American Idol 5 - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2006, 12:37 AM   #436
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:01 PM
I can't believe Kevin wasn't even in the bottom 3! And I can't believe that both Ace & Lisa were

Old 03-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #437
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:01 PM
Kevin comes across to me like he's started buying his own hype ... except he seems to think his hype is real and not the big joke the show makes it out to be (he's a sex symbol, he's ... uh, good).

I was pleased to see Ace in the bottom 3 tonight. Yeah, Kevin or Bucky should have been there in his place, but I like that America so far doesn't seem to be buying into this hype the judges keep throwing at us. They keep pushing Ace on us, but so far, he hasn't delivered the vocal goods. I like it when the judges' hype backfires on them. And I seriously want to give him a haircut.

As for Ms. Pickler, I don't buy her schtick for a minute.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:42 AM   #438
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:01 AM
I only have 2 questions: WHO is voting for Kevin and why??
Old 03-16-2006, 07:44 AM   #439
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:01 PM
I've read on another board about a site where they encourage people to vote for the worst. Very annoying.

I couldn't believe the bottom three last night (other than Melissa)

Then again, most of the show I spent staring at Simons chest
Old 03-16-2006, 08:05 AM   #440
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:01 PM
Simon's chest Oh yeah back to the question at hand--Why is Kevin still there! Melissa in the bottom 3 Ok--but not the other 2. I guess 10 year old girls are faster dialing their phones than us middle aged folks.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:23 AM   #441
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
I can't believe Kevin wasn't even in the bottom 3! And I can't believe that both Ace & Lisa were
Old 03-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #442
Blue Crack Addict

Kevin stays for the same reason Master P lasted so long on Dancing With The Stars-it's a novelty and people think it's somehow funny to keep him on there. The novelty wears out eventually.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:22 AM   #443
ONE
love, blood, life

I think last night was an eye opener for Ace being in the bottom 3 and having to sweat it out for a few minutes and not coasting like he had been. He'd better come back next week w/ a kick ass performance because this week, he got less votes than Chicken Little. He's got to win lots of fans back.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #444
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SunBloc
I only have 2 questions: WHO is voting for Kevin and why?? [/QUOT

I'm wondering the same thing. This kid has got to go.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:44 AM   #445
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

As for Ms. Pickler, I don't buy her schtick for a minute.
She's like a country-fried Jessica Simpson. I'm starting to find her annoying, not endearing.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 03-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #446
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by SunBloc
I only have 2 questions: WHO is voting for Kevin and why??

www.votefortheworst.com

Apparently this website is taking credit for keeping Kevin around... They also take credit for keeping Scott Savol from last season around way longer than he should have been... They are going to try to keep Kevin around as long as possible, and then after he finally gets voted off, their next candidate is Kellie... The only thing i really like about this site is the page on "The Real Kellie"... but who knows how much is true... somehow, i believe it though... I think she's full of crap!
Old 03-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #447
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:01 PM
I think the internet fans, or anti-fans, (or however you want to label the groups of people who get together and say, "let's vote for so-and-so! There's no way we can lose") comprise a very low percentage of the votes.

Idol gets millions of votes every week. I think the number of people who pay attention to sites like that is lower than the people participating in those sites would like to think.

Internet whackos* not as effective as they would like to think: film at eleven!

*I consider myself an internet whacko
Old 03-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #448
Refugee

Yeah, I don't see how they could really affect the outcome either... All I can think is that if the majority of votes out there go to the top 6 people, then the votes left for the bottom six are probably small enough to be swayed by 10,000-20,000 votes... That may be enough votes to knock the person who was 2nd to last into last... I don't think it will work most of the time, but I think it's possible once in a while, when the bottom two barely got any votes to begin with...
Old 03-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #449
Refugee

Local Time: 08:01 PM
I’m so glad all of you love my AI recaps. I sure have a lot of fun writing them. Yes, it would be great to replace Paula. And just like Paula, I’m short and have pretty long hair. I also have the same amount of musical talent as Paula, which is none. I also have some left over Vicodin after last year’s “unfortunate incident” so I can easily imitate Paula’s best “Valley of the Dolls” moments.

ETA: I think it would be a great idea if AI had a fan of the show as a guest judge. Maybe they could have a contest. Of course, it would have to be someone who is articulate, intelligent, entertaining with a decent amount of musical knowledge. I'm sure AI could find plenty of people like that here or at Television Without Pity where I also post my recaps. I can't imagine them finding them at the actual Idol boards where everyone writes lIkE tHis!!!!111!!!OMG, AcE is SO kutee!!11111

As for the show…..

Of course, we begin the show with the lame product pimping for Ford. However, my inner gay man loved the campiness of it all. And I thought Katharine looked smokin’ hot in her ranger outfit.

And just a quick note: Wouldn’t Kevin and Paris make the cutest couple? Let’s discuss this after gym class, okay?

Ace, not Kevin, is in the bottom three. Clearly televisions need to be taken out of all retirement homes. Those grannies are relentless.

Kellie is safe. Apparently many people find her cornpone schtick enchanting. Or maybe she got the pity vote because her daddy is in jail. Did you know her daddy is in jail? Shh...it’s a secret.

Yet, Lisa is in the bottom three and I thought she did a really good job, certainly better than Kevin and Kellie.

And not surprisingly, Melissa is leaving. I thought she was gracious throughout the entire process. And to hell with Fox for cutting to that hot buttered ass, “The Loop” during Melissa’s sing out.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #450
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:01 AM
AMEN! The whole Kevin thing is just strange. Did you notice the Disney "Chicken Little" commercial on the 2-hr. special this week.
Maybe the folks at Disney are working the phones too!