American Idol 5 Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only know Taylor's songs, and the rests' first choices :reject:
'On Broadway' may be a good song for Elliott's voice. It's soulful :dance: But Chris doing 'Renegade' by Styx? :der:

AngelofHarlem01 said:
I have a question. Taylor said he was born in 1976 that would make him 30 years old...I thought the cut off age for the show was 28?

I believe he's 29...he hasn't had his birthday yet. He was 28 during auditions.

Speaking of Taylor...holy smokes! :love:

After his first song tonight, I announced to my boyfriend that Taylor has officially been added to my list of celebrities that I can sleep with without it being considered cheating. :lol: :wink:

Bonochick said:
After his first song tonight, I announced to my boyfriend that Taylor has officially been added to my list of celebrities that I can sleep with without it being considered cheating. :lol: :wink:

You have one of those lists too?
0248.gif

Here is DialIdol's early prediction for tonight... no surprises:

DialIdol
Rank Idol DialIdol Score Margin Of Error Actual Rank
Taylor Hicks 65.387 1.928 -
2-3 (B3)
Chris Daughtry 56.371 2.164 -
2-3 (B3)
Elliott Yamin 55.645 2.182 -
4 (B3)
Katharine McPhee 50.968 2.294 -
5 (B3)
Paris Bennett 46.081 2.406 -

I am starting to believe that Taylor is overrated. His first song was a joke. Pretty bad. He picked it up with the second song, although I do not think that it was necessarily fair to allow him to sing a Beatles song.

Well, everyone did mostly OK. At least one song was good and the other one was either just OK or not so good.

Elliot - stays; first song excellent and second song good

Chris - stays; first song excellent and second song good

Taylor - stays; first song silly and funny but not a singing song; second song awesome job!

Kat - first song really bad and second song really good; she's riding on the fence here.

Paris - Did a good job on both, but she's not as popular as the above mentioned. She doesn't have the charisma as the others as well. She's just all cute and giggly. And that is getting old.

So, if I were in Vegas and had to place a bet, I'd put mine on Paris to leave.

Okay thought tonight was okay Paris just needs to go. "I say thank you for any critique" Whatever! And why was Katherine on the floor for her whole song? That was odd.

ljclary said:
And why was Katherine on the floor for her whole song? That was odd.

Yeah I was wondering about that too. :scratch:

Also, am I the only person who didn't think Chris sounded bad on that second song? I actually liked it a lot, really couldn't tell he was losing his voice.
:shrug:

Chris sounded fine to me. I didn't know anyone's second song, except Taylor's, obviously. I can't vote for just one. Can I vote for 4 out of 5 :lol: :reject:

DialIdol's final prediction has Kat and Paris pretty much tied for the bottom spot... :ohmy:

* begs to the producers not to let Kat go and to have stripper's night next week * :wink:

DialIdol
Rank Idol DialIdol Score Margin Of Error Actual Rank
Taylor Hicks 33.232 1.626 -
2-4 (B3)
Chris Daughtry 27.774 1.692 -
2-4 (B3)
Elliott Yamin 27.643 1.693 -
2-5 (B3)
Katharine McPhee 24.583 1.729 -
4-5 (B3)
Paris Bennett 23.375 1.742 -

I loathe Chris...but I have to admit, his first song was pretty good. His second song reminded me why I dislike him though.

Lila64 said:
what about your phone? :lmao:

:lmao:

I think it's Paris who might get the boot tonight.

My thoughts about last night:

Elliot was unbelievable again but something in the back of my mind keeps saying that he might not make it to the finals because is he really that marketable? Like say CHris or Kat would be?

Taylor was just good - I know a lot of people like him on this board but my feeling about him is he's a great singer but he comes off as trying way too hard in his stage antics. When he tones it down a bit he's really good.

Paris - I didn't think did that great last night. and as a post said a few up from me her best qualities are being young and bubbly and at this point that's not going to carry her through.

Kat - WOW :ohmy: she was really something last night. I'm not sure her performances were up to her regular standards but WOW:drool: - *begs her to stay and have stripper night next week, indeed :up: .

Chris - I'm glad someone else doesn't like this guy (Bonochick:hug: ) other than me. Everyone here at the office loves this guy and I just don't get it. It must be me or something.

CHEERS

I still can't believe how I got so hooked on this show.:nerd:

I'm not too wild about Chris either. I see why people like his voice and that he is marketable, but I wish the guy would LIGHTEN UP!!! All that intensity is very monotonous. :yawn:

last night i thought that kat would definately be in the bottom 2 and then either paris or elliott.

katherine's first performance was absolutely horrible. she was off pitch and the song got ahead of her right from the begining. her second song was better but still not enough of a vocal song. the girl can really sing and that song didn't really show that off.

paris...although she did ok with both her songs it wasn't spectacular and that girl can sing as well. she's quite the little diva on stage that one. kiss was good but not a great vocal performance and the mary j one was ok but i think that paris doesn't have enough bottom end to her voice (if that makes any sense) to pull of mary j convincingly. i still think that mary j is one of the singers like whitney and mariah that people should not sing cause these women are amazing and you can't help but pale in comparison.

i thought elliott did quite well with his first song despite what simon said and even tho i thought "home" was a wrong and odd choice of second song he did it quite well. i basically put him a possible bottom 2 not because of his singing last night but because i think that kat might edge him out on votes based on people liking her in general and not on last nights performance. i personally love him and i can't understand how people don't. i could listen to him sing the phonebook. i :heart: his soulful voice. :combust:

chris's first song was great although i had no idea what it was when i heard it and his second song sounded a bit screechy but still pretty good. he'll definately be around next week.

taylor....god i love this man....his first song i thought was good and very fun to watch. something was amazing. that alone will get him to the next round. still trying to figure out how a 30 year old song is on todays current billboard charts. :huh:

You've really cut to the chase. Chris & Kat appear to be the most marketable. I like Chris, but he has a way to go with lightening up & exploring a different emotion while performing. I think Kat should pursue acting as her primary talent.

YBORCITYOBL, I agree with you about Taylor. I like him a lot. I think he's a good singer. More than anyone else, I like his obvious
outlook on life. I'm not opposed to an occasional stage antic or two, but it can get to be a little much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom