American Idol 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yes: You're exactly right Numb.

U2@NYC - just saw your Kelly Pickler photos! :lmao:

Last edited:
have not seen it yet

west coast will be on in one hour

but for for Kellie's twang

if she can get to the Lucinda Willams type
that works for me.

I am not ashamed......

I LOVE BARRY MANILOW!!!

....and WOW does he have a great cosmetic surgen or what?!?!?!:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Paris deserves to win this thing.

Her performance was easily the best of the night.

She's got something the rest don't have.

I would have to disagree with you there namkcuR.
I think many were better tonite than before.

I still think Chris rocked tonite, liked Mandisa, Katharine, Elliot,... daughter still likes Kellie too - Patsy Cline fit her well. I think Manilow improved their game tonite...

going home.... Bucky

Paula was absolutely baked tonight. Very stoned. Very glassy eyed.

I just hope that it doesn't end badly for her. It is a bit like watching a train wreck.

Last edited:
Taylor was not good tonight

his vocals were weak

and that 'footloose' manic thing was scary

Simon was right

Taylor needs to get back in some bar
so people can really appreciate him

Westport said:

I just hope that it doesn't end badly for her. It is a bit like watching a train wreck.

yeah, she came off rather strange :crazy:

Taylor's song was kinda boring and repetitive, but I still like him. Didn't like thecolor suit. I think he stands out more in a darker color, especially with the grey hair.

Was overall a decent night I think... Can't wait for Golightly Grrl's reviews. Where are yours Westport?

Here's a "conspiracy theory" about Kevin.

Maybe American Idol figured "remember, William Hung. He was GREAT! People LOVED him! The guy actually cut a freakin' record! And people bought it! Let's find a William Hung--some nerdy little fellow with jerky dance moves, have him sing incongrous songs about sex, and this time lets keep him. . .milk this guy for all he's worth!"

That's the only way I can imagine how someone so talentless could make it this far.

We'll see if he gets axed tonight. If he doesn't, I'll be convinced that Idol is rigging the votes as well.

It's so sad. Whether he's clueless to the fact that he's a joke or accepted a chunk of change or just the promise of fame in exchange for making fun of himself, it's still sad.

namkcuR said:
Paris deserves to win this thing.

Her performance was easily the best of the night.

She's got something the rest don't have.

I think she is completely overrated...

And very annoying.

She has a good voice.

But I still want her to go home... soon.

I thought Mandisa was the best of the night hands down, I really need to start voting. As much as I love Chris that wasn't my favorite performance from him (but I absolutely agree w/ what the judges said-he is the one who stays true to himself and doesn't compromise-and that is awesome in a performer and in a person in general), and I was so disappointed in Taylor. The rest, :yawn: Thankfully I missed Kevin :wink:

Yes I think Bucky will be gone, rightfully so.

Westport said:

She needs an intervention. Do you see how annoyed Simon is with her-it is getting ridiculous and quite annoying. I feel she makes an ass out of herself every week and we are forced to watch it. Enough!!

Bono's Doll said:
Bucky & Kevin should be gone & then Leisa next. Chris still the man!

Totally agree. A lot of the singers actually have improved since the finals. But it's clear that these 3 need to go!

Bucky and Taylor were all right but lukewarm last night.

I like Ace. Great prescence. Not wild about his sound - still think it sounds boy-bandish. Hoping that he chooses something that rocks more next time.

Elliott is the anti-Ace. Great vocals. Not much stage presence.

Mandisa, Paris, and Katharine will go on. Good performances!

Kellie - Don't like her act & her voice does not make up for it.

Chris is still my pick.

Disney is still marketing the Chicken Little DVD during the show before Kevin's performance. You just have to wonder! Watching Paula is kind of like watching an episode of the Twilight Zone now - it's a sideshow in itself! :lol:

By Jeannette Walls
MSNBC
Updated: 3:39 a.m. ET March 22, 2006

Paula Abdul admits that she’s been acting weird lately. And she says it’s all Simon Cowell’s fault.

The “American Idol” judge has fans buzzing with what seems inappropriate behavior and peculiar expressions — but she’s blaming her caustic co-judge.

“He’s worse than ever,” Abdul told In Touch Weekly. “If they say, ‘Paula is going crazy,’ the reason is Simon is whispering things in my ear, like, ‘What’s the price of beans?’ Things that make no sense at all.”

In other crazy-making comments, Abdul claimed, “Simon gave me advice and said on ‘The X Factor’ he always refers to a fortune cookie and says the moth who finds the melon finds the cornflake always finds the melon and one of you didn’t pick the right fortune.”

Separately, Abdul is said to be upset with Cowell’s favorite contestant, Kellie Pickler for supposedly valuing his support more than hers.

“Paula is a little irked that Kellie is acting as if she doesn’t need her,” an ‘Idol’ insider told the mag. “Kellie has got Simon’s vote, so Paula feels Kellie is working Simon and not bothering with her.”

I despise Chris. He should just get together with Scott Stapp and Chad Kroeger and start a suck rock trio.

Paula is extremely annoying. And her comment to Taylor about how his performance should be an exercise video, and we'd all lose weight was hands down the stupidest compliment I've ever heard. Speaking of Taylor...yeah, I am grossly biased towards him...his performance wasn't the greatest, but it was highly entertaining, and I adore him. Do I think he really should be THE American Idol. No...I think Katharine would best fit that...but I do love me some Taylor like whoa. :heart:

Simon hit the nail on the head about Lisa...it was like a cutesy high school musical performance.

Kevin was just painful to watch. It seems like he has to really struggle and give it all his might to hit each note. Nothing seems effortless about him, which makes it difficult to watch. I just sit there feeling sorry for him and wondering why he's there. Yes, he has a nice voice...but it's nothing spectacular.

Paris disappointed me. I love her, and I love that song, but I thought it was boring.

I enjoyed Bucky. No, he's not the best, but I still think he at least gives a worthwhile performance every week. It's nice to watch him.

Mandisa was amazing. It was nice to jumpstart the show with her awesome vocals.

Kellie's performance was good...I'll give her that...but I still can't stand her.

Elliott was lovely. He is a true talent.

Ace...I :heart: Ace...yes, I think he's a hottie, but I also think he's very talented. However, I absolutely hated his performance last night. I thought Simon was gonna rip him apart, but he actually got good comments from the judges. I was surprised.

Mrs Springsteen - good article! Paula really does need help! Didn't know that Kellie is Simon's favorite (or that if you find a melon, you'll find a cornflake??? What is this woman on!!!! :lmao: )

Bonochick - I think Taylor is the ONLY ONE that is actually having fun. His personality is contagious (hopefully his dance moves aren't!! :dance: :D )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom