Amazing Race 9 - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2006, 01:36 AM   #76
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 11:02 PM
I am rooting for the hippies.

And Trev, I think you have a point there about the non-elimination shows to help the ratings.

Old 03-21-2006, 07:35 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:02 AM
tonight!!

Old 03-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #78
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Old 03-22-2006, 09:32 AM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:02 AM
As much as I enjoyed the daughter visually, that team had to go. The mom in Moscow taking 4.5 hours to dive under water and get a clue tha was 3 feet below the surface and the daughter whining at the gnome search, "i've checked them all there's none left" Obviously you missed 3, since there were 11 gnomes for 9 teams. Plus the mother calling the "ganomes", and they were awful with directions (which brings me to the other stupid team, the pinks, following them, can't find anything on their own, they are not long for the race either).

More and more I am enjoying the antics of BJ and Tyler. They seem to really be enjoying the experience, they speak like 298 languages and seem to be very good guys. Hope that they and the old couple make it to the end. Get rid of Lake and his wife Stream, and get rid of "MoJo".
Old 03-22-2006, 09:51 AM   #80
Refugee

Local Time: 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
seem to really be enjoying the experience, they speak like 298 languages
Yeah, what's up with that? I think they've been able to communicate with just about every country they've stopped in. Maybe they're secretly linguistic geniuses, and they're just waiting for the later rounds to start blowing everyone out of the water. The "hippy" look is just a cover.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:44 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
As much as I enjoyed the daughter visually, that team had to go. The mom in Moscow taking 4.5 hours to dive under water and get a clue tha was 3 feet below the surface and the daughter whining at the gnome search, "i've checked them all there's none left" Obviously you missed 3, since there were 11 gnomes for 9 teams. Plus the mother calling the "ganomes", and they were awful with directions (which brings me to the other stupid team, the pinks, following them, can't find anything on their own, they are not long for the race either).
Agreed. They just really seemed to give up towards the end there. A shame.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by stammer476

Yeah, what's up with that? I think they've been able to communicate with just about every country they've stopped in. Maybe they're secretly linguistic geniuses, and they're just waiting for the later rounds to start blowing everyone out of the water. The "hippy" look is just a cover.
They are very intelligent guys, one a recent Harvard grad, and between them the speak a number of languages.
I don't the hippy look is a cover, I just think they're a couple of young guys just enjoying life. (Eventually they'll have to shave and get jobs, unless of course they win the million on the show)
I think they'll do well throughout, a combination of intelligence, good attitude and reasonably good physical shape (not as athletic as the Florida Mimbos, but young and healthy).
Old 03-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #83
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Great show again last night! Still loving the Nerds and Hippies.

I was not sad to see Wanda & Desiree get Philiminated last night. I saw it coming a mile away. And what on earth were the Pinks doing following them for so long?! It's a race for crying out loud - figure it out for yourself, and don't follow people who are obviously going around in circles!

I noticed that when BJ & Tyler were in the taxi in Moscow after finding out that the race was still being continued, they said that "It isn't over until the Phil sings." Then there was a shot of a building outside, and the neon lights said Phil! Just a weird thing I noticed, but thought it was funny.

I also loved Phil's look at the Frat guys when they were talking about playing tonsil hockey with the Pinks. I would have given them that kind of a look too!
Old 03-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:02 AM
Looove the hippies. They are so easy going and carefree. I thought it was funny too when they came to the mat and the German guy was there and one of them said "Santa!"

Old 03-22-2006, 03:26 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
Looove the hippies. They are so easy going and carefree. I thought it was funny too when they came to the mat and the German guy was there and one of them said "Santa!"

I was surprised noboby commented on how much the German guy looked like the roaming gnome.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:30 PM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I was surprised noboby commented on how much the German guy looked like the roaming gnome.
That's roaming GANome to you!!

Old 03-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #87
fah
Blue Crack Addict

I thought we were going to have the non-elimination pit stop last night So now I'm thinking next week

Still love the Nerds and the Hippies
Old 03-22-2006, 05:32 PM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

I am so glad to the mom and daughter go, I couldn't listen to either of their whiny voices any longer.

Lake is hilarious, he told the wife not to talk if it wasn't positive and then when she started on with how great he was you could actually see him taking it in, approving it and believing it. I could almost hear the " that's right, I am awesome".

I am worried about the nerds, they need to kick it up a notch next week.

Hippies were great, and the mimbos were still fun for me. They are pretty inoffensive so I can't pick on them
Old 03-23-2006, 12:15 AM   #89
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB

I noticed that when BJ & Tyler were in the taxi in Moscow after finding out that the race was still being continued, they said that "It isn't over until the Phil sings." Then there was a shot of a building outside, and the neon lights said Phil! Just a weird thing I noticed, but thought it was funny.

I totally noticed that also!! My favorite part was when one of the hippies had to duck away from the camera to put the Liederhosen on because he had no undies on!! Totally awesome.
And I think they speak every language on the plant so far we are at: English (duh), Porteguese, German, Russian....any others?
Old 03-23-2006, 02:15 AM   #90
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Crap! I missed it cuz I was on the phone!