Amazing Race 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we are about 2/3 episodes behind you here in Australia, which is GREAT cause we usually get shafted with TAR and end up knowing who wins before they even show it (kind of pointless in the end)

So i've read a few spoilers but none too bad yet, i LOVE TAR, its the best reality show out there!!

We didn't get the family one, but it sounds like it was pretty crap? Why was it so bad?? Too many contestants?? To many sooky kids?

argh i can't stand the frat boys! but i love the hippys and naw im sad about the nerds they were sweet. :)

phanan said:
Lake and his wife, whose name escapes me at the moment.

I think I speak for most people here when I say good riddance. :wink:

:applaud: :dancing: Here ye! Here ye!:dancing: :applaud:

I am so glad they are gone. I was so sick of Lake's attitude and how rudely he treated his wife. What an ass. And for her to put up with that....I can't believe what she said in the end sticking up for him saying they get along and make things work. Yea, right! We'll be reading about them in the divorce threads soon, right?

And I am so so proud of the old couple's Franny for making that bungie jump! They are so cute!

I had to laugh watching the 2 hippies wrestling that guy too! Too funny! Those guys are so entertaining! They make the show fun.

Add me to the ranks of those who are thanking the gods that Lake and Michelle are gone. :wave:

It was a pretty good episode, and I'm glad the Hippies are still in it. I was a bit worried at the end because of their penalty, but it all turned out good. The frog hat that one of them wore near the end was hilarious!

Since the Nerds were my favourites, I'm having a hard time deciding on which team I like the most. Frat Boys and Fran & Barry are at the bottom of the list. MoJo is growing on me, and I've always enjoyed the Hippies.

I'm assuming that the next several episodes will be non-Philimination rounds. I thought that tonight might have been one. There are 5 teams left, but still a good amount of episodes left in the season. I'm pretty sure that we'll be stuck with these 5 remaining teams for several weeks.

phanan said:
I was worried for the hippies for a moment. I thought the penalty would cost them, but they made it.
Actually the penalty couldn't have cost them, cause Lake and Michelle would have faced the same 15 minute penalty as 3 teams all were on the train together and got off at the wrong stop and then took the bus, Ray and Yolanda, Hippies and Lake and River. The producers put the countdown up for dramatic effect, but in the end it wouldn't have mattered.

I'm surprised there has not been a non-elimination leg yet.

That was just plain awful how they had they had the penalty for BJ/Tyler shown. But I guess some fans did forget that Lake/Michelle made the same mistake, but for me, it meant unexciting television.

BJ's impression of Lake on the empty bus was dead on.

Loved when Yolanda said "your Momma gonna keep digging" under her breath.

They'll break up.

But Lake and Michelle have many years of marital discord behind them, Ray and Yo have never spent more than 4 days straight together until the race.
Methinks it may be an eye opener and they may have 2nd thoughts.

phanan said:
True, but a TV show isn't exactly the best way to find out if you are compatible with someone or not.
I don't think its the TV show, I think this is their first extended time together ( a few weeks or whatever the length of the taping is), combined with some stressful situations and they may be finding that life together is a little different than their Saturday night date nights have been thus far.

All male/female couples get on each other's nerves at some point in the race. Luckily, Flo and Zack managed to pull it together in the end. Granted, they were never romantically entangled, but they were THE BEST TEAM EVER!

I just burst out laughing at the look on BJ's face as he was getting on the plane especially after seeing everyone elses.

Goodbye Frankenberry (Fran and Barry), if only it could have been MoJo.
Monica ranks as most irritating female racer since racist biotch Kendra.

I'm glad Fran and Barry won at least one leg, and to hang around for this long is a real credit to them.

And I too wish it had been MoJo instead. The yield should come into play next week.

dazzlingamy said:
i cant believe you said flo and zach were the best team ever? are you joking?? I have never hated anyone as much as i hated Flo, she was the most irritating bitch that has ever been on the amazing race! ARGH! lol

glad the hippies are still in :D

I think when Flo won the Amazing Race even her own friends and family were disappointed the other team didn't win.

Zach wins most patience ever for reality show contestant.

Back
Top Bottom