American Idol 5 - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2006, 08:54 AM   #421
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:37 AM
Chris, Mandisa and Taylor were my favourites for last night.

Kevin really grates on my nerves. I know Simon encourages them to stand up for themselves, but I found the way Kevin talked back to be a bit rude.

Who should go tonight : Kevin
Who will likely go home tonight : Bucky

That's my guess anyway

Old 03-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #422
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:37 AM
Bucky - don't know why he is in the top 12. Although his song choice and performance were very good (for him)

Taylor - still freaks me out, he seems a bit retarded. I do like the subtle change in hair style though.

Kelly is annoying and I don't want her on my tv anymore

Chris - excellent ! I am disappointed that he knew the Chili Peppers version but was unfamiliar w/ Stevie's original.

I like Ms Mghee the best out of the ladies. I think the Kelly Clarkson comparison is valid.

Ace is turning into a bit of a sissy for me lately. As stated earlier, he's probably trying for a boy band sound.

Personality wise, I like Elliot the best, but he has ZERO stage presence. And that might hurt him. (Amish in the Hizzouse)

Chicken Little - first of all, he sucks. Second of all, I think all of the attention he gets as "being cute" and "being a ladies man" etc (although it is all mocking him), has gone to his head and he is no longer a nice young lad, but rather, a smart alec and not funny at all.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:10 AM   #423
War Child

Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
Ok, here's my two cents...
I'm loosing respect towards Paula. I've heard rumors that she spikes her drinks or acts drunk on stage, well, I'm starting to believe it. She's been having less and less constuctive criticism as this show has been going. She's becoming too positive.

She has actually come out and said she is on constant pain killers for cronic pain. For this my heart goes out to her and am sorry she has to go through that. But she acts like an ass. She says nothing negative-slurs her words and just is plain annoying. She was ridiculous last night.

As for the singers-I thought the show was okay-quite boring actually. Chris rocked as usual-Taylor was great-and Paris looked like a show poodle (I thought they now had stylists?!?!)
Old 03-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #424
New Yorker

OMG, Paris - a show poodle--we said pekinese.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #425
Refugee

i taylor!!!! i want him to win.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:30 AM   #426
Refugee

Local Time: 02:37 AM
Hahaha, Paris a poodle... i LOVE it!

My prediction for tonite is that Bucky will get booted.... And i would be happy with that... I won't have to look at his "Jessica Simpson" hair again!

But, what would really tickle me pink is if that dumb as rocks Kellie got the boot... which i know is highly unlikely... the American public seems to have a thing for dumb blondes...
Old 03-15-2006, 01:40 PM   #427
Refugee

Local Time: 09:37 AM
1. Ace Gyllenhaal: Do I Do – Not good. Lots of strained notes. Bringing the pretty will not make up for messing up the song. And unlike Paula, I do not listen, watch, think, and vote with my vagina.

2. Dull Pickle: Blame It On the Sun- She claims she’s not familiar with Stevie Wonder’s music. No shit. News at eleven. “Water is Wet.” She has such a limited range and I’m glad the judges stopped their tongue bath enough to tell her that her performance was no good. Plus I am so sick of her naïve hick schtick. In fact, I’m sick and tired of living in a world where ignorance is considered attractive in a woman. Damn, it’s like feminism never happened! Okay, end of the rant.

3. Elliott: Knocks Me Off My Feet- Very high praise from Steve, which is wonderful and very deserved. Even in rehearsals, Elliott amazed me. I just love his voice. He just needs to work on calming his nerves and get more comfortable on stage. Finally, someone who can do justice to a Stevie Wonder song.

4. Mandisa: Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing –Girlfriend looked positively gorge! I loved her hair. I thought it was cute that she took off her shoes. Can I have them? Oh wait. Ryan wants them. I was not impressed at first, but I think she did manage to bring something to her performance. Mandisa on her worst day is better than a lot of contestants on their best days.

5. Bucky: Superstition- Show of hands, ladies? How many of you wore your hair like Bucky’s to your junior prom? I like how he brought some country fried-grit to a Stevie song.

6. Melissa: Lately- Off on a lot of notes and her rock-like rasp doesn’t really fit ballads. Plus she forgot some of the lyrics, which is probably pretty much unforgivable. Plus, her stage presence is so meh. I see her more of a session singer.

7. Lisa: Signed, Sealed, Delivered- She was finally a lot less robotic than in the past and brought more energy. However, she’s more of a ballad singer than a singer of uptempo tunes. Her outfit reminded me of the outfits that the dancing hookers wore in Pat Benatar’s “Love is a Battlefield” video.

8. Kevin: Part-Time Lover – Kevin and lover should never be uttered in the same sentence. Ew, just ew. I just want to burp him! He even has my nephew, the Fredge’s, hairstyle, Yet, the Fredge is two-years old. Why is he still on this show? Maybe in five years he’ll have something, but now, no, just no.

9. Katharine: Until You Come Back to Me- Mrs. Roper’s cast off caftan really makes her look pregnant. However, she did a splendid job. Some people think she has a Linda Ronstadt vibe and I agree. I’d love to see her sing some of Linda’s old hits from the 1970s. Plus, on a really shallow note, I think she’s so pretty!

10. Taylor: Livin' for the City- My favorite performance of the night! (Half of Interference, "Really? What a shock!) He truly made the song his own and has so much God-given soul that it slays me. He kept the tics to a minimum and the goofy dancing charmed me. He brings such joy to his performing. I liked how he had his harmonica with him like a security blanket. Plus he really cleans up good. The hair looked much better with the side part (and keep the gray, darling) and I loved the pin-striped suit with the shirt tucked in (finally). The pin-striped trousers really emphasized his long legs. Damn it, the man just makes me happy!!!!!

11. Paris: All I Do- Even the stylist couldn’t help her. She looks like Tootie from “Facts of Life” and Arnold from “Diff’rent Strokes” mated. I think she’s a talented singer and performer, but something about her grates. She like “Lil Magic” from an old “In Livin’ Color” sketch.

12. Chris: Higher Ground –Totally rocked the shit out of this song, though I’m not surprised Chris only knows the Chili Pepper’s version. Oh well. He had great command of the stage. Great way to end the show considering the meh of certain performers-Ace, Melissa, Kevin.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #428
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
And unlike Paula, I do not listen, watch, think, and vote with my vagina.
lmao, well I confess when Chris performs there is some thinking of that kind going on for me if he ever sings Blower's Daughter I am a dead woman. God he's hot, he's only 26 and married too. He should lose the pocket chain thing though, I don't care much for those.

I have tears in my eyes from laughing at your review. "Mrs. Roper's cast off caftan" and "Kevin and lover"-just priceless

I would never want Ryan Seacrest touching MY feet, that really freaks me out for some reason
Old 03-15-2006, 02:10 PM   #429
ONE
love, blood, life

Golightly grrl - that review slayed me. you quack me up.

I too think katharine is pretty.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #430
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:37 PM
Golightly Grrl, You are my HERO!!! You need to kick Paula outta that chair & go ahead on!! America would love you!

A side note: I'm from the South. Don't be making fun of my grits! It is an important food group unto itself.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #431
ONE
love, blood, life

Anyone ever wonder how tall Ryan Seacrest is? I do.

He appears short.

So I went to IMDB.com and he is listed as 5 foot 7.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #432
Blue Crack Distributor

to Golightly Grrl. That was dead on and f**king hilarious!!!

and I think Katharine is pretty too. Did Seacrest make the Esquire list?
Old 03-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #433
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl

10. Taylor: Livin' for the City- My favorite performance of the night! (Half of Interference, "Really? What a shock!) He truly made the song his own and has so much God-given soul that it slays me. He kept the tics to a minimum and the goofy dancing charmed me. He brings such joy to his performing. I liked how he had his harmonica with him like a security blanket. Plus he really cleans up good. The hair looked much better with the side part (and keep the gray, darling) and I loved the pin-striped suit with the shirt tucked in (finally). The pin-striped trousers really emphasized his long legs. Damn it, the man just makes me happy!!!!!
he's the reason why i started watching american idol again
Old 03-15-2006, 05:41 PM   #434
Blue Crack Distributor

I liked his shirt too when he was talking to Stevie. Didn't it say 'Got Soul'?
Old 03-16-2006, 12:21 AM   #435
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

No surprise at all. Even she wasn't surprised.

Look out Kevin, you're next.