American Idol 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am totally with the fan for a guest judge...someone to break and down and be like "what the F--- is wrong with you voters!!!" Please dear God the baby chicken has got to go!!

As for Paris-I do not know which annoys me more-her hair or Kevin's singing-I am in a tie. By the way, funny ancedote-I have long curly hair....really curly...in high I cut it all off up to my ears-I promptly earned the name Pube head-seeing Paris is bringing back all the feelings I thought I repressed.

As for the voting I feel like the voting is just done wrong. I feel (and have felt this way since the Clarkson days) you should vote for the person you want to go not the one you want to keep. Paula suggested voting for everyone you want to stay. Yaeh okay-the show makes me watch for two hours and then I need to stay up and keep voting for another two-no way.

I'm pretty sure that Chris' two kids are not his. I thought that I had heard in one of the earlier episodes that he "married his girlfriend who already had 2 kids and that he treats them like his own"

don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure.

Numb1075 said:
I'm pretty sure that Chris' two kids are not his. I thought that I had heard in one of the earlier episodes that he "married his girlfriend who already had 2 kids and that he treats them like his own"

don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure.

OK, thanks :)

That makes him even sexier, that he treats them like his own

Lila64 said:
I guess Taylor never had a good haircut :giggle: Welcome to Hollywood baby :wink:

Bwah!!! I adore Taylor but he's a little fashion-challenged. You know Carson Kressley's "Queer Eye" treatment? Well, I'd love to give him Golightly Girl's "Blue Eye" treatment.

icelle said:

he's the reason why i started watching american idol again:yes:

Icelle, will you be my BFF? When I initially saw Taylor at the Las Vegas auditions I was thinking, "How did someone's dad get in the auditions?" But I found it endearing how he said he wanted people to hear his voice and when he sang, "A Change is Gonna Come" I nearly fell of the couch. I just knew he had something but I couldn't quite explain it. Someone once said about Audrey Hepburn, "God kissed her on the cheek and there she was." I kind of feel that way about Taylor.

Taylor is truly about the music. He sings and performs because he has to not simply because he wants to. It's genuine. And I keep wondering why this guy hasn't been discovered long before AI. This guy has been busting his ass at the bar scene, yet when I turn on my radio I hear absolute drivel like the Pussy Cat Dolls."

I'm thrilled that man with true talent, convicition, and skills is getting noticed. I bought his CD "Under the Radar" and hope to receive it very soon. I've been reading websites other than Interference and Taylor is getting great buzz. Jenna Fischer, who plays Pam on "The Office" has come out as a fan. I just know we're looking at someone who is on the verge of something major.

Yet at the same time, I feel very protective of Taylor. I don't want him to become some cheesy, fake "product" and I fear that 19 Entertainment might completely strip him of all originality and "Taylor-ness." Let's keep our fingers crossed that doesn't happen. Let Taylor be Taylor, right?

And here is a link to some of his performances. He covers "Superstitious" and it's amazing! Enjoy!

http://www.graycharles.com/2006/03/15/taylor-hicks-new-live-mp3s/#more-82

:applaud: Yay! I'm so glad that Ace got the shit scared out of him last night. And the look on his face seemed as though he really did poop in his pants! :lol:

Lisa was a total shock.

It should have been Kevin, Bucky, and Melissa as the bottom three.

At least Melissa is gone.

You know...if Simon would just keep his stupid mouth shut, maybe there wouldn't be so many people that vote for Kevin out of spite or just plain pity. I think it would be more fair if they would write down their comments and give their constructive criticism after the vote on the following night.

I saw a Simon quote today (I think he gave it in an interview somewhere) where he predicts the final three as Taylor, Chris and Kellie.

Boot Kellie out of that scenario, and I could easily agree with that.

Kellie in the final 3? I don't think so. What happened to Katharine or Mandisa (for the girls)

1_4_45.gif

Kellietrailer2.jpg

A good Crawfish Boil at the Rec Center is a good way to get that community feelin' ...just keep your hands away from your WHoWHo when y'all are done!

KellieTour1.jpg

Hey y'all. Don't forget to visit the public showers at the RV park, its a great place to meet new and interesting friends

Kellietour6.jpg

Hey y'all don't be throwing away those Cool Whip containers when your done with 'em. They make festive and colorful salad bowls for entertaining. Plus they bounce, not break, when the trailer shifts. I'm up to a 12 piece place setting!

Kellietour9.jpg

Hey y'all, don't be throwing away that six pack once your done. Those cans make up into mighty pretty windchimes that you can give as gifts to friends and family!

Kellietour10.jpg

I don't get why Simon's got such a big Idolly hard-on for Kellie. She's not that great of a singer, and we already have one Carrie Underwood. We don't need two, even if this one has a personality (albeit a fake one).

U2@NYC said:
Kellietrailer2.jpg

A good Crawfish Boil at the Rec Center is a good way to get that community feelin' ...just keep your hands away from your WHoWHo when y'all are done!

KellieTour1.jpg

Hey y'all. Don't forget to visit the public showers at the RV park, its a great place to meet new and interesting friends

Kellietour6.jpg

Hey y'all don't be throwing away those Cool Whip containers when your done with 'em. They make festive and colorful salad bowls for entertaining. Plus they bounce, not break, when the trailer shifts. I'm up to a 12 piece place setting!

Kellietour9.jpg

Hey y'all, don't be throwing away that six pack once your done. Those cans make up into mighty pretty windchimes that you can give as gifts to friends and family!

Kellietour10.jpg

:lmao:

U2DMfan said:

It couldn't be because she is hot and adorable.

I know she's cute - I tried to make it sound like it's not a normal hard on Simon has for her. I meant an "American Idol-ly hard-on," like he keeps pushing her on us like she's the greatest singer since sliced bread, or whatever.

Just because she's cute, adorable and/or hot doesn't mean she's a great singer. Which she's not, and neither is Ace, the other one the judges seem to have a big Idolly hard-on about.

Numb1075 said:
let us know how Taylor's cd is when you listen to it.

I'm listening to it right now and it's amazing!!!! I can't believe it's taken so long for Taylor to get noticed. Why is this? Oh yes, the music industry sucks.

As for Kellie, I don't think she's that pretty. Then again, blondes are pretty much a dime a dozen here in Milwaukee. I think both Katharine and Mandisa are far more attractive. And the recently voted off Melissa has the most striking eyes.

As for Kellie, I don't think she's that pretty. Then again, blondes are pretty much a dime a dozen here in Milwaukee. I think both Katharine and Mandisa are far more attractive. And the recently voted off Melissa has the most striking eyes. [/B]

Kellie is more attractive in a Elly May Clampett sort of way but the more we see of her the less attractive she becomes. On the last show they made her look like she should be working the corner of Hollywood and Vine. There were a few exceptions but I wasn't all that impressed by what the stylists accomplished with this group.

Mandisa reminds me of Louise Jefferson.... I don't find her at all attractive but I do like her smile and her sweetness.

Elliot kind of looks like that Preparation H Raymond guy on Conan O'Brien.

Last edited:
Because I have no life and was just on my lunch break, I want to share this article about the contestants and their makeovers.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/61316.htm

IDOL TUNEUPS

By SERENA FRENCH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 21, 2006 -- Secrets behind the singers' makeovers
Clothes make the man - but it's hair that creates pop stars. That's why the final 12 contestants on "American Idol" are given more than a vocal critique. Wallflowers like Clay Aiken are transformed into heartthrobs (or close enough) ready for the Billboard charts.

"He basically should give me 10 percent of everything he makes in his life," jokes hairstylist Dean Banowetz, who gave Aiken his pixie 'do.

Banowetz is part of a team of three - including wardrobe stylist Miles Siggins and makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy - who have been together since the second season of "Idol." Although their work was on display late last week, when the field was winnowed to 11, they spend the entire season thinking of ways to transform the contestants.

"I travel with the judges during the auditions, so I get to see them from the first day they audition," Hussainy says. "Most of them come from smaller towns. They've never worked with professional makeup artists and hairstylists or wardrobe stylists, so they don't know. I have to say, for the most part, they've done a good job this season. Usually other seasons, I'm like, 'Oh my God, I've gotta do something.'"

The team acknowledges that Clay Aiken was the biggest transformation they've ever made on Idol, but they promise some surprises this season.

"I will say that each season, contestants are more prepared," says Banowetz, who introduced Kelly Clarkson to hair extensions for the first Idol finale. "They're very aware and very conscious of their look."

Definite ideas about what they want to wear isn't the only difference. "A lot of girls this year are a lot more savvy to wearing heels," says Siggins. "Previous seasons quite a lot of them didn't know how to walk and we had to give them lessons."

But makeup artist Hussainy was most shocked when she was approached backstage during the top 24 process when Idol potentials don't yet have the benefit of their services - by some of the guys.

"A few times I saw Chris or Taylor, and they were like, 'You're going to be doing my makeup in a couple of weeks right?' And I was, like, 'Yeah. Hopefully.' Because you never know who's going or not."

Makeup-friendliness is good. "I don't have to sit down and have the talk: 'Listen, you guys, you really need makeup for camera.' They've made my life easier. Clay, I have to say, he was completely fine, he let me do what I needed to, but most of the guys were always like, 'Oh come on, I don't need anything.' And then I had to go chasing them down the hallways and finding them in the dressing rooms, to get them done."

The Idols' whole shot at fame in front of 30 million people hinges on a weekly two-hour shopping trip with stylist Miles Siggins, who has styled rock stars such as Bryan Adams. "American Idol" has just signed on with Starstyle.com, a web site launching today where fans can purchase the same products worn by their favorite stars on TV and film.

All the Idol contestants enjoy the trip says Siggins, "but I think in part it's the fact that they can get out and get some semi-fresh air for a couple of hours."

"With Chris this week, we spent, like, half an hour because I knew exactly what I thought he'd like and luckily he liked it."

Siggins' philosophy for Idols is build an image. "You don't necessarily have to dress to the song or dress to the theme. Justin Timberlake has a certain image and Christina Aguilera has a certain image, which she has now changed." But he likes to pace his makeovers. "I hate to try to give people a complete transformation straight away. A lot of these people, especially Kellie Pickler - it's the same thing I said about Carrie [Underwood] last season: she'd never really seen a Vogue. So showing people Jimmy Choo shoes the second week, it would freak them out completely. I remember we bought Carrie a tank top that was 80 bucks, and she said Oh my God! She's used to a Hanes tank for 7 bucks. You need to make sure they still feel like themselves, which is hard because they've got so much on going on."

He also doesn't want to throw them off. "The one thing I do say to everyone is the most important thing is when you get on the stage, you can't be thinking 'How do I look?' You've just got to be thinking about the song."

"We all know the quickest way to get press is to change your look,' says Banowetz. "I've been trying to change Simon's hair for five seasons. I cut his hair but I just do exactly as I'm told. I think after the third season I was like, it's all part of his character. If I changed it now, people might think he's really a sex symbol and handsome."

serena.french@nypost.com

KELLIE PICKLER

Wardrobe stylist Miles Siggins: "Simon complained last week, 'It's like you've gone to Dolly Parton School the way you look tonight.' It was the hair. I'm sorry. If she'd had straight hair it would have looked completely different. Because I thought the dress was great on her and the shoes gave it a little kick. She's this sweet innocent naive girl who had calamari for the first time. We got her a pair of red Steve Madden shoes and we said they're a copy of a Christian Louboutin shoe. She's like, 'I can't even say that.' She's being genuine."

Makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy: "She wore (fake) eyelashes for the first time." On television, she said they felt like tarantulas. "When she's in the makeup chair, she's just the funniest thing. I cannot stop laughing. She's completely fascinated with the makeup world and everything that's going on with her."

TAYLOR HICKS

Miles: "He's a man after my own heart: He loves suits. He's great because he's got that whole Joe Cocker vibe. He likes to look sharp, and it's interesting because he's really not afraid of spending money. He was wearing a J. Lindeberg suit. He realizes he's in front of 30 million people, and it's the only chance he's going to get to impress. He's really going for it."

Hairstylist Dean Banowetz: "I cut Taylor's hair. We de-bulked it, made it more tailored." Ryan Seacrest said it was suggested that Hicks color his hair. "I throw suggestions to every one whether or not they'll do it, it's their decision. He's not the only one I've talked to about getting color. At the end of the day it's there, so if they don't feel comfortable of course I'm not going to force them to do it."

Mezhgan: "I'm like, 'Have you been wearing makeup?' And he's like, 'I asked the girls if I could have some powder.' Before I got my hands on him, he used to do a little something himself."

ELLIOTT YAMIN

Miles: "He's been the big baggy jeans look, so we're trying to streamline him a little bit. Because the camera adds 10 pounds so I'd like to slim him down a bit. I don't want him to become a blob on camera. I took him shopping for Stevie Wonder week and with the white jacket, he was like, 'Wow I've never spent this much on a jacket before.'"

Dean: "I wish he would grow his hair more so we can do fun things with it. Really short hair doesn't look the greatest on camera."

MANDISA

Miles: "One of the sweetest people I've ever met in my life. With her, it is a little restrictive because of her size and she'd be the first to admit it, but we have been able to shop at her favorite store in the world, which is Ashley Stewart."

Dean: "I think she has a really beautiful face and plus she gets hot so when the hair is up, it's a lot cooler. Last week we put the sides up with a flower, because we don't want everybody to look the same."

Mezhgan: "This is a beautiful girl. She's got the perfect eye shape. The only thing I have to worry about her is that when she's on stage she gets oily, so we have to make sure she doesn't look so shiny."

BUCKY COVINGTON

Miles: "He's just such a genuine soul. It must be people from the South. They haven't been jaded by the industry. We're keeping him true to his roots because he is that kind of Southern country boy, so it's denim and western shirts."

Dean: "We love Jessica Simpson and she's got amazing hair, so if you're gonna be compared to somebody, it's gotta be Jessica. He usually has wet hair, he puts it in a ponytail and he goes. I just wanted him to have it down because he's got this great, gorgeous blond hair but nobody ever sees it. I didn't realize he was going to be whipping his head around, which just makes the hair bigger."

Mezhgan: "I got to tweeze his eyebrows and shape them up a little bit more. He just needed a little help grooming him up a bit."

PARIS BENNETT

Miles: "Paris is very savvy. Paris is very eclectic. Every week she wants something completely different. So it's almost like playing catch-up with her."

Dean: "She's very adventurous with her hair so if I said to her, 'I think you'd look cute in this wig,' she'd be like, 'Ahright.' I mean hey, this is their opportunity to really play with different styles and just have fun. Because if you look good you feel better, and if you feel better you have more confidence, and I just love when people are open to change."

Mezhgan: "I'm trying to keep her away from all the blues and greens that she used to like to wear. So I'm trying to give her a nice healthy glow, without looking too made up."

KEVIN COVAIS

Miles: "Kevin's very tricky, and I said to him when we started taking him shopping we can't do a massive transformation on him straight away because it'll be really obvious and he'll just look stupid. If he stays in the competition it'll be a gradual process with him. For the coming week, he's in designer labels but it's not going to look like designer labels on him. But he's very receptive to ideas, because he hasn't got a clue about clothes at all."

Dean: "If you remember when you first saw him he had this buzzed mohawk going on. I love that he's grown it out a little bit."

Mezhgan: "Kevin, he's so cute, he likes makeup now, too. Randy said, 'You're wearing makeup' and he's like 'I like it.' When he came in the next day, he said, 'My skin looks even, I don't have the redness. I like it.'"

LISA TUCKER

Miles: "Lisa's fantastic because she's this secret little rock chick. We've got to keep her young because she is young. It's going to be a lot more slightly funky, kinda rock-y, slightly different, but still young."

Dean: "She has naturally curly hair. When your hair is more curly it's more juvenile and fun and playful, and when it's straight it's a little more serious, more sophisticated. We just want to make her look like she's not so young."

Mezhgan: "With Lisa, she likes a little bit more makeup because I remember for the Wednesday night we did a really nice natural, and then she came back and she's like can you darken my eyes a little bit and I was like, 'Honey, you're so young you don't need all of that.'"

ACE YOUNG

Miles: "I've actually said to him, you know I can go to the mall and see 25 guys who look just like you right now. And if that's what you're happy with, then that's what we'll go with, but you've got to bear in mind you're in front of 30 million people. I'd like to dress him up a little bit more because the short-sleeved T-shirt over a long-sleeved T-shirt has been played to death."

Mezhgan: "Ace loves the makeup chair. He's like, can you cover that little zit up and can you leave my rosy cheeks?"

KATHARINE McPHEE

Miles: "She's very fashion savvy. She used to work in a clothing store so she knows her labels. She'll show up with a pair of Fendi shoes. With her, we've taken her out of jeans and put her in dresses, which she's loving at the minute."(Her dress from last week was Mint.)

Mezhgan: "Katharine was a very natural pretty girl, she has very natural striking features and you can't go wrong with her, so I just wanted to bring out her eyes and give her a smoky look. She's got that movie-star quality and I wanted to give her that flawless, glamorous look. She has a tendency of just putting lip gloss on or she'll do a little bit on her eyes and be done."

CHRIS DAUGHTRY

Miles: "There's a store in L.A. called Lords and they make clothes for every rock band on the planet, so I've introduced him to Lords, and he loves their shirts. They're nothing too crazy, they're very understated, they have some little tweaks to them. But the cuts are fantastic for him."

Mezhgan: "Chris is just a really good-looking guy and with him, he just lets me do what I need to do - foundation, concealer, powder, a little bit of bronzer."

Chris does not need a makeover :mad: :wink: and Mandisa has the most beautiful skin I've ever seen, her face just glows and is perfection. I think it probably radiates from within too. I will have to read that whole article later :) I just read this one on msnbc

Site backs Kevin Covais as worst ‘Idol’ singer
Votefortheworst.com unleashes campaign to keep him on the show

The Web site Votefortheworst.com is at it again, backing the “American Idol” contestant it feels is the worst singer.

This season the site is asking people to vote for Kevin Covais, the singer nicknamed Chicken Little because Ryan Seacrest sees a resemblance.

The site says keeping the bad singers around makes the show more fun to watch. It had a lot to do with Scott Savol sticking around in season four.

If Covais is voted off tomorrow night, the site says it’ll back Kellie Pickler.

Back
Top Bottom