American Idol 5 Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez Simon really milks the cow

NEW YORK -- Former "Millionaire"-man Regis Philbin is headed back to prime-time TV as host of a new NBC summertime talent competition.

"America's Got Talent" will air twice a week this summer — a competition and a result show. The show echoes "American Idol" for a good reason, since it is produced by Simon Cowell and FremantleMedia, the company that also produces the Fox hit.

The NBC show will include dancers, comedians and other talents instead of just singers.

It has a two-hour debut on June 21, and will air on Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout the summer.

"For years I've thought about hosting a variety show on television but I could never put it together in my mind," Philbin said on Wednesday. "Finally, here it is and I'm thrilled to be a part of it."

trojanchick99 said:
According to a poster on TWOP, Chris will be fronting Fuel. Count me in as a new fan.

I think he would be dumb to take the deal. He is so friggin' popular right now I feel he would be just fine on his own.

What happened to Brett Scallions? Is he no longer the lead singer of Fuel?

Regardless, I think it's a great opportunity for him. Afterall, how many "rockers" are out there by themselves? Most singers like him are in bands so it's a natural fit.

Chris' and Kat's reaction after yesterday's announcement of Chris being sent home...

Chris:

chris12rs.jpg

Kat:

katharine11vj.jpg

:D

:lmao:

I love that "America, you fucked me" face on Chris.

My only regret is that we won't get to see him work with Clive Davis. I still think he might have the biggest career out of all of them.

Chris Daughtry Gets 'Idol' Boot and Offer of a Lifetime
May 11, 2006

Twenty-eight million jaws dropped to the floor Wednesday night as Chris Daughtry got voted off “American Idol.” But don’t think this rocker is down and out.

Only “Extra” broke big news about Chris that’s making headlines from Ryan Seacrest’s radio show to stations across the country.

“You have an offer to be the lead singer of a major band,” Ryan revealed to Chris Thursday morning on his hit radio show. “Theyre going to be on ‘Extra’ tonight, and they’re going to submit the formal offer for you.”

Thursday, Fuel bass player Jeff Abercrombie and songwriter/guitarist Carl Bell came straight to “Extra” with the offer of a lifetime -- they want Chris.

"Chris, if you are watching, we've talked about this before, and if you want to entertain it again we'll take it and go," Abercrombie offered.

Chris’ rendition of Fuel’s “Hemorrhage” was his first groundbreaking “Idol” performance. The band, which has been searching for a lead singer, saw Chris’ performance and they want him in the band.

Well Chris, it’s up to you, but first “Extra” has another “Idol” exclusive. Our Terri Seymour was with Ryan and Randy for LA’s FOX 11 just moments after Chris’ shocking send off.

"Obviously, it wasn't based on singing tonight because the wrong person went home," Randy admitted. "Catherine probably should have gone home tonight."

It’s down to the final three, and Simon came to “Extra” telling us now there are no favorites. “The funny thing about this show is when someone goes, you never know where their votes are going to go,” Simon confessed. “I genuinely don't know who is going to win.”

Excellent :up:

I was watching Access Hollywood or whatever the gossipy shows are. It was the opening story, and showed Seacrest at the radio station and how he got to work 2 hours before showtime and they told him who was going home. He was shocked as well, and the way he delivered the "news" (abruptly)was meant to come off as "shocking".

I feel better about this season now. It's like there will be 2 winners. :up:

Call me bitter but I don't even have the edge to watch the show anymore. I used to count to days until Idol but now I am like...Ehhh....I do like Taylor and will vote now for him but to have to watch Eliott and Kat? I just don't care. ELiott has a great voice but his stage presence is abismal and Kat just sings so loudly....I don't know-I am just sad. Of course this happens to me every year on this damn show!!

^Kind of feel the same way. I'll may watch because I've been watching till now (& want to see what Ryan will say about the events of this week).

Anyone wonder if Chris fans will vote for Elliott or Taylor in hopes of ousting Kat from the competition - In protest for her not going home last week as predicted and sending what most thought was a sure bet for Chris to be in the finals? :shifty: :hmm:

Lila64 said:
Anyone wonder if Chris fans will vote for Elliott or Taylor in hopes of ousting Kat from the competition - In protest for her not going home last week as predicted and sending what most thought was a sure bet for Chris to be in the finals? :shifty: :hmm:

This Chris fan plans on not voting this week unless someone really impresses me. I think all three are comparable to the fact that are all good singers...Taylor is an entertainer-Elliot a crooner-Kat the next pop tart. I really don't have a preference. I am just going to wait and see.

This was in the gossip section of my local paper today

Ace Young is not afraid of getting overexposed after being booted from “American Idol.” In Touch Weekly reports the singing stud was offered $100,000 by Playgirl magazine to pose nude! Young’s contract forbids him from even entertaining the thought, but an Ace insider suggests he might do the spread when his “Idol” duties are done.

Does anyone know how long the contract is, it just through the tour? Just curious about that, I have no interest in seeing Ace naked. Chris maybe :wink:

Lila64 said:

i read an article yesterday

and the conclusion
was a net gain for Elliot

and then again when Kat goes

and Elliott wins it all

MrsSpringsteen said:
This was in the gossip section of my local paper today

Ace Young is not afraid of getting overexposed after being booted from “American Idol.” In Touch Weekly reports the singing stud was offered $100,000 by Playgirl magazine to pose nude! Young’s contract forbids him from even entertaining the thought, but an Ace insider suggests he might do the spread when his “Idol” duties are done.

Does anyone know how long the contract is, it just through the tour? Just curious about that, I have no interest in seeing Ace naked. Chris maybe :wink:

I read somewhere online in a press release today, that this was completely bogus. Who knows though!

***SPOILER ALERT *** SPOILER ALERT***

Some hints regarding Elliott's song choices:

Elliott's Clive Davis song choice:

"Elliott is so happy to have come this far on this journey of American Idol. He listened with an open mind to Clive's song choice and I'm sure you will be very pleased with the outcome."

Elliott's personal song choice:

"I believe you will love this song, even if you aren't familiar with it. Elliott has a way of picking only the best songs and this is no exception to that. Trust me, it'll be the ray of sunshine in your day."

The Judges song choices:

Randy Jackson chose for Taylor Hicks: "You are so Beautiful" by Joe Cocker :yes:

Paula Abdul chose for Elliott Yamin: "What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell :yes:

Simon Cowell chose for Katharine McPhee: "Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland and many others. :yes:

Others

Taylor Hicks - "Try a Little Tenderness" by Otis Redding for his personal song choice. I'm hearing this is a keeper. :yes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daniel Powter to appear on Idol

Singer/songwriter Daniel Powter will perform his song "Bad Day" on the American Idol final performance show, Tuesday May 23th. The song currently sits at Number Two on Billboard's Hot 100, and has held the top spot for five weeks.

:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom