American Idol 5 Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This season is now a total bore! Even Chris was getting boring, but he was the only one who could have possibly beat Taylor... now it's totally obvious that Taylor cannot be stopped! He has never been in the bottom group, thanks to his loyal supporters. I'm not sure i even need to watch anymore... It's an easy win for Taylor now.... but i do still love Elliot!

It's like in the first season when everyone knew Nikki should have gone instead of Tamyra, and even Nikki looked like she had total guilt because she totally should have gone!!! ZOMG!!!!!

I love the drama on this show. Hee!

I'm completely shocked Kat is still there, but I didn't love Chris, so there you go. He'll be completely fine and is probably better off not winning, so as to keep his "rocker" image.

Now with Chris gone, I think Elliott could win it. Which would kinda rock.

corianderstem said:

Now with Chris gone, I think Elliott could win it. Which would kinda rock.

Right 'cause soooo many people would then buy his album....ummmm no. He may be a good singer but he is not what America looks to to be in the Pop charts. THis is what happens every year 4 people to go. The weakest doesn't get kicked off and then the finale is a snooze fest. Chris at least had the marketabilty needed to make it big. Kelly Clarkson is the only one who has amounted to be worth what the show is supposed to be about (sorry Carrie it is not Country Idol). I am pissed he is gone-I am also pissed at him for sucking last night:mad:

Okay now that is off my chest-I hope the last 3 don't disapoint and make next week f-ing awesome. It should be interesting to see what Paula picks for the idol to sing. You know her being on crack and all.

Well, I guess tonight's show wasn't all that good. I totally slept right through the whole thing even after turning up the volume and leaving it on FOX. After waking up at the end of Unanimous, I was like...WTF? Ah shit...I MISSED IT! :lol:

I was thinking, it must have been bad.

But later during the 9 o'clock news they gave me the answer I was looking for.

Chris gone?! Kat stays?! :eyebrow:

Whatever...I'm totally clueless on this one.

Taylor just might win this thing. Elliot is a good singer, and Kat is only good in her own way, but if Taylor pulls this off, it'll be the shock of the century! I love Taylor, but if he wins, it'll be freaking hilarious! It'll be a slap in the face of what American Idol was looking for like another Kelly Clarkson I'm sure. I'll bet they never thought that a 29 year old guy with grey hair would make it the semi-finals round. Like I said, I love Taylor, but I never thought he'd make it this far either!

Last edited:
Allegra said:
Chris gone?! Kat stays?! :eyebrow:

Whatever...I'm totally clueless on this one.

Taylor just might win this thing. Elliot is a good singer, and Kat is only good in her own way, but if Taylor pulls this off, it'll be the shock of the century! I love Taylor, but if he wins, it'll be freaking hilarious! It'll be a slap in the face of what American Idol was looking for like another Kelly Clarkson I'm sure. I'll bet they never thought that a 29 year old guy with grey hair would make it the semi-finals round. Like I said, I love Taylor, but I never thought he'd make it this far either!

And I'm sure they hadn't predicted that Elliott would be going this far either. He doesn't have "the look", but he certainly has the talent. And it seems America is taking notice, especially for him to make the final 3
LoveShower.gif
. I hope some of Chris' fans vote for EY now...
I think for some people, you either love Taylor or you don't. My daughter doesn't like his stage presence, but acknowledges that he can entertain. And I agree that Kat is good but not "all-around" good. Last season I just never cared for Carrie Underwood - we were voting for Bo all the way. So... who knows what will happen for the final 2 rounds...

I actually wasn't totally shocked when Chris got booted. He was beginning to become monotonous. Okay, that being said.. I did gasp when Ryan said he was going home.

I hope the finale is between Taylor and Elliot. They're both great singers and Elliot has been one of my favs from the get go.

Did anyone else giggle when Chris sang Love Me Tender. Maybe there was a Nickleback version afterall GoLightly Grrl :wink:

Lila64 said:
beauty over talent? :der:

I think so. I'm glad I didn't see Chris go live- I was out and I had to tape Lost instead.

That is a total joke, sorry :sad: But he'll probably end up having a better career than whoever wins-and if you want to be a rocker AI probably doesn't add much credibility to your resume.

I wish I had seen him sing Love Me Tender.

Kat was totally awful-Chris def more talented. :ohmy: The look on Chris's face & Kat did look guilty. My votes will be for Taylor,but Elliott has been one of my faves too.

ljclary said:
.....Chris at least had the marketabilty needed to make it big. Kelly Clarkson is the only one who has amounted to be worth what the show is supposed to be about (sorry Carrie it is not Country Idol). I am pissed he is gone-I am also pissed at him for sucking last night:mad: ....................

Agree with you. So I'm not surprised Chris is gone. I think he'll get some kind of deal out of this & will be able to keep his image intact more.

What was the deal with Rebecca Romijn requesting Taylor to perform? This is a short live show - it was planned in advance. Wasn't this a little unfair to Elliott and Kat - to showcase another contestant?

i can't believe chris went over kat!!! me and my friends all let out a huge gasp when ryan told him he was gone. it was quite abrupt and rude i think. i realize they were running out of time but still. this is the 6th season...you would think that they would know by now how to time the show better.

kat has gotto go next week. she should have left 2 weeks ago when paris left. personally from what i read that chris's fans are either voting for one of the guys now or not voting at all so thats good in a way. i personally think taylor will win now but if he gets kicked out next week than it will prob go to kat. unless taylor fans vote for eilliott which may very well happen because it seems that they both share a lot of fans at this point of the contest.

personally i love both taylor and elliott and would be happy if either of them won. i just dont want kat to win. she now bugs me more than kellie. don't get me wrong....i think that kat has a great voice but she has completely shit it the past few weeks and forgot the words and over sang a couple of songs. she has been the worst out of the final 5 and should have went home.

i wish i could vote...i hate that i can't. :sad:

The Final Four look very nervous and I can’t blame them. I’m nervous for them. And what the hell is Paula doing in Simon’s lap?

We get more footage of the contestants at Graceland. Everyone looks like their having a lot of fun. Why am I not surprised that Taylor squeed over going into the Jungle Room.

The pimpmercial was adorable. I love Kermit. And Taylor and Elliott can come over and be my handymen anytime.

I loved, loved, LOVED the Elvis medley and I do not mean in an ironic way. I mean in a heartfelt, “damn, that was such fun” kind of way. And Chris sings “Love Me Tender” and is actually...tender. Who knew?

In an "unscipted" moment Taylor is asked to sing “Jailhouse Rock.” Could he actually be getting pimped by TPTB? Wow. And WOW over his performance. I loved it. And I loved how Mamaleh Yamin got into it when she danced with Taylor.

And Chris is eliminated. I thought tonight would be a shocker elimination and I was right. Maybe America was tired of all of the pimping and Chris’s lack of range and personality. Have fun riding that one-trick pony back home, Chris. Kat looked most shocked of all as did the judges. Paula may have to up her meds.

Does anyone know next week’s theme besides Golightly Grrl completely losing her shit over Taylor and Elliott?

SunBloc said:

What was the deal with Rebecca Romijn requesting Taylor to perform? This is a short live show - it was planned in advance. Wasn't this a little unfair to Elliott and Kat - to showcase another contestant?

That was really bizarre I thought. and totally unfair You kinda need to give everyone equal air time in a show like this you would think. And since when does anyone care what Romijn wants to hear anyway?

Golightly Grrl said:

Does anyone know next week’s theme besides Golightly Grrl completely losing her shit over Taylor and Elliott?

One song they choose-one song Clive Davis chooses-each judge picks one song for one contestant

what the heck is Rebecca Romeign (Spelling?) doing engaged to friggin Jerry O'Connell.....damn, the fat kid in "Stand By Me" hit the love lotto.

Chris looked completely shocked. And I think part of the reason for that was how he was told. Usually, Ryan builds up the drama and gives them a moment or two to brace themselves for the news. Last night, out of nowhere, almost under the radar, Ryan delivered the news.

Here are my thoughts on the rest of the competition: As much as I enjoy Taylor, I think he's a bit too freaky. I don't see him as an MTV guy, but more of a Michael McDonald type singing jingles etc. It's either going to be Kat or Elliot and I don't think Elliot has the persona or looks (Not that looks should matter one iota when it comes to music, but this is still the MTV generation).

Numb1075 said:
what the heck is Rebecca Romeign (Spelling?) doing engaged to friggin Jerry O'Connell.....damn, the fat kid in "Stand By Me" hit the love lotto...................

It's all rigged. He's probably got a movie coming out soon that he's promoting too.

:lol:

Chris looked completely shocked. And I think part of the reason for that was how he was told. Usually, Ryan builds up the drama and gives them a moment or two to brace themselves for the news. Last night, out of nowhere, almost under the radar, Ryan delivered the news.

I thought Ryan was a bit of a dick but he's never been much of a Chris fan...he's always been more touchy, feely, winky-winky with Taylor and Elliot. And he loves the Kat in a petting your cat kind of way. He's a card carrying metrosexual.

I thought the underwear/panties conversation from the other night ended up very awkward for both of them and America didn't want to go there.

Chris brought up that his fan club had been wondering if he wore boxers or briefs.

He should have answered that he just sways in the wind.

voting for who should have gone home.
AOL Vote

didn't like the way Ryan abruptly told Chris he was going home.
And Kat definitely looked worried the whole show. I'm sure she knew it was warranted. I think she's cracking under the pressure these past few weeks...

go Elliott!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom