American Idol 5 Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All AP News
Prisoner Watches Daughter on 'Idol'
Wednesday May 3 7:17 AM ET

Watching his "American Idol" daughter from prison made the time pass faster, Clyde "Bo" Pickler says.

Kellie Pickler was dropped from the show last week when the finalists were narrowed to five. Her father was released from prison this week after serving three years for stabbing a man in Florida.

Watching Kellie on television made time move more quickly, Pickler told "Inside Edition" for an interview to be shown Wednesday.

"I can't take credit for what Kellie's done," said Pickler, who has been staying in a $55 a night Tampa-area hotel room since his release. "She's accomplished a lot in her 19 years of life."

Pickler kept in contact with Kellie through letters during his prison term and he says he's looking forward to an in-person reunion.

"It'll be great to see her," he said. "I'm going to try to patch up a few burnt bridges and get some things back in order."

Whew, Katharine is safe! I was a little worried after her rather craptacular "Against All Odds" last night.

she looked worried when it was down to her & Elliott on the couch. I'm glad they are both safe.

I always feel bad for whoever gets booted, just in that we've followed them from the selection process all the way to the current moment, and then you watch their 'journey' video... and then it's down to the final 4... Elvis next week should be rather fun :yes:

cupcakes.jpg

from bestweekever.tv

Someone loves their American Idols so much they baked cupcakes in their likeness. We’re assuming Simon’s cupcake is devil’s food cake, Taylor’s is made from a mixture purchased in 1972, and Paula’s? Rum baba.

corianderstem said:
Whew, Katharine is safe! I was a little worried after her rather craptacular "Against All Odds" last night.

you said "craptacular" :lmao: I don't know why but that just cracked me up so much!!!!

And yes I must say *whew, wipes forehead of massive sweat* Kat is safe for another week:hyper: :hyper:

^^:lol: Who's the blank one? must be Ryan

Better music next week!!

:applaud:

American Idol Season 5 Encores, a compilation CD of songs by this season's top 12, will be released May 23.

Songs on the disc will include Chris Daughtry's take on Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive," Kellie Pickler's version of Patsy Cline's "Walkin' After Midnight," Taylor Hicks's cover of the Doobie Brothers' "Takin' It to the Streets," Paris Bennett's update of Gladys Knight & the Pips' "Midnight Train to Georgia" and Kevin Covais's cover of Nat King Cole's "When I Fall in Love."

After a few pleasantries, we get to a group sing. I have no idea what the title of the song is but I’m going to call it “Graduation Song 2006”-something about being together as one or something like that. It was such a big bucket of cheese and Taylor, Elliott, Chris, Kat, and Paris were swimming in Velveeta.

Oh, the pimpmercial. I adore Taylor but his Goth S & M football player look will give me nightmares for weeks.

Paris and Elliott are in the bottom two. Both give great sing outs. I wish Elliott would have sung “On Broadway” like this on performance night. Our bubbeleh really needs to do something about his nerves. Someone please teach him some deep breathing relaxation techniques right now.

And Paris is leaving us, which is no surprise. I really liked Paris and I hope she does well. As she grows and gets more life under her belt, I hope she can learn to understand lyrics a bit better and become an even better performer. And I admire her enthusiasm and grace under pressure. She reminds me of all the melodramatic, talented, fun kids I judge in Forensics tournaments.

Next week is Elvis week. Taylor will be the shit and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Elliott will bring his A game. Kat will sing with a pageant-like smile and Chris is desperately looking for a Nickelback cover of “Love Me Tender.”

RavenBlue said:
You know, somebody could pull out U2's cover of Can't Help Falling In Love from Zootv! :drool:

Now that would even get me off my lazy arse and vote for that person - maybe evevn twice!!!

:wink:

I can so see Taylor doing Jailhouse Rock, or Chris :hmm:
Will someone resurrect 'Little Less Conversation' :hmm:
Perhaps Kat singing Can't Help Falling In Love :hmm:

maybe I should grab my daughter's Elvis CD :shifty:

Elliot maybe could do In The Ghetto :hmm:
Taylor would do good with Burning Love. It's a good upbeat song that would allow him to be bouncy and still have good vocals.

Last edited:
They said on Elvis Radio on Sirius yesterday that the contestants are going to be at Graceland today w/ Tommy Mattola - they are going to use the piano in Elvis' piano room :eek: Priscilla and Lisa Marie are going to be there too

here's a pic I took of it when I went there last month :wink:

3469%3B566%3B%7Ffp345%3Enu%3D3235%3E77%3A%3E43%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323365%3B5%3C6438nu0mrj

photos @ Graceland, they are going to add more next week. I can't see the rest cause I'm not a $30.00 or whatever it is "insider"

amidolatgate.jpg

bamidolb.jpg

amidolg.jpg

amidoli.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom