American Idol 5 - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:55 AM
I haven't followed the show that closely but Mandisa is very good. I have to wonder if it's ok for Ruben Studdard to win but not a heavier woman (even Kelly Clarkson had comments made about her weight). It will be interesting.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:03 AM   #332
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:55 AM
I think Mandisa has the best vocals for the girls at this point. All the others are still very similar. The next two girls to go should be
Kinnick and Melissa.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #333
Refugee

Local Time: 02:55 PM
1.Paris: Gloria Estefan (Conga) – I’ve never been a fan of this song, so Paris’ performance was just meh to me. I love her energy, but I’m afraid she might rest on her laurels. But WTF was she wearing? It was too overwhelming for her small frame. I did like her ‘do, though.

2. Lisa: Tiffany Taylor (Where I Stand)- I never saw the movie “Camp” where this song is from so I was completely clueless. Lisa has a wonderful voice, but she needs to break free from the ballads and do something more up tempo or she’s going to put me and a lot of other people to sleep.

3. Melissa: What About Love (Heart)- I think she found a great song to showcase her rocker chick huskiness. It was a bit pitchy in some parts, but I think she delivered. The judges were being such asses to her. I hope she stays.

4. Kinnik: If I Ain't Got You (Alicia Keys)- I’m sorry, but it sucked. As lovely as she is, I don’t see her staying. Her singing was really rough in some places.

5. Katharine: Think (Aretha Franklin)- I’m glad she brought more energy to her performance and decided to do a more forceful song than the tepid ballads she usually does. However, she didn’t bring the conviction and soul that Aretha brings (well, could anybody?). Still, I like her because she has a total theater geek vibe. I was pretty grossed out about the “rumor” that Kevin provided the baby batter to her “pregnancy.” Ooh, I just lost my appetite.

6. Ayla: Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfield)- She’s getting more comfortable on stage, but I’m not very familiar with the song and I a bit underwhelmed. I can’t imagine her staying for much longer. I like her a lot. She seems like the type of person who gives her all to whatever she does.

7. Mandisa: I'm Every Woman (Chaka Khan)- LOVE HER! She really made the song her own!!!! Chaka who? Keep representin’ the big girls, Mandisa!

8. Kellie “I’m a Mink?”: I'm The Only One (Melissa Etheridge) What was up with the tongue bath the judges gave her? And Carrie Underwood should be very insulted by Simon’s remarks. I may have been a Bo supporter, but I think Carrie is more talented and classy than Kellie could ever be. Kellie Pickler is proof of everything that is wrong with America, where being simple, unsophisticated, and stupid is considered “real.” I’m a college-educated, city-dwelling, white wine-drinking, New York Times-reading, and cashmere sweater wearing kind of gal, and I’m a thousand times more real than this fake-ass bitch.

And did the dog pound look like they were completely bored? We didn’t even get a “wooh” from my sweetie, Taylor!
Old 03-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #334
ONE
love, blood, life

Mandisa awesome

and I actually thought that Melissa was very good, that was an excellent song choice!
Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #335
War Child

Local Time: 10:55 AM
AAAhhhhh..I like Kellie...I would like her to stick around 'cause she actually is quite fun to watch. Unlike Bucky we can understand her and I think she is really being sincere when she has no idea what things are...I thought the calamari comments were great.

Her was my problem with last night. I am getting bored of Paris and Lisa-I thought Paris' song was boring (maybe because I just think that song is boring period) and I am so sick of her clothes!! That dress would have been pretty without the jeans!! As for Lisa I agree with the judges-she is only 16 and for her to being singing about love gone wrong and that her life is right here and now it is just not believable-she reminds me of a high school talent show.

My vote to go is-Kinnik (god she sucks) and Melissa (sorry but my ears hurt after that Heart song and I usually have a vendeta out for people with perfectly ripped jeans)

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!............bring on Chris!!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #336
Refugee

Local Time: 06:55 AM
1.Paris: Like a splinter under a fingernail.

2. Lisa: Boring.

3. Melissa: Still like her. Hope she stays but they're manipulating the audience to get her out of there. Even Seacrest is in on it. Simon doesn't find her visual appealing. Probably going home Thursday unless the governor calls.

4. Kinnik: Snooze.

5. Katharine: Diana DeGarmo did a better job with the song but they give her as much camera time as possible. She'll be around for a while.

6. Ayla: The Lost Weekend is almost over. She can go back to wearing boxers. Only fair that she go back to playing basketball. She's not close to winning this thing and it has always been more of a lark to her.

7. Mandisa: Most likely one of the final four or five.

8. Kellie: Not a thing in her head but she does have more personality and more of a sexual edge than Carrie Underwood. She'll be one of the last three girls.

The Final Three Females:

Mandisa
Katharine
Kellie
Old 03-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #337
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SunBloc
I think Mandisa has the best vocals for the girls at this point. All the others are still very similar. The next two girls to go should be
Kinnick and Melissa.

Mandisa to me also has the best vocals. I thought that Kinnick's song sucked.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #338
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:55 AM
Mandisa does seem to be the best female singer. I'm rooting more for the guys this year. Simons comments about Kellie had me laughing. He doesn't hold much back
Old 03-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #339
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:55 AM
Katharine (who I like) - just did okay with the Aretha song. It's tough to pick a song by one of the greatest singers and come close unless you do it differently and make it your own. When they announced Mandisa was doing Chaka Khan's song, you knew that she was gonna nail it or do it justice. And she did. We called in many votes for her last night (lesser amount of votes for some of the others we like)
Old 03-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #340
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Bunny
Old 03-09-2006, 01:04 AM   #341
Blue Crack Distributor

better than 'Starry Night'
Old 03-09-2006, 01:14 AM   #342
fah
Blue Crack Addict

And I know Ace has 'the look' but I really have a problem guys singing falsetto

~nails down a blackboard~
Old 03-09-2006, 02:29 AM   #343
Blue Crack Distributor

He'll be in the top 12 for his looks/talent. Won't win though...
Amazing how many contestants had twins, ain't it?
Old 03-09-2006, 08:14 AM   #344
Blue Crack Addict

I like Chris, I like his voice and I think he's very sexy

Kevin is so adorable, I want to put him in my purse and carry him like Paris carries Tinkerbell
Old 03-09-2006, 08:45 AM   #345
New Yorker

I still love Taylor! Chris is very good & so is Elliott. Most of the girls are really bad. Kelly Pickler is like a young Dolly Parton & Mandisa is probably the best singer.