Amelie--- What a cool movie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopFly

War Child
I just saw Amelie today, and I've gotta say...there have been only a couple of movies in 2001 that I would really call outstanding, but this was certainly one of them.

Such an entertaining and clever story, and all of the performances were tremendous. Audrey Tatou should definitely have been nominated for an Oscar; she was outstanding.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

bwahaha. Yep, I dragged zoney there and he now thanks me for it.
biggrin.gif
I recommend everyone go see it...NOW!

My #4 favorite movie of all time, after the "Three Colours Trilogy." I've seen this film three times...lol.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Most interestingly, Jean Pierre Jeunet, the director of this film, is also the director of "Alien: Resurrection." In fact, Dominique Pinon (the short guy in the bar who was in love with the hypochondriac woman) was in that film, along with every other Jeunet film I believe, the other two being morbid films. I also think that the boss woman in the bar was in "Alien: Resurrection." Talk about night and day films.
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I feel like such a freak. I am the only person I know who almost walked out of this film. Why do you all like it so much (sincere question)? I think it was its cuteness and cleverness that turned me off, and I found the actress annoying, trying too hard to be an Audrey Hepburn. Normally I love French films, but I didn't get this one's appeal. Or maybe I was just grouchy at the time because of the woman with the monstrous cold sitting behind me--you know how a bad movie experience can ruin a perfectly good film.

Three Colours Trilogy

Now these, I LOVED.

Originally posted by melon:
In fact, Dominique Pinon (the short guy in the bar who was in love with the hypochondriac woman) was in that film, along with every other Jeunet film I believe, the other two being morbid films.
Melon

I remember him being the clone(s) in City of Lost Children.

What role did the head waitress play in Alien???

foray

I dragged another friend to see it on Sunday and was surprised at how full the theatre still was for this movie. It's been out for a while and still going well. Lots of repeat people there. I could tell because you could hear people telling other people with them how much they were going to like this movie and thank them for bringing them.
biggrin.gif

And today I bought the soundtrack and I Loooooove it. Brings it all back.

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I dragged another friend to see it on Sunday and was surprised at how full the theatre still was for this movie. It's been out for a while and still going well. Lots of repeat people there. I could tell because you could hear people telling other people with them how much they were going to like this movie and thank them for bringing them.
biggrin.gif

And today I bought the soundtrack and I Loooooove it. Brings it all back.

-sula

Should have called me!
frown.gif

Saw it for the seventh time and still found more details in the movie. I feel like the film gives me a new lease of life just like how Amelie does to the people around her.

foray

Back
Top Bottom