Amelie From Montmarte (french film) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2002, 07:43 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 12:42 PM
Oh J'aimais thanksggiving film beaucoup , tellement sucrée et innocent et elle rappeler à myself de une jeune Audrey dont prier!!!! se que une très joli s'embuer , le meilleur morceau pour moi était quand il est allé 'ohhhhhh et ohhhhhhhh' en retard sur elle one les revenante - traîne trajet et les terminaison quand il établir son , LOL dans les âgé coupler ayant sexe dans les cantine! Oh et les morceau où elle se dissoudre , véritable sympathique s'embuer et esp ensuite raison MOI met Jimmy Nesbitt!!! Oh luxuriant luxuriant luxuriant!!!!!

Old 01-14-2002, 01:51 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Aaaaghhh! I have been wanting to see this film. And just yesterday I found out they are playing it at a theatre near me. Unfortunately my car is broken, so I will have to find a friend to drag along.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:30 PM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:42 AM
It is sad to notice that in the USA, as I can see, forgeing movies are only showed in specific places, as opposed as here, where American movies are really imposing themselves everywhere. We produce movies and our own movies cannot comete with such amounts of money and the deals made with the... american owned theatres.... we cannot see our own movies everywhere on our own territory.

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : www.unesco.org

Ejército Zapatista de Liberación Nacional (EZLN) : www.ezln.org
"The one who governs with weapons is surely poor in ideas" - Marcos

Solidarités : <A HREF="http://www.solidarites.org

Parti" TARGET=_blank>www.solidarites.org

Parti</A> pour une Alternative Progressiste : www.parti-rap.org
Old 01-17-2002, 12:31 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

woohoo, my car is working now, so I left work early yesterday afternoon and went to see "Amelie". And what a delightful movie it was! The camera work alone made it worthwhile. Charming movie...takes you into a different world, Amelie's world. I must admit, as an outgoing person that would never have a problem meeting strangers, I wanted to strangle her a few times and say "aggh girl, just tell him!!!" but c'est la vie. Was it just me or did Amelie's looks change gradually over the course of the movie. It seems to me that in the beginning, her hair was down in that cutesy little bob that made her seem almost impish, but by the end she was wearing it up which made her look more...err...what's the word...womanly? lol. I dunno, that may just be my reading into it.

Annnnyways, loved this movie and I'm going to see it again and buy it when it comes out on video.

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe and U2 Concert Pics

Ik ben een vrouw, hoor mij eens brullen!!

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 01-17-2002).]
Old 01-17-2002, 02:13 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Yay, sula.

Hey, I noticed her hair, too, but I only noticed that it grew in length thru-out the film. No deep insights like you

The director was Nino? I can't believe it; he is that young and good-looking? Ooh.... Edge move over - this guy speaks French too!

yarof
Old 01-17-2002, 02:18 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I re-checked and Nino wasn't the director of this particular film, but he IS a director. And I agree...quite a cutie. hehe.

OOH, and one of the scenes was shot on my street in Paris! lol. The one where the hostel I stayed in was. I recognized the name. *memories*

I can't wait to go see this again.

-sula
Old 01-21-2002, 01:18 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Did you catch "Amelie" presenting at the Golden Globes? The film was also nominated for best foreign film. So.... go watch!

foray
Old 01-21-2002, 02:10 PM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Holy John:
It is sad to notice that in the USA, as I can see, forgeing movies are only showed in specific places, as opposed as here, where American movies are really imposing themselves everywhere. We produce movies and our own movies cannot comete with such amounts of money and the deals made with the... american owned theatres.... we cannot see our own movies everywhere on our own territory.

Yeah, there aren't many foreign movies that make it out of the few art-house theatres here. Obviously there was Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (which for the record, I didn't think was that good). Generally I wait for the movies to be released on DVD to a local video chain that specializes in foreign films. That's where I first found films like Lock, Stock, And 2 Smoking Barrels and With A Friend Like Harry. If you don't live in the city, it can be difficult to find many films aside from your standard Bruckheimer-produced crap.

------------------
Change is the only constant
Old 01-21-2002, 02:46 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

bwahaha, I went to see this movie yet again this weekend and dragged along (they went willingly actually) two other interferencers, zonelistener and kyra1. And they loved it too!

I want this soundtrack!

-sula
Old 01-21-2002, 04:07 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

I loved the film. Been talking it up all weekend!
Old 01-21-2002, 09:42 PM   #26
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:42 AM
A few years ago, there was a French "3 Musketeers" film with Sophie Marceau as the long-lost daughter of D'Artagnan that was kinda fun.

I'm also fond of Manon of the Spring and Babette's Feast, as far as foreign films go, but being a bad American, I truly haven't seen too many outside of films I was compelled to watch in French class.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono
Old 01-21-2002, 11:19 PM   #27
Refugee

I loved "Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain". It was uplifting without being corny.A magical movie.Jeunet has such a particular and incredible imagination and vision.

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

Nino is played by this french director/actor called Matthieu Kassovitz. He's the one who made this great movie called "La Haine" (or "Hate", I REALLY recommend it !), and "Les Rivière Pourpres". He's really talented. And cute.