American Idol 5 Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was so worried when taylor and elliott ended up in the same group but i'm so glad that kellie is gone. :dancing:

Golightly Grrl said:
First off, Simon apologizes to Kat (yea, like he’d ever apologize to Taylor). Simon claims he saw Kat’s performance for the second time. Perhaps, he saw her wardrobe malfunction and said, “Ooh, Kat’s knickers. She’s so much better than I originally thought.”

The final six are put into three separate groups of two. I nearly freak when I see Elliott and Taylor on the AI seal. They can’t be in the bottom two. The thought of one of my two favorites getting the boot fills me with dread. Fortunately, they are safe. And Kat and Chris are also safe.

That leaves us with Paris and Kellie. As talented as Paris is, she just doesn’t seem to have the fan base as some of the others. However, she is safe and finally Dill Pickler is no longer kosher. Did Wal-Mart have a huge 75% off sale and all of her fans couldn’t vote? Wow, I can’t believe she’s gone and she didn’t even get a sing out.

What was the 'wardrobe malfunction'? Did I miss something, twice?

Love your Paris/Kellie takes above. I think Paris is next out. Think she's holding on by a thread. And perhaps Kellie did get to sing her song again, unfortunately, but time ran out and only (fortunately) America was spared and the audience (unfortunately) had to withstand the torture. Lucky us :dance:

Golightly Grrl said:
First off, Simon apologizes to Kat (yea, like he’d ever apologize to Taylor). Simon claims he saw Kat’s performance for the second time. Perhaps, he saw her wardrobe malfunction and said, “Ooh, Kat’s knickers. She’s so much better than I originally thought.”

Or maybe, he rewatched her performance and realized that his criticisms were a little too hard on her. She singing wasn't that bad, but the judges ripped her apart for trying to be Whitney when she's not Whitney. Why not tear into Chris for trying to be Bryan Adams?

SunBloc said:

Katherine was movie-star beautiful as always. Beautiful vocals, but missing something. She doesn't seem sincere/doesn't seem to emotionally connect with the songs.

I don't know...after all, the week before she had the most emotional performance I've ever seen on Idol. She CRIED while singing!

OMG, I think Kellie really is THAT stupid...she's SUCH a ditz. She did the Wheel of Consolation on Leno tonight, one of the three "choices" was a cameo in a Universal Movie - she asked "What's a cameo?" :lol: She "won" her own NBC show - a DVD of Celebrity Cooking Showdown.

The third prize was a part in a U2 video! At least she knew who U2 was...somehow I found that a bit scary... :reject:

Pop Artist said:
OMG, I think Kellie really is THAT stupid...she's SUCH a ditz. She did the Wheel of Consolation on Leno tonight, one of the three "choices" was a cameo in a Universal Movie - she asked "What's a cameo?" :lol: She "won" her own NBC show - a DVD of Celebrity Cooking Showdown.

The third prize was a part in a U2 video! At least she knew who U2 was...somehow I found that a bit scary... :reject:

OMG! I just saw this too!

:lmao:

I love watching Leno the night after they get the boot. It's just too damn funny! :lol:

YBORCITYOBL said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That Wal-Mart crack was just great. I agree with you about Paris, surprisingly hse doesn't have the fan base the other's have.

Does anyone else think Chris is REALLY irratating

Well, I find Chris very irritating. I initially liked him, but he seems to take himself so damn seriously. Plus, he's a one-trick pony and the pony isn't even his. Plus, I hate how his wife seems to grovel at his feet. It's creepy.

And not only is he being pimped by AI, he also is getting pimped by my local Fox affiliate. All the anchors are ga-ga over Chris and they even showcased a segment featuring Chris' friends. Damn, they were so boring. An interview with Taylor's fish would have been more fascinating.

As for Katharine, I do think she's very talented and of course, gorgeous, but she's getting so Miss America pagaent-like. Where is the geeky, theater dork girl that caught my eye? As for her wardrobe malfunction, well, while she was performing, the slit in her dress ripped a bit and it looked like you could see her panties.

And I thought Kellie handled her elimination very well and in a post-AI interview, she came across as very self-aware. She knew she had a couple of bad performances and it was time for her to go. I hardly think she's going to set the world on fire with her intellect, but I have to remember that it wasn't so long that I was a very young, naive girl from a small town trying to get by in the big city. Sometimes I feel like I'm a big phony when I go to an art gallery or a foreign film, like someone is going to call me out and send me back to the small town I grew up in. Damn, I can't believe I was nice to Kellie.

According to People magazine, when Katharine appeared on stage, the audience may have gasped, as the dress apparently on stage/with the lights, was a bit 'transparent'. I missed the rip that you mentioned above. Oh well...

Let's go Elliott!!!

Pickler Not Surprised by 'Idol' Vote

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Kellie Pickler isn't surprised she was voted off "American Idol" this week. The 19-year-old waitress from Albemarle says she did feel stung by people making fun of her accent, her malaprops, and her inexperience.

But overall, Pickler says, her time on the hugely popular TV show transformed her life.

She attributes the transformation to her wrenching decision to lay out the painful details of her life, which include a runaway mom and a father in prison.

Pickler says she's no longer ashamed of her life. She's looking forward to her father's release from prison Monday and she's forgiven her mother.

This 19-year-old kid seems like a pretty nice person.

Some of the remarks I have read in here were not very nice.:shame:

i think the theme is Billboard Hits from the year they were born... and then they'll sing another song that's currently on the Billboard Charts... should be an interesting night... at this point, it could be anyone's game... although if Paris doesn't have a perfect night, i think she's gone...

According to DialIdol, Paris is leaving tonight, and Taylor and Chris are in the top two...

Wait, too soon... :D

In any event, here is my Kat picture of the week:

normal_newshoot_%2810%29.jpg

:drool:

youtube is :up:. Free shoes over a role in a U2 video?? Somebody needs to do a brainwave test on the poor girl!

I saw the Pickler appearance the other night. Ironic that the music video was for U2, LOL.

POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW:

rumor for tonight's song choices...

Paris Bennett -- "Kiss" by Prince (Tom Jones in 1988) and "Be Without You" by Mary J. Blige.

Katharine McPhee -- "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins and "Black Horse and Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall

Taylor Hicks -- "Play that Funky Music" by Wild Cherry and "Something" by the Beatles (George Harrison wrote this one)

Elliot Yamin -- "On Broadway" by George Benson and "Home" by Micheal Buble

Chris Daughtry -- "Renegade" by Styx and "I Dare You" by Shinedown

Elliot's supposed song choices both make me yak.

But if Paris' and Kat's second songs are correct, YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom