American Idol 5 Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I can't wait to hear that like 197 times tonight!!!! :wink:

corianderstem said:
The hardest part? Not letting myself get so wrapped up in it. It's easier to watch the show if I take a step back and watch the whole process with a slightly cynical eye. It's harder when I let myself get too wrapped up in it and the results.

I agree. I always watched "American Idol" with a detached interest and often with a fascinated disgust, but not this year. This year I was fully and emotionally invested and it kind of scared me. When Elliott got eliminated last week, I sobbed so hard I scared my new kitty. I barely made a whimper when I was mugged and beaten last year, but someone I never met gets voted off a cheesy reality show and I conduct myself like it's the end of the world.

Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed the performances (even those that weren't so great) and I'm thrilled I able to find out about true talents like Taylor and Elliott and in the end I found those two to be oddly inspiring. They kind of inspired me to believe in myself and to be less afraid about exposing my talents. (And speaking of talents-I'm the the writer of the article you see on the home page about Mary Rose and her work in Africa).

And because we are on the subject of writing, I am so glad many of you enjoyed my AI recaps. I actually found your comments to be oddly touching and heartwarming. Hopefully nerves (or too much wine) won't get to the best of me and I'll be able to write fairly decent recaps about the finale.

Well, I got two tickets to the AI show in Milwaukee at the Bradley Center. I was able to get a couple of good seats doing a pre-sale and the tickets were e-mailed to me. Damn, I'm so old that I remember sleeping overnight at the box office to get concert tickets. Good times.

Anyway, I hope all of you enjoy the show. No fair guessing who I'm rooting for. Snerk.

The CD was up on AOL's site to listen/preview. Bucky & Ace's songs were actually good. I wish they included a different Elliott song, and my days of being a Doobie Bros. fan is long over (sorry Taylor). I didn't listen to them all - Mandisa's version of I'm Every Woman bored me - I didn't even listen to it all the way thru.

***SPOILER ALERT***

According to Insider TV here are the song choices for the contestants:

Taylor Hicks: "Levon" by Elton John and "Living for the City" by Stevie Wonder. The new single he'll be performing is "Do I Make You Proud" written by Tracy Ackerman, Andrew John Watkins and Paul David Wilson. Paul Wilson and Tracy Akcerman have worked with Lisa Stansfield, Al Green, Tina Turner, the Spice Girls, and S Club. Paul Wilson did horn arrangements for The Winans, so the dude got some soul. Thanks folkgirl

Katharine McPhee: The standard "Over the Rainbow" and "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall. The new single she'll perform is called, "My Destiny" written by Hanne Sorvaag.

I was hoping that Taylor would pick "Living in the City". It was one of his best performances, in my opinion. I was rooting for "Something", but "Levon" is a good choice too. I think it's smart to pick tunes from earlier in the season. That way they can sound like brand-new songs to the audience. And maybe he'll change up the original arrangements.

Katharine has chosen two songs she's sung very well. I think "Someone to Watch Over Me" would have been a good choice. It's a song she performed beautifully from earlier in the season. It's a little risky to try "Over the Rainbow" again so soon--re-capturing "magic" can be a risky proposition. And hopefully she'll re-choreograph at least one of the songs rather than spend the whole evening on the floor. Heh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like Taylor'c choices :hyper: Now, to keep my daughter away from the phone tonite :shifty:

Ooh, I looove that second song Taylor is rumored to sing. If he knocks it out of the park, and refrains from at least a few "WHOOs," I might switch teams.

But I reserve the right to be wishy-washy right up until the end. :wink:

Cingular Wireless fans can text the word VOTE to 5702 (I believe, if he went 2nd, which I know he did)

I heard that the songs that were written for them sucked, but Taylor's was apparently less "sucky" than Kat's. I can't vote til the end of the show on the west coast. They don't accept my text messages if I try now (or my phone calls) :shifty:

as a poster on the AI board said, you'd think with the money and popularity of the show, they could afford to get someone to write them a decent song. :tsk:

Should I start part 4 and confuse everyone? This will be closed at 500 posts... so ... I'll start a new thread and post the link here momentarily. Stay tuned!

EDIT: I've tried 3 times to start a new thread. It won't let me :sad:

Last edited:
SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom