Amazing Race 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The blondies made a HUGE mistake when they left their passports et al in the changeroom at the pool. If that had been anywhere else in the world their stuff would have been stolen. There must have been a crew member watching the bag to make sure it was there waiting for them when they returned.

Interesting episode last night. I loved seeing Russia - one of my favourite countries! Quite surprising that they pulled the TBC on us - I don't think they've ever done that this early in the race before. I was so engrossed that I didn't notice the time.

I have no idea who will be Philiminated now that the leg is continuing on into next week. I thought it would have been Fran & Barry, but since they all got on the same flight to Moscow, and so many teams had taxi drivers who didn't know where the trolley location was, it's all up in the air.

I absolutely love the Nerds and the Hippies. The other teams are growing on me too, but I still hate Lake/Michelle and Eric/Jeremy. Gah. So annoying. Lake's comments about hoping they would not go to Russia were awful. His attitude alone is deserving of him getting Philiminated.

The car racing next week looks so awesome! :hyper: I'm so jealous of all the fun stuff they get to do.

I have a question, you know the mother and daughter team that did the roadblock where the Mom couldn't dive. Can teams switch players in moments like that? I felt so bad for the poor mother, I was just curious whether her daughter could've switched right there and went to do the roadblock.

Nope - no switching allowed. Once you say that you're gonna take the roadblock, you have to complete it yourself. I can't really remember if there's been an instance where someone hasn't completed it because it was too difficult / they were too scared or whatever.

I felt a bit bad for her too, but once you make your decision you have to stick with it, suck it up, and try your hardest. It's a race, and you didn't sign up to have a nice and comfortable trip around the world.

ThoraSEB said:
I can't really remember if there's been an instance where someone hasn't completed it because it was too difficult / they were too scared or whatever.

When Romber faced the challenge of eating 10(?) pounds of meat, they gave up and were given a four hour penalty.

Last edited:
Ah yes, now I remember! :up: That was a great epsiode!

Rob was pretty clever getting all those teams to give up behind him so they would be guaranteed not to be Philiminated that week.

I like how in the first episode Joe(mojo) called Lake "Scott Peterson." Other than that I don't really like them. I do like the nerds & hippies, and I really don't actually mind the frat guys. They remind me of some of my brothers friends, who,while they don't actually contribute towards making the earth turn, they are not really bad guys!! I would like to see the hippies win. I want the arms that one of the pinks has...holy crap!!:drool: :drool:
Raven - I think Canucks should be allowed in too!!

Ok, everyone remember that this was not a non-elimination episode. Every year we forget how many non-eliminations there were, they only get two. It seems they have gotten around that by extending the legs. I have wondered if they make these decisions on the fly depending on how the flight schedules work out since they can't control flight delays. Or is it an editing decision if they want to help a team in danger of being eliminated stay in the race so they can help with the ratings. :shrug:

As much as I enjoyed the daughter visually, that team had to go. The mom in Moscow taking 4.5 hours to dive under water and get a clue tha was 3 feet below the surface and the daughter whining at the gnome search, "i've checked them all there's none left" Obviously you missed 3, since there were 11 gnomes for 9 teams. Plus the mother calling the "ganomes", and they were awful with directions (which brings me to the other stupid team, the pinks, following them, can't find anything on their own, they are not long for the race either).

More and more I am enjoying the antics of BJ and Tyler. They seem to really be enjoying the experience, they speak like 298 languages and seem to be very good guys. Hope that they and the old couple make it to the end. Get rid of Lake and his wife Stream, and get rid of "MoJo".

Hewson said:
seem to really be enjoying the experience, they speak like 298 languages

Yeah, what's up with that? I think they've been able to communicate with just about every country they've stopped in. Maybe they're secretly linguistic geniuses, and they're just waiting for the later rounds to start blowing everyone out of the water. The "hippy" look is just a cover.

Hewson said:
As much as I enjoyed the daughter visually, that team had to go. The mom in Moscow taking 4.5 hours to dive under water and get a clue tha was 3 feet below the surface and the daughter whining at the gnome search, "i've checked them all there's none left" Obviously you missed 3, since there were 11 gnomes for 9 teams. Plus the mother calling the "ganomes", and they were awful with directions (which brings me to the other stupid team, the pinks, following them, can't find anything on their own, they are not long for the race either).

Agreed. They just really seemed to give up towards the end there. A shame.

stammer476 said:

Yeah, what's up with that? I think they've been able to communicate with just about every country they've stopped in. Maybe they're secretly linguistic geniuses, and they're just waiting for the later rounds to start blowing everyone out of the water. The "hippy" look is just a cover.
They are very intelligent guys, one a recent Harvard grad, and between them the speak a number of languages.
I don't the hippy look is a cover, I just think they're a couple of young guys just enjoying life. (Eventually they'll have to shave and get jobs, unless of course they win the million on the show)
I think they'll do well throughout, a combination of intelligence, good attitude and reasonably good physical shape (not as athletic as the Florida Mimbos, but young and healthy).

Great show again last night! Still loving the Nerds and Hippies.

I was not sad to see Wanda & Desiree get Philiminated last night. I saw it coming a mile away. And what on earth were the Pinks doing following them for so long?! It's a race for crying out loud - figure it out for yourself, and don't follow people who are obviously going around in circles!

I noticed that when BJ & Tyler were in the taxi in Moscow after finding out that the race was still being continued, they said that "It isn't over until the Phil sings." Then there was a shot of a building outside, and the neon lights said Phil! Just a weird thing I noticed, but thought it was funny. :giggle:

I also loved Phil's look at the Frat guys when they were talking about playing tonsil hockey with the Pinks. I would have given them that kind of a look too! :lol:

RavenBlue said:
Looove the hippies. They are so easy going and carefree. I thought it was funny too when they came to the mat and the German guy was there and one of them said "Santa!"

:giggle:
I was surprised noboby commented on how much the German guy looked like the roaming gnome.

I am so glad to the mom and daughter go, I couldn't listen to either of their whiny voices any longer.

Lake is hilarious, he told the wife not to talk if it wasn't positive and then when she started on with how great he was you could actually see him taking it in, approving it and believing it. I could almost hear the " that's right, I am awesome".

I am worried about the nerds, they need to kick it up a notch next week.

Hippies were great, and the mimbos were still fun for me. They are pretty inoffensive so I can't pick on them :)

ThoraSEB said:

I noticed that when BJ & Tyler were in the taxi in Moscow after finding out that the race was still being continued, they said that "It isn't over until the Phil sings." Then there was a shot of a building outside, and the neon lights said Phil! Just a weird thing I noticed, but thought it was funny. :giggle:

I totally noticed that also!! My favorite part was when one of the hippies had to duck away from the camera to put the Liederhosen on because he had no undies on!! Totally awesome.
And I think they speak every language on the plant so far we are at: English (duh), Porteguese, German, Russian....any others?

Back
Top Bottom