American Cheese, WTF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Are you out of your minds? Who the hell nvented the term "American Cheese" for a thin slice of pre-processed bullshit?

They're Kraft Singles, Disgusting Squares, whatever you want to call them, but I'm curious as to when this 'American Cheese' became named so. I mean, there's a point where a brand name takes over for the proper name of a consumer good, such is the case with Kleenex. But who got the great idea of taking Kraft Singles and calling them American Cheese?

Also, why has this item not been patriotized to Freedom Cheese?

EDIT: Also, if you're south of the Mason-Dixon line, please explain to me why your favourite salad dressing is most likely Ranch. This is a mystery to me.

get over it. and if you keep complaining, we'll bomb Canada.:wink:

ps. ranch is the new ketchup.

mikal said:
get over it. and if you keep complaining, we'll bomb Canada.:wink:
You're currently spread so thin enforcing freedom around the world, we could probably make our way down to burn your capitol buildings again with a few Mounties and a dogsled.

Canadiens1160 said:
You're currently spread so thin enforcing freedom around the world, we could probably make our way down to burn your capitol buildings again with a few Mounties and a dogsled.

:lmao:

I for one am ashamed to have that processed crap named after our country.

yeah...it's pretty disgusting...I would much rather not have processed cheese represent America

But Kraft Singles are good for you! The obnoxious little child on TV says so! :happy:

I hate that little girl.

Canadiens1160 said:
Are you out of your minds? Who the hell nvented the term "American Cheese" for a thin slice of pre-processed bullshit?

They're Kraft Singles, Disgusting Squares, whatever you want to call them, but I'm curious as to when this 'American Cheese' became named so. I mean, there's a point where a brand name takes over for the proper name of a consumer good, such is the case with Kleenex. But who got the great idea of taking Kraft Singles and calling them American Cheese?

Also, why has this item not been patriotized to Freedom Cheese?

EDIT: Also, if you're south of the Mason-Dixon line, please explain to me why your favourite salad dressing is most likely Ranch. This is a mystery to me.

Up your's.

You took a piece of ham and called it "Canadian Bacon."

It's fucking ham.

Last edited:
To be fair, we call it either 'peameal bacon' or 'back bacon', not 'Canadian bacon'. That's something you yanks have done.

As for 'American Cheese', I think its a fitting name... its overprocessed, low-quality swill for the consumption of the masses: just like everything else made in the good ol' US of A.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
To be fair, we call it either 'peameal bacon' or 'back bacon', not 'Canadian bacon'. That's something you yanks have done.

As for 'American Cheese', I think its a fitting name... its overprocessed, low-quality swill for the consumption of the masses: just like everything else made in the good ol' US of A.

Oh, we did it.

It's fucking ham.

And where's "Canadian Cheese"?

Did you even try to make you own cheese?

popcorn.gif

Oh, and this:

poutinemeister.gif

this is "CHEESE FRIES WITH GRAVY"

Fucking Cheese Fries with Fucking Gravy!

It doesn't require some "ethnic" name to
make it sound all fancy pants.

:mad:

"CHEESE FRIES WITH GRAVY"

http://www.hormel.com/templates/knowledge/knowledge.asp?catitemid=31&id=158
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fssa/labeti/mcmancv/por1e.shtml

Butchers don't label cuts of meat arbitrarily, btw. Just so we're clear: back bacon isn't ham in the sense you're implying. Center Loin Roast, Crown Roast, Top Loin Roast, Rack of Pork, Tenderloin, Steaks, Center Cut Chops, Loin Chops, Back Ribs, Canadian-Style Bacon (aka Back Bacon) -- all come from the same part of the pig (and are therefore all cuts of pork or ham) but are all unique cuts.

Take it up with your butcher if you have a problem with that. :shrug:

And yes, 'Cheese Fries with Gravy' doesn't need to be called 'Poutine'. No more than 'Artichoke Hearts' need to be called 'Bok Choy', or 'Celery Root' called 'Celeraic'. I can't really explain that one... except to say 'Poutine' is less cumbersome than 'Cheese Fries with Gravy' -- two syllables versus five. Again: :shrug:

Provel cheese is the greatest American made cheese.

I declare Provel as the new American cheese.

:drool:

Re: Re: American Cheese, WTF?

MrBrau1 said:

Up your's.

You took a piece of ham and called it "Canadian Bacon."

It's fucking ham.
It's only called Canadian Bacon in the US :laugh: And I congratulate to drawing a Canuck or two in this thread into a serious argument, we're very good at taking things too seri0sly in Kanada. :drool:

EDIT: Drop-kick in the NFL for the win.

Flutie5Flakes.gif

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: American Cheese, WTF?

MrBrau1 said:

Flutie Flakes?

That's a cereal in the good ole US of A.

What is it in Canada?

A box of carrots?
We need our nightvision eyesight for hunting wolves. Otherwise they'd eat our dogs and the economy would shut down :mad:

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
We don't need to make our own cheese, just like we don't need to have our own army :D :D :D

because you can hide behind us:happy:

go get your OWN cheese:angry:

Anybody have an idea of what the shelf life of this vile product is? Is it like Twinkies or what?

Back
Top Bottom