star-making performance. Elliott blew me away with his vocals and his performance. I love this old school, romantic, slow dancing with your partner type of music. If Elliott sang stuff like this on a CD, I would definitely buy it. Elliott was born to sing songs like this.

Kellie (Unchained Melody)-More like Unhinged Malignancy.Where to start. Okay, her falsetto brought the neighborhood dogs to my living room window. And what was up with her playing pottery remark? News at 11:00: “Pottery Barn Decides to Change its Name.” Kellie’s rendition sucked. Lifeless, robotic. There was no yearning, no aching, no longing.

Paris (The Way We Were)-I think Paris is a fabulous vocalist, but she doesn’t connect with the lyrics (yes, I know I’ve said this before). I was just bored.

Taylor (Just Once)-My heart broke hearing Taylor singing this song. He sounded so wonderful in rehearsals, but this wasn’t quite top notch as at could have been. But I did like how Taylor did bring some vulnerability to his performance, but that could be my protectiveness of him. And my heart broke hearing the judges’ feedback. At this point I hate the judges. I’m sick of how they undermine him all the time. Yes, maybe he doesn’t fit into the lazy, uninteresting box that the unimaginative minds of 19 Entertainment prefer, but I am grateful for someone like Taylor. He’s the reason why I’m emotionally invested in this show and the reason why I watch week after week.

Chris (Have You Ever Loved A Woman)-Of course TCO gets the pimp spot and the accompanying musicians. Chris Creeds the shit out of this song for all it’s worth. And I’m sick of the death stare of doom. What an angst-ridden fuckwit. Hey Chris, 1991 called; they want you back. And judges SHUT UP! He’s not that great, but that said, why don’t TPTB just end this farce and crown him the winner.

I am only human -

U2democrat said:

I can't help my sub-conscience thoughts.

She comports herself as a very pleasant young lady.

Now, my other dreams, and who is in them :shame:

I will never tell.:silent:

Last edited:
And is it just me or is David Foster incredibly smug? And/or in need of a shower and shave? He did give them good advice though and really helped Elliott. I got a little crush on Elliott after that song :heart:

I did vote for a few contestants (as always), but most of my votes went to Elliott. Loved his rendition, and want to make sure he stays in the competition. Along with Chris & Kat and Taylor (who had an off night).

I know I haven't been a part of this thread at all and probably shouldn't bring this up because I'm sure it has been brought up in the past. Is it just me or does any one else think that Paula Abdul is totally wasted off of her arse? Last night she was borderline out of control. I kinda like it because I just wait for her over the top comments about every body and her blatant stoned out of this world mannerisms.

Apparently she does take pain medications for her back. Could have been that :shrug:

Taylor, Taylor, Taylor.. where the heck was your soulful singing last night. Taylor shouldn't sing slow songs.. he needs to be bouncing around.

I enjoyed Chris and Elliot blew me away.

Kellie... bleh.
Paris.. she's starting to grow on me
Kat.. the song was too big for her.. but she gave it a good try.

Hi Raven :wave:
Elliot seemed really good last night and Chris also.

Taylor is not one of my favorites - I thought he really didn't do so well.

Katherine and Paris seemed to be as good as ever

Butt Kellie was just awful in my opinion. I juststarted watching this show this season (I know-really slow on the uptake!) she was just DREADFUL!!!! I thought my dog was going to start howling there when she was hitting those high notes. :scream:

YBORCITYOBL - yes, we have discussed Paula's apparent drug/alcohol/craziness/insanity in this thread. I for one, love it. She's such a train wreck.....:drool:

Did you see her last night crying and stuff:sad: :sad: what gives?

That's one of the best reasons to watch the show

Numb1075 said:
she's a mess......whatever happened to our innocent little Paula?:sad:

i think she drinks margaritas, but instead of salt, they are rimmed with crushed up klonazepan.

i'm so torn with Chris. i want him. and i think i might want him to win as well. but, good god, i HATE HATE HATE that song. i hated it when Bryan Adams did it, and i hated it last night.

i really do think he only owns Creed, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarten CDs (or albums ... no way he has an iPod). oh, and the occasional Bryan Adams single.

Golightly Grrl said:
................... Chris Creeds the shit out of this song for all it’s worth. And I’m sick of the death stare of doom. What an angst-ridden fuckwit. Hey Chris, 1991 called; they want you back. And judges SHUT UP! He’s not that great, but that said, why don’t TPTB just end this farce and crown him the winner.

:lol: Golightly Grrl, you have no problem telling it like it is!! Chris is good, but you know he can do better. Chris needs to check out what Paula's into & maybe he might loosen up a little! :giggle:

Yep, Paula is definitely was definitely off her rocker last night! She's been a little loopy for a couple years now, and she blamed it on her back meds, but last night she was completely out of control! There's got to be more than just pain meds involved with her behaviour... The chic has totally lost it! And i think it's great fun to watch! :lol:

American20Idol204-26-0620003.jpg

American20Idol204-26-0620004.jpg

American20Idol204-26-0620013.jpg

American20Idol204-26-0620015.jpg

American20Idol204-26-0620010.jpg

American20Idol204-26-0620014.jpg

I can see where the song may have, emotionally, moved her (her being Paula), but overall, she's been wacky this season for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom