American Idol 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't followed the show that closely but Mandisa is very good. I have to wonder if it's ok for Ruben Studdard to win but not a heavier woman :| (even Kelly Clarkson had comments made about her weight). It will be interesting.

Last edited:
I think Mandisa has the best vocals for the girls at this point. All the others are still very similar. The next two girls to go should be
Kinnick and Melissa.

1.Paris: Gloria Estefan (Conga) – I’ve never been a fan of this song, so Paris’ performance was just meh to me. I love her energy, but I’m afraid she might rest on her laurels. But WTF was she wearing? It was too overwhelming for her small frame. I did like her ‘do, though.

2. Lisa: Tiffany Taylor (Where I Stand)- I never saw the movie “Camp” where this song is from so I was completely clueless. Lisa has a wonderful voice, but she needs to break free from the ballads and do something more up tempo or she’s going to put me and a lot of other people to sleep.

3. Melissa: What About Love (Heart)- I think she found a great song to showcase her rocker chick huskiness. It was a bit pitchy in some parts, but I think she delivered. The judges were being such asses to her. I hope she stays.

4. Kinnik: If I Ain't Got You (Alicia Keys)- I’m sorry, but it sucked. As lovely as she is, I don’t see her staying. Her singing was really rough in some places.

5. Katharine: Think (Aretha Franklin)- I’m glad she brought more energy to her performance and decided to do a more forceful song than the tepid ballads she usually does. However, she didn’t bring the conviction and soul that Aretha brings (well, could anybody?). Still, I like her because she has a total theater geek vibe. I was pretty grossed out about the “rumor” that Kevin provided the baby batter to her “pregnancy.” Ooh, I just lost my appetite.

6. Ayla: Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfield)- She’s getting more comfortable on stage, but I’m not very familiar with the song and I a bit underwhelmed. I can’t imagine her staying for much longer. I like her a lot. She seems like the type of person who gives her all to whatever she does.

7. Mandisa: I'm Every Woman (Chaka Khan)- LOVE HER! She really made the song her own!!!! Chaka who? Keep representin’ the big girls, Mandisa!

8. Kellie “I’m a Mink?”: I'm The Only One (Melissa Etheridge) What was up with the tongue bath the judges gave her? And Carrie Underwood should be very insulted by Simon’s remarks. I may have been a Bo supporter, but I think Carrie is more talented and classy than Kellie could ever be. Kellie Pickler is proof of everything that is wrong with America, where being simple, unsophisticated, and stupid is considered “real.” I’m a college-educated, city-dwelling, white wine-drinking, New York Times-reading, and cashmere sweater wearing kind of gal, and I’m a thousand times more real than this fake-ass bitch.

And did the dog pound look like they were completely bored? We didn’t even get a “wooh” from my sweetie, Taylor!

Mandisa awesome:up:

and I actually thought that Melissa was very good, that was an excellent song choice!

AAAhhhhh..I like Kellie...I would like her to stick around 'cause she actually is quite fun to watch. Unlike Bucky we can understand her and I think she is really being sincere when she has no idea what things are...I thought the calamari comments were great.

Her was my problem with last night. I am getting bored of Paris and Lisa-I thought Paris' song was boring (maybe because I just think that song is boring period) and I am so sick of her clothes!! That dress would have been pretty without the jeans!! As for Lisa I agree with the judges-she is only 16 and for her to being singing about love gone wrong and that her life is right here and now it is just not believable-she reminds me of a high school talent show.

My vote to go is-Kinnik (god she sucks) and Melissa (sorry but my ears hurt after that Heart song and I usually have a vendeta out for people with perfectly ripped jeans)

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!............bring on Chris!!

1.Paris: Like a splinter under a fingernail.

2. Lisa: Boring.

3. Melissa: Still like her. Hope she stays but they're manipulating the audience to get her out of there. Even Seacrest is in on it. Simon doesn't find her visual appealing. Probably going home Thursday unless the governor calls.

4. Kinnik: Snooze.

5. Katharine: Diana DeGarmo did a better job with the song but they give her as much camera time as possible. She'll be around for a while.

6. Ayla: The Lost Weekend is almost over. She can go back to wearing boxers. Only fair that she go back to playing basketball. She's not close to winning this thing and it has always been more of a lark to her.

7. Mandisa: Most likely one of the final four or five.

8. Kellie: Not a thing in her head but she does have more personality and more of a sexual edge than Carrie Underwood. She'll be one of the last three girls.

The Final Three Females:

Mandisa
Katharine
Kellie

SunBloc said:
I think Mandisa has the best vocals for the girls at this point. All the others are still very similar. The next two girls to go should be
Kinnick and Melissa.

Mandisa to me also has the best vocals. I thought that Kinnick's song sucked.

Katharine (who I like) - just did okay with the Aretha song. It's tough to pick a song by one of the greatest singers and come close unless you do it differently and make it your own. When they announced Mandisa was doing Chaka Khan's song, you knew that she was gonna nail it or do it justice. And she did. We called in many votes for her last night :shifty: (lesser amount of votes for some of the others we like)

He'll be in the top 12 for his looks/talent. Won't win though...
Amazing how many contestants had twins, ain't it?

I still love Taylor! Chris is very good & so is Elliott. Most of the girls are really bad. Kelly Pickler is like a young Dolly Parton & Mandisa is probably the best singer.

^Kelly Pickler really is like a young Dolly Parton. :laugh: Of the guys last night, I liked Chris the best. Kevin is cute, but not star material (BAD SONG CHOICE - Starry Starry Night)!!!!! Taylor gets my vote on having the most soul.

God. Can Chicken Little please leave already?

His voice is so annoying! :mad:
:wave: to Chicken Little and Gideon.
:wave: to Kinnik and Melissa!

I don't know why the judges like Elliot so much.....
He has a nice voice but they worship him.

Taylor is really starting to freak me out now.

Chicken Little and Will Makar are both leaving tonight.

Bucky - I thought his performance was really good. He wasn't screaming like his other performances. He actually showed some control.

Chicken Little & Will-I concur gone tonight. Bucky is growing on me too--I think he could clean up OK. I have totally forgotten the girls performances--anyone of them could go & I will be OK.

i love the fact that some of the previous contestants who were runners up have hit songs/albums and some winners haven't done crap.

Here is my take on the boys

1.Gedeon McKinney: "When A Man Loves A Woman" - Percy Sledge
I really love this song and I think Gedeon did a fabulous job. Yet, something about him disturbs me. He said he sang this song because he knows how to love a woman…like his mom and grandmother. Just ew.

2. Chris Daughtry: "Broken" - Seether
I think he did a great job, but I’d like to see him expand on his repertoire. I’m sure he’ll stick around and surprise us on the “theme” shows.

3. Kevin Covais: "Vincent" - Don McLean
As much as I like this kid, I can’t imagine him sticking around. He really needs to go. Maybe in five years he’ll really have something, but as of now? No, just no. However, I did like his snark on Simon’s dream about him. And yes, he probably has clinched the granny vote. I’m sure my mom would think he’s adorable and try to feed him some of her chicken soup.

4. Bucky Covington: "Wave on Wave" - Pat Green
I never heard this song so I have nothing to compare it to. I think Bucky did an okay job and his “aw shucks” persona doesn’t grate like Pickler’s. However, I’m just not a huge fan.

5. Will Makar: "How Sweet It Is" - Marvin Gaye/James Taylor
Twenty-five years ago, when I was at Baylane Middle School (damn, I’m old), I would have written his name all over my Trapper Keeper in big bubble letters. However, I’m a grown-ass woman and he just doesn’t do it for me. I do think it’s really cool he’s learning Japanese, though.

6. Taylor Hicks: "Takin' It to the Streets" - The Doobie Brothers, as covered by Michael McDonald
Okay, I admit it. I’m completely smitten by this guy. My heart actually swooped when he sang. He really brought the blue-eyed soul and I love his voice. Yes, he really went over the top with his um, er,….dancing, but I found it charming. Then again, I’ve been a U2 fan for more than half my life, so I’m used to spazoid singers. I also noticed that Taylor has really huge feet. Take from that what you will.

7. Elliott Yamin: "Heaven" - Bryan Adams
I’ve never liked this song so I was already predisposed not to like Elliott’s performance, which is a shame because I think he has one of the best voices among the guys. I hope he sticks around and shows us what else he can bring.

8. Ace: "You Give Me Butterflies" - Michael Jackson
Some people rankled on his falsetto but I didn’t mind it too much. Then again, maybe I’m just blinded by the pretty. And yes, once again, I got totally eye-shagged by this guy. As long as the baby has his looks and my brains everything should be okay. Snerk.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Was I just hearing things or did Taylor randomly yell out "Snow Patrol" when Ryan was talking to him last night?

He dances like Elaine from Seinfeld

Yes, I thought I heard that too!

LOL@ Elaine! He did look like he was doing the "dry heave" :lmao:

my daughter can't stand Taylor and his "moves". I told her to listen & close her eyes. That didn't work either - she just doesn't like him. I like the soul in his voice. And doing a Doobie Brothers/Michael McDonald song fit him very well...

elaine_benes044.jpg

Last edited:
lol @ the pic

He does look like Michael McDonald, hey even Simon liked him didn't he? Or maybe I'm wrong

Too bad Taylor can't give some of his movement to Ryan Seacrest's face :D

Golightly Grrl said:

1.Gedeon McKinney: "When A Man Loves A Woman" - Percy Sledge
I really love this song and I think Gedeon did a fabulous job. Yet, something about him disturbs me. He said he sang this song because he knows how to love a woman…like his mom and grandmother. Just ew.

lol, it was sort of like Donald Trump saying he would date Ivanka if she wasn't his daughter and that she has a great body -he ought to hang out with Joe Simpson.

I like your AI reviews, they're great, highly entertaining :up: :)

And you can have Ace, I'll take Chris :drool: Ace is very pretty too of course

MrsSpringsteen said:
Was I just hearing things or did Taylor randomly yell out "Snow Patrol" when Ryan was talking to him last night?

He dances like Elaine from Seinfeld

I thought he said Soul Patrol.

I think Kevin and Will will head home for the guys tonight.

I like Chris, but I didn't care for that Seether song.

Elliot did seem a bit disconnected to the Bryan Adams song. But at the same time, he really does have an effortless voice. Incredible.

I actually didn't mind Ace's performance this week. He seems to have an Edge thing going on, what with the beanie and falsetto and all ;)

Taylor.. man I love this guy. He's different, unique, quarky and himself. Though I have to admit I did giggle a bit at the weird windmill dance move he did last night.

MrsSpringsteen said:

lol, it was sort of like Donald Trump saying he would date Ivanka if she wasn't his daughter and that she has a great body -he ought to hang out with Joe Simpson.

I like your AI reviews, they're great, highly entertaining :up: :)

And you can have Ace, I'll take Chris :drool: Ace is very pretty too of course

Did Donald Trump actually say that about his daughter?:huh: Well, hello again, lunch.

So glad you like my AI reviews. I sure have fun writing them. In fact, I'm kind of pissed right now because I post my reviews on another board and right now it's down due to maitenance. Ugh.

And as much as Ace brings the pretty, I'm truly a Taylor girl. His love of music comes from a place very real and pure. However, I am a bit dismayed over his hair. Not the color. All of us at Interference think silver hair is the sex. It's the cut that bothers me. He needs to get rid of the bowl cut and man bangs. Either grow it out a bit or channel his inner George Clooney and cut it shorter. Of course, I'd probably faint dead away if he did that..:drool:

BTW, Taylor is shouting "Soul Patrol," which is his long time fan base. Yes, I've googled him.:reject:

Back
Top Bottom