American Idol 5 Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OKay totally just woke up from a dream in whick I was on American Idol. I was goign to sing The Rose and Houndog!! Thankfully I woke up before I actually had to sing.

Do you think maybe I watch this show a little TOO religiously??:eyebrow:

:lol:

Only about 3 more months till next tryouts!! You got my vote!

While I should be having sexy dreams about Bono & me on a deserted island together rolling around in the sand--you know what I'm dreaming about---American Idol! I dreamed Elliott won. :(

Is anyone else kinda excited to see what Kat is going to wear tonight?

:reject:

Lila64 said:
I saw the spoilers of what the songs will be tonight :whistle:

Lila Please do tell................

No wait don't tell

Yes tell

No don't.............. Are they singing more than one song each tonight?

Interesting.... should be a fun night!!!!!!!!! Can't wait! :wink:

Taylor!!!!!!! :hyper:

I'm sending Chris my carpet cleaning bill, since I threw up all over when he cheesily removed his sunglasses.

Elliott was clearly the star tonight.

Taylor was an embarassment in his first song. A joke. His second song was very good.

Chris was very good in his first song. His second song was ok.

Kat was average on both.

I predict Kat going home. However, Dialidol has Chris and Kat tied for the last spot. :ohmy:

Please don't let Chris go home!!! I didn't think tongith was his greatest but come on Kat forgot the words!!!

based on tonight's performances, I do believe Kat was the weakest. I really enjoyed Elliott and am voting for him a few times tonight :shifty: - okay, more than a few, but I think he deserves it. He's been the most consistent.

Tonight:
Elliott
Chris
Taylor/Kat

as of 2:00am PST, according to DialIdol

DialIdol
Rank Idol DialIdol Score Margin Of Error Actual Rank

1-2 Taylor Hicks 29.749 1.533 -
1-2 Elliott Yamin 29.181 1.539 -
3-4 Katharine McPhee 25.623 1.577 -
3-4 Chris Daughtry 25.241 1.581 -

I loved the Elvis songs, Elliott was clearly the best for me. I voted for him (and it took me forever to get through) and for Taylor based on his performance of In The Ghetto. Then I had to vote for Chris too because I thought he was good as well :shifty:

Katharine is beautiful and so is her voice- but to me she is a torch singer, a potential Broadway star. She was totally out of her element singing Elvis songs. I thought in the first one she just looked silly and fake, and her voice sounded bad. Granted it is impossible for most singers to do justice to Elvis but for me personally it didn't work.

AI-Elvis Has Entered the Building

The Final Four go to Graceland and meet The Joker, oops, I mean Priscilla Presley.

Taylor (Jailhouse Rock)-What a wonderful way to start the show. I’m still smiling. Once again, Taylor completely uplifts my spirits with his joy of performing and fabulous vocals. Fuck you, Simon. It was not karaoke. Taylor was having fun. And if Taylor is having fun, then I’m having fun.

Chris (Suspicious Minds)-Chris puts our minds at ease, letting us know that he wears boxer briefs. I don’t give a crap one way or another. Not being able to find a Nickelback version of “Love Me Tender,” Chris bores me with this song. Instead, I watched my new kitty bat around one of his toys.

Elliott (If I Can Dream)-I was hoping Elliott would get the pimp spot (I was thrilled when Taylor got it last week), but I have to deal with him going third. Looking very handsome in his suit, Elliott really delivers this song with a wondefully soulful, gospel like vibe. Beautifully done. This song may not be as well known as other Elvis songs, but it should be. Elliott should be so proud of himself. The judges, including Simon, give him glowing comments. Did I just fall into a parallel universe?

Katharine (Hound Dog/All Shook Up)-Kat McPhee? Tommy Mottola’s next wife? Kat brings back the dorky theater geek vibe that caught my eye ages ago and has so much fun with this song. There were a few rank notes, but I really enjoyed her high-energy performance. But, oops, she did mess up on some lyrics? Why was Simon so pissy with his critique? Did Kat rebuff his advances?

Taylor (In The Ghetto)-Perfect song choice for my favorite guy. Thank goodness Taylor has the maturity and intelligence to handle this song properly; it’s a pretty serious song and it can’t be song with a pageant contestant smile (Kat, I’m looking in your direction). Taylor’s voice was top notch. Amazing! AMAZING!!! Simon was actually complimentary. Color me shocked.

Chris (A Little Less Conversation)-Is he losing his voice? I guess that’s what you get when you Creed the shit out of your throat instead of singing from your diaphragm. My new kitty enjoyed playing with the tassels on one of my couch pillows.

Elliott (Trouble)-This song made me want to get up and do a bump and grind. I just love this miracle known as Elliott. I’m so glad this sweet, shy guy audtioned for AI and is getting the recognition he deserves. He sung this song wonderfully and he was quite sexy in the process. As much as I love Taylor (no, really), I really think it was Elliott’s night (and I have an inkling, Taylor would be so proud of his BFF). And how adorable is Mamaleh Yamin?

Katharine (Can’t Help Fall In Love)-Maybe I’m stupid, but perhaps this song should be sung with a wistful longing. What was up with the pageant smile? Her performance was so plastic and the vocals were so meh. I heard some pretty rank notes.

Favorites of the night-Taylor and Elliott (everyone faints dead away from shock).
Should go: Chris-because watching my new kitten chase his tail is more interesting.
Will go: Kat

Then again, how knows who will go. Between AI and my stupid job, I’m going to end up with an ulcer.

I was expecting just little more from last night - because it was Elvis night. I was hoping the singers would really work the bluesy, emotional side of the songs more - like they needed to be. There are no bad singers left, but no obvious fireworks either. Anyway, Allegra - I'm with you - I think Simon was spot on right with everything he said. Other than that - here's my good & bad:

Taylor - Good: He engages the audience best. Second song was very good. Bad: First song - think he was nervous & trying a little too hard. Hated that Tootsie Roll suit they put him in. He needed to be in leather then.

Chris - Good: He has a lot of marketable potential with his voice & direction, (Bad: ) but he is totally stuck into one act and one range of tone and mood, which can be monotonous....

Elliott - Good: The guy is singing like there is no tomorrow. He won me over last night. Bad: Even tho I like him, don't think he has the stage personna to be AI.

Kat - Good: She looks like a star & is a good singer. Bad: Agree with MsS, she comes off like a torch singer, or more like an actress. I think she would be a successful entertainer, but it just seems like she should be in a slightly different area of the industry.

Golightly Grrl said:

Taylor (Jailhouse Rock)-What a wonderful way to start the show. I’m still smiling. Once again, Taylor completely uplifts my spirits with his joy of performing and fabulous vocals. Fuck you, Simon. It was not karaoke. Taylor was having fun. And if Taylor is having fun, then I’m having fun.

:lmao:

Sure... that works. Only if Taylor is interested in replacing Weird Al Jankovic... :tsk:

Some people confuse "having fun" with making a joke out of yourself. Taylor, for some random reason I cannot figure out yet, has been able to get away with singing terribly on one song, and doing well on a ballad. I think the public has it completely wrong... if Taylor wins this thing and I end up going to his concert, by the third ridiculous-looking dance, I will be throwing tomatoes on the stage.

No real suprise about this, I guess:

maintaylor.jpg

I also think that Taylor would probably want Elliot to be kicked out, as he stands, in my opinion, a better chance against Chris than against Elliot, both given the fact that Chris has a completely different style and that Elliot has evolved in an impressive way and is, in my opinion, the most talented of them all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom