American Idol 5 - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:13 PM
I think Simon has the best ear of the 3 judges too, but I'm really getting tired of the pop and showtunes.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:40 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

And not only did Simon leave the auditions that day, he didn't just go back to his hotel either. He got on a plane and went back home (to L.A. I believe)

I think that part was over-dramatized. After that segment, they said there was only one more audition left, so it's not like he wasted a day.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:13 PM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat
Is American Idol going to be on this Tuesday? I remember last year they were considering running AI against the State of the Union speech but ultimately went with Bush.
My dad also told me there are no more Wednesday shows?? Splain!
There doesn't seem to be any info about Wednesdays show on the website So I don't know what's going on there. Maybe it will be just one audition a week and then they'll get back to the two night deal once the voting starts.

I just checked the satiellite and it has Idol listed for tomorrow night. So I'm not sure what's going to happen there either.

I haven't really cleared anything up... sorry..
Old 01-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #139
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

I think that part was over-dramatized. After that segment, they said there was only one more audition left, so it's not like he wasted a day.
Well, I believe that's what Paula said on Entertainment Tonight
Old 01-31-2006, 09:46 AM   #140
War Child

Local Time: 11:13 PM
Randy Jackson was on Daily Show last night and Jon Stewart really gave him a hard time about how Simon goes out of his way to crush the souls of these people. Not just say - oh you can't sing but also extra cruel remarks aobut them personally.

It makes me think that Simon was a child who was picked on a lot and now revels in his role as a person of power. No one bullies better than the former bullied.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:47 AM   #141
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:13 PM
Based on the huge ratings for these audition shows, I still think Simon is that mean because that's what the people (or a lot of them, anyway) want to see. Fox is paying him to be extra mean.
I'd like to think he's not really that much of an asshole in real life.

I also think a lot of his annoyance this year is toward the producers, who put through the annoying/bad/gimmick singers just because they're bad or gimmicky. They've always done that, but Simon seems very exasperated by it this year.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:07 AM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

I also think a lot of his annoyance this year is toward the producers, who put through the annoying/bad/gimmick singers just because they're bad or gimmicky. They've always done that, but Simon seems very exasperated by it this year.
That really is mean. Some of those people who are terribly bad singers (and thought they had a shot at the prize) looked totally heartbroken. They were passed through at least two rounds of producers. All that for a slap in the face!
Old 01-31-2006, 01:58 PM   #143
Blue Crack Distributor

What I've always wondered is how many of the thousands of people auditioning per city actually get to audition in from of Simon, Paula and Randy... It can't be 10,000 per city - there are not enough hours in day (or money to be paid for that!)
Old 01-31-2006, 02:16 PM   #144
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by SunBloc

That really is mean. Some of those people who are terribly bad singers (and thought they had a shot at the prize) looked totally heartbroken. They were passed through at least two rounds of producers. All that for a slap in the face!
Which just adds another level of delusion to some of these people. You'd think some of them would have a clue that they're being put through just for the sake of the viewing audience's amusement, rather than because they're such incredibly awesome singers.

Especially since this is, what - the fifth time the show has been on? It's not like this is a new thing the producers do. Do these people not watch the show? I'd bet a good chunk of the bad singers are being bad on purpose to get on TV, and even some of the "heartbroken" singers, or the ones who badmouth the judges are just acting.

Last go-round of Idol, there was a girl who sang badly and did a horrid dance as she auditiond with "Flashdance." She made it on TV, and it later was revealed online (she was a poster on the Television Without Pity forums or something, I think) she auditioned solely with the intention of being so awful that she'd get on TV.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #145
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 01-31-2006, 07:20 PM   #146
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

I'd bet a good chunk of the bad singers are being bad on purpose to get on TV, and even some of the "heartbroken" singers, or the ones who badmouth the judges are just acting.

Last go-round of Idol, there was a girl who sang badly and did a horrid dance as she auditiond with "Flashdance." She made it on TV, and it later was revealed online (she was a poster on the Television Without Pity forums or something, I think) she auditioned solely with the intention of being so awful that she'd get on TV.

She was an intern at one of the Tampa radio stations. The radio station sent her to be "awful" and try and get on tv - it worked. After that, I take all of the reallllllllllllly bad auditions with a grain of salt.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:34 PM   #147
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
I sort of wish Pepi the gondolier (sp?) had made it .
Old 01-31-2006, 11:57 PM   #148
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, he wasn't bad. I really liked little gray-haired Taylor at the end. He had a great voice, and I'd put him through based on his song choice alone.

Sam Cooke ...
Old 02-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #149
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, I'm glad they put Taylor through - he was cool. I was surprised they passed on Pepi. Oh well...
Old 02-01-2006, 03:23 AM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

this is the first season I started tuning in
i think i now know
why they hate us