American Idol 5 Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion Taylor does not fit the American Idol personna. He's too ....I dunno... goofy. I think its great that he has so much fun on stage and I do think he's a good singer, but I think Kat should win.

Sicy said:
In my opinion Taylor does not fit the American Idol personna. He's too ....I dunno... goofy. I think its great that he has so much fun on stage and I do think he's a good singer, but I think Kat should win.

I know what you mean. I also think that this is the reason why so many people do like him, because he doesn't really fit the mold. I like both of them too, but I'm rooting for Taylor.

Sometimes, when I'm being wishy-washy, I want Taylor to win just because he doesn't fit that pop-chart-ready image.

I don't know if I agree with the saying that Taylor doesn't fit into the AI persona when the winners have all been so different. We have the rocker/pop chick, the blond southern country belle, the hard lifed black R&B (which I will say is do think is the most talenetd) singer and the R&B soul man. I don't think they have a mold and this is why Taylor is so popular. He is different. I think people (at I am) am sick of the bubble gum cheesy pop that Kat will SOOOOO likely do.

By the way scored my tickets this morning to the tour. I am dead center in about the 12th row. I am so excited I feel like I did when I saw NKOTB!!!! (also known as I feel like I am 13 again!!!)

Sicy said:

I feel the same way also. He's not Idol material, where Kat is.

Whoever wins, I don't think either will be met with massive success...Kat just doesn't stand out, I don't see anything in her that differs from other female artists of today. Taylor isn't really marketable to teeny-boppers, he's fun to watch on a reality show but I don't know how much people could take as a "superstar". That's my take.

RavenBlue - checked out your spoiler link. Interesting rumors! Elliott's career is possibly getting a big vote of confidence..

:hmm:

The hardest part? Not letting myself get so wrapped up in it. It's easier to watch the show if I take a step back and watch the whole process with a slightly cynical eye. It's harder when I let myself get too wrapped up in it and the results.

Letterman Top 10 posted (in an email I received)

Top Ten Signs You're Not Going To Be Named Class Valedictorian

10. Blew all your loan money calling in "American Idol" votes for Taylor Hicks. :giggle:

corianderstem said:
The hardest part? Not letting myself get so wrapped up in it. It's easier to watch the show if I take a step back and watch the whole process with a slightly cynical eye. It's harder when I let myself get too wrapped up in it and the results.

I've always been the one to watch here and there and never get too involved. This season though, I am completely consumed by it. It's so addicting. Mainly because there were/are so many likeable contestants this season. I'll miss it when it's over.

She Is Raging said:

I've always been the one to watch here and there and never get too involved. This season though, I am completely consumed by it. It's so addicting. Mainly because there were/are so many likeable contestants this season. I'll miss it when it's over.

me too :sad: :hug:

My daughter wanted to go see the Idols show live when they tour this summer... so I'm taking her. That's my story & I'm sticking to it :madspit: :wink:

She Is Raging said:

OH MY GOD!!! ME TOO!!! I have always watched...religiously I may add for the past 4 seasons..and have voted...every year the person I want gets voted off...and (since now) I have been okay..this year my head has turned around and I have breathed green fire aka psycho....I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF THIS SHOW!!!! When Chris left my world ended...Last week I didn't vote (too mad about Chris)...tomorrow I am voting and voting for Tay (sorry can't stand Kat)

Also I now am going to see them..15th row!!! Woopppeeee!! I may be more excited than seeing Bono!!! (well not really) My Girlfriends and I are designing T-shirts (suggestions needed)

OH YEAH I AM 30!!!!:reject: :reject: (big time):reject: :reject:

^I know sorry we are cheap (although I was a fan club member for YEARS!!!)...I replied!!! PS-where are you seeing them...

OHHH...BOOOO...thought I could meet a fan like me...will post photos and reviews when I go....

Lila64 said:

me too :sad: :hug:

My daughter wanted to go see the Idols show live when they tour this summer... so I'm taking her. That's my story & I'm sticking to it :madspit: :wink:

We saw them at Staples last year...word of advice, get there early....we got there a full hour prior to the show and the Staple center was already out of food; hot dogs, gone, and anything else of value i.e. shirts, etc.

never again, multiply your kid by 20K...

what was it like, besides the problems you mentioned? How do the performances go? Group? Individual? Timing? All cover songs? Do tell
flirt.gif

I've never seen Staples Center run out of food, but then again I was hoping to make a stop at Paul's Kitchen for some Chinese food prior to the show :drool: And I'm not one for buying overpriced souvenirs at a show. I only cave at U2 shows :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom