American Idol 5 - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2006, 01:29 AM   #211
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:07 PM
Well... We liked Katherine, Ayla, Lisa and Paris. Mandisa did alright tonite. Some were really weak. Becky might squeak by a little because of her looks. As Melissa said, they've never given her any airtime til tonite, so hopefully she gets another shot to show off.

I think Heather and Stevie might go

bring on the boys!

Old 02-22-2006, 05:30 AM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:07 PM
I agree with your list of the good ones, Lila. I also thought that Kinnik (think that's how her name is spelled) girl was really good tonight, too, personally, but the judges didn't think so, which kinda surprised me.

That one girl, the really outspoken one (name escapes me at this time)-yeah, she was a tad much for me.

Most of the girls did seem to be a bit meh tonight, though, yeah. Will be curious to see how the guys fare tomorrow.

Angela

Old 02-22-2006, 05:39 AM   #213
Blue Crack Distributor

I hate when they pick these slow ballad-y songs. It's so boring.
Kinnik - she was ok - she missed a few notes. Just so-so for me. And the outspoken one is Brenna

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/
Old 02-22-2006, 09:46 AM   #214
Refugee

Local Time: 07:07 PM
Last night my favorite performances were:

Mandisa
Paris
Lisa
Katharine

We'll see what the boys can bring tonight!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #215
Refugee

Local Time: 11:07 PM
Mandisa: Never (Heart) What a wonderful way to start off the show. Mandisa really hit it out of the ballpark. She has a wonderful voice and great showmanship. Let’s hope the judges and the voters can get past her size and pick her for her talent. I think she has a very pretty face and the loveliest smile.

Kellie: How Far (Martina McBride) – Being skinny and blonde doesn’t make one a good singer. And her sob story is getting really old. “Oooh, my daddy is in jail.” Join the club, hon.

Becky: Because the Night (Patti smith) Brings the pretty but she came across as a Playboy Playmate of the Month doing karaoke. Plus she has forever tainted one of my favorite songs!!!!

Ayla: Reflection (Cristina Aguilera) She was better than I thought she would be and a lot less robotic than her previous performances. However, I think she should stick to basketball.

Paris: Midnight Train to Georgia (Gladys Knight) I love this girl so much. Great voice and showmanship. Her enthusiasm was so infectious. I was a little dismayed at her outfit though. She looked like an extra from the movie, “Shaft.”

Stevie: To Where You Are (Josh Groban) She has an opera-trained voice? Are you sure?

Brenna: You Are the Sunshine of My Life (Stevie Wonder) I hate this bitch with the fiery intensity that I usually reserve for people like Ann Coulter and Dr. Laura. She typifies the kind of person who keeps reminding you how fabulous she is but can’t bring the goods.

Heather: When You Tell Me that You Love Me (Carrie Underwood) Who? Don’t let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

Melissa: When the Lights Go Down (Faith Hill) Not too great. It’s obvious that she’s a pageant girl with her plastic-ness. And she wasn’t on pitch.

Lisa: I Am Changing (Jennifer Holiday) Beautiful girl, and poised beyond her years (Brenna, take note). The song was a bit too old for her but I thought she did a great job. I’d love to see her in ten years.

Kinnik: Get Here (Oleta Adams) I think she’s got a great voice and she did a pretty good job. I hope she lasts for a while.

Katharine: Since I Fell For You (B.B. King, Streisand, among others) I thought her singing was wonderful, but her stage presence was a bit meh. And what was up with her left arm? It just hung there all limp.

My faves so far-Mandisa, Paris, and Lisa
Please go-Kellie and Brenna
Old 02-22-2006, 10:16 AM   #216
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:07 PM
I will fully admit that Paris can sing, but there is something about her that comes across as being exceedingly annoying to the point where I want to stab myself with a pencil when she talks.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #217
War Child

Local Time: 07:07 PM
Brenna makes me want to punch a hole in my TV-she is that type of girl that thinks she is all that and a bag of chips but in reality is just another bag of crap.

Ahhhh she is sooooo annoying!!

Thanks for letting me get that out
Old 02-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Brenna needs to go first, then Heather & Melissa next (bland,bland,bland,bland,bland). You can already see who will be the final 2-3 girls, and they need to develop their act quite a bit to sell any CDs.

The snippet preview of the guys made 95% of them look like total dufuses! We'll have to see if there is actually any talent there. Great breakdown Golightly Grrl!!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #219
Refugee

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Brenna: Anyone have a baseball bat? Since she lived alone in a car for a good portion of her life...maybe she won't know anyone with a phone to call in to vote for her. Can't wait to see her face when she's the first sent home.

Becky: Boring Blah.

Mandisa - Likable. But too old. Looked like she was performing in the choir of Sister Act III. Make her the American Idol and we can also have a great pay per view AI Sumo wrestling match: Mandisa vs. Ruben Studdard

Kellie - With a view voice lessons?... Too wooden on stage and the cowgirl, riding a horse stance didn't work...she looked constipated. How can this little thing not have much of a love life?

Kinnik: Wake up people - It's a man. and he's going home a lot sooner than you think.

Ayla - Ok but has this look on her face like there's bad wind in the room.

Paris - Good voice but way too over the top. Fantasia lite. But she'll probably make it to the final six.

Stevie - horrible song selection and looks like a gazelle. I hope she's given another week.

Heather - cute but completely forgettable. Another one brought in strictly for the press photos.

Lisa - Talented and classy but if you listen carefully, it's not a voice you'd want to hear on the radio. It lacks warmth. Maybe it was the song but I don't think so.

Melissa - Nice girl and she has a voice but there was a reason we hadn't heard or really seen her before. There's a bassett hound thing going on. She has bags above her eyes.

Katharine - Great voice and I wanted to dislike her but she is a lovable ditz. The camera just LOVES her. Beautfiul, gorgeous hair, incredible smokey bedroom eyes. And the most memorable line of the night, "Sorry you had to stare at my butt the whole time...oh my god,...it's SO big." Loved that.

Send home: Brenna and Becky
Old 02-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #220
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by SunBloc
Brenna needs to go first, then Heather & Melissa next (bland,bland,bland,bland,bland). You can already see who will be the final 2-3 girls, and they need to develop their act quite a bit to sell any CDs.

The snippet preview of the guys made 95% of them look like total dufuses! We'll have to see if there is actually any talent there. Great breakdown Golightly Grrl!!
Aw shucks, thanks. I was at yoga class last night so I had to tape the show. I watched it once I got home and made notes. Yes, I'm a dork. And yes, I will make notes when I watch the boys tonight.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:46 PM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:07 PM
Well, I have to say.. I wasn't impressed with many of the girls. I really like Kellie Pickler and I would love to see her go far because she deserves it, but her performance was weak last night. Paris I thought, was the best of the girls.

I'm kind of thinking it might be a guys year.. considering there has only been one male winner in the whole series.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:37 PM   #222
Blue Crack Distributor

Interesting observations I like it!

And Brenna won't last since she's annoying the hell out of everyone. Remind you of anyone from last year?

Bring on Ace! And Chris! Hope that the boys choose better songs to sing than the girls did...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #223
Blue Crack Distributor

So tonight's the Guys turn!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:19 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:07 PM
ok,

so the girl that sang "because the night"

said it was the first recording she got and she loved the song

then Simon said if you choose that song

you better do it better than the origonal

my questions

what recording did she get?

and which origonal artist? was Simon talking about?
Old 02-22-2006, 08:59 PM   #225
Blue Crack Distributor

Patti Smith?