Amazing Race 9 - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 09:10 PM
They TOTALLY should do an Amazing Race All-Stars. That would be fantastic.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 AM
I have no doubt we'll see that at some point.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:10 AM
Glad the Glamazons are gone. Too shrieky and too much complaining. I couldn't pay too close attention since a buddy called and it was an important phone call. Regardless, it was a good episode. I'm excited to see Russia next week!!
Old 03-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #49
War Child

Local Time: 08:10 AM
I thought this episode was kinda boring-I knew it was coming however after them only getting $23!! I love the hippies and the dorks and was sooooo impressed by the older woman last night. You go girl!!

People I don't like-the MoJo couple (I can't stand people that give themselves nicknames....well usless they are cool ones) and the young guys (someone needs to smack them upside the head-tell them they are TV, their comments are degrading and that the are not that hot!!)

I as well think Moscow will be interesting-can you imagine a bunch of crazy Americans and camera men running around in Red Square? Brilliant!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #50
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 04:10 AM
I'd love to see an Amazing Race All Stars! That would really be entertaining.

Last night did seem a bit slow and dull. I was glad the 2 women came in last, the one whiney lady was soo annoying. But Moscow next week should be interesting--for the sights as well as the race.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Actually, an All Stars seems to be in the works. At some sort of reality event (might have been an Amazing Race convention), Colin let slip that he had already been contacted for such a race. Over at an Amazing Race forum, I came up with the following list of who I think would participate in such a season.

Alright......obviously:

1) The more recent seasons will be favored due to more viewers.

2) With the exception of Charla/Mirna, anyone that didn't make it to fifth place or higher won't be remembered by the casual audience. True.

3) Uninteresting winners won't be cast.

4) They're obviously trying to make viewers forget about Family Edition, so.....

1. TAR 1: Rob/Brennan - The original winners, one of the most sucessful teams on a leg-to-leg basis, and the only time that the best team in the Final Three actually won the $.

2. TAR2: Tara/Wil- Always great television. I wouldn't be shocked if they skipped this season entirely in favor of more recent teams, however. Not that this season didn't have tons of memorable teams, but that it happened so long ago, and when hardly anyone was watching. If Tara/Wil don't want to do it, expect Blake/Paige or Danny/Oswald to take their place. The oh-so-boring Chris/Alex may have won, but this is All Stars, not a winner's edition.

3. TAR 3: Zach/Flo - The most memorable team from their season, the most entertaining team in history (with someone to like and someone to complain about), and they won. Easy pick.

4. TAR 4: Jon/Al - Chip/Reichen split up, so that's a nonissue. And while David/Jeff and Kelly/Jon are interesting and likeable teams, the clowns were slightly more memorable.

5. TAR 5: Charla/Mirna - Unfortunately.

6. TAR 5: Colin/Christie - Also, unfortunately.

7. TAR 5: Chip/Kim - The most likeable winners ever, and probably the most memorable.

8. TAR 6: Johnathan/Victoria - Why? Do they need more shoving in a season? I assume so.

9. TAR 6: Freddy/Kendra - Kendra's shenanigans are enough reason for the casting folks to bring these unfortunate winners back.

10. TAR 7: Meredith/Gretchen - Uchenna/Joyce aren't too interesting, they don't want to stunt cast by bringing back Romber.....Ron/Kelly have parted ways, Lynn/Alex aren't too well liked (and weren't great villains either). So yeah, these old fogeys would return.

11. Some TAR 9 Team

12. Ditto (I'd assume 12 teams and one less nonelimination leg)
Old 03-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:10 AM
Interesting.. sounds good!
Old 03-09-2006, 02:24 AM   #53
Blue Crack Overdose

Can't wait for this!
Old 03-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

They should throw Rob nad Ambah in there if they do all stars, just to piss off the competition.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BigMacPhisto

1. TAR 1: Rob/Brennan - The original winners, one of the most sucessful teams on a leg-to-leg basis, and the only time that the best team in the Final Three actually won the $.

2. TAR2: Tara/Wil- Always great television. I wouldn't be shocked if they skipped this season entirely in favor of more recent teams, however. Not that this season didn't have tons of memorable teams, but that it happened so long ago, and when hardly anyone was watching. If Tara/Wil don't want to do it, expect Blake/Paige or Danny/Oswald to take their place. The oh-so-boring Chris/Alex may have won, but this is All Stars, not a winner's edition.

3. TAR 3: Zach/Flo - The most memorable team from their season, the most entertaining team in history (with someone to like and someone to complain about), and they won. Easy pick.

4. TAR 4: Jon/Al - Chip/Reichen split up, so that's a nonissue. And while David/Jeff and Kelly/Jon are interesting and likeable teams, the clowns were slightly more memorable.

5. TAR 5: Charla/Mirna - Unfortunately.

6. TAR 5: Colin/Christie - Also, unfortunately.

7. TAR 5: Chip/Kim - The most likeable winners ever, and probably the most memorable.

8. TAR 6: Johnathan/Victoria - Why? Do they need more shoving in a season? I assume so.

9. TAR 6: Freddy/Kendra - Kendra's shenanigans are enough reason for the casting folks to bring these unfortunate winners back.

10. TAR 7: Meredith/Gretchen - Uchenna/Joyce aren't too interesting, they don't want to stunt cast by bringing back Romber.....Ron/Kelly have parted ways, Lynn/Alex aren't too well liked (and weren't great villains either). So yeah, these old fogeys would return.

11. Some TAR 9 Team

12. Ditto (I'd assume 12 teams and one less nonelimination leg)
I like your choices, BMP! I'd have to go with many of those as well. TAR All Stars sounds awesome - I hope they do it in the future!!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:43 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
They should throw Rob and Ambah in there if they do all stars, just to piss off the competition.
Nah, it'll be Bobby Jon and Steph.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #57
Blue Crack Overdose

Throw a couple in and see if they can handle the pressure
Old 03-10-2006, 07:45 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BigMacPhisto

Nah, it'll be Bobby Jon and Steph.
And Rupert.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #59
Refugee

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Who's going to go home tonight?

My guess is Fran & Barry. They've been in the back of the pack for the entire race, and they make poor decisions on detours.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

^ Bingo.