Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Last edited:
just turned it on now. i hope to see edge and eddie :cute:

plus i love the who

Speaking as a serious WHO fan from 1967 onward - one of my cousins introduced ne to "Happy Jack"{USA Abum}- seen them from March 1968 onward, { first gig was just BEFORE they grounded the fancy finery (Pete's spangled jacket/ Roger's red velvet jacket) it was gone in their later june & ?aug 68 NYC gigs} .....................

it was a *superb* docu , both in content; the music, what they were influenced by in music & Life itself, relationships with each other, and the visual styling - beyond all the COOL film footage. :hyper:

Ooooooo good......I hope I'll have the $$ by Xmas to buy it!

I am SO GLAD I DIDN'T KNOW that Edge & Vedder were on- they were a *fabulous* surprise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
one thing you can say about me as a R&R fan is that --with the Beatles being the FIRST Rock/Pop band i became a fan of--
while i remain devoted to my Uber Fav bands from over the Decades, and want to turn younger R&R fans onto them---

Beatles/ Who/ Patti Smith Band/ Telvision/ Springsteen/ U2 ---i've never stopped looking for and EXPECTING to keep finding Fabulous bands > both as recorded artisits and !LIVE! performers-- over the decades. {Midnight Oil-- almost makes that cut.....:( wish they were STILL around}

Unfortunately i don't see anywhere near as many as in the past from 67 - 85 i'd seen nearly 175 (NOT counting about 55 more obscure/local bands from 73-81)....alot because of money isues.....

I fianally got to see Eddie Veder on the (vote for) Change tour.
I wouldn't be suprised if I'd seen Pearl Jam live they might be in my top pantheon, as well!

You :hmm: could say The Beatles are above anyone because of their Talent and TRUELY CHANGING the face of popular music...-it was as they say "a Sea-Change"-.......

i was there { at Shea Stadium 65/66}
.......BUT the fact is they stopped touring before some of their greatest stuff was written/played live...........it was B/c Lennon's comments that htey got too many death threats from the USA.

......so without THAT ESSENTIAL {imho:wink:} Ingridient.....I put all these bands I mentioned as equals......

Last edited:
omg.. the part when they played the 9/11 concert... :faint: I remember that performance! BLEW MY FUCKIN SOCKS OFF!! And now watching part of the documentary had me in tears! I was just so moved by it and remember how I felt seeing the performance initially that like nothing I'd ever seen. One of a kind performance with so much emotion and energy you could feel it thru the tv!... WOW!!:ohmy:

I just watched it this morning & taped it as well. I had tears during the 2001 NYC show as well. Great documentary - try & catch it if you can! :up:

they showed the clip of the hollywood bowl show they did 4 days after john E. died. We were at that show.. so emotional I tell ya...:ohmy:

I still can't get over that 9/11 nyc performance... :rockon:

anyone who hasn't seen this MUST SEE IT!!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
they showed the clip of the hollywood bowl show they did 4 days after john E. died. We were at that show.. so emotional I tell ya...:ohmy:

wow! that must have been so intense.
Poor John. He was SUCH an amzing Bass player! it's where you heard the phrase "lead bass" conjured up!

WHen Pete said he turned sometimes looking fro John on stage. :(

I'm really glad Rog & Pete have managed to create a deeper freindship, after all thse years- besides the incredible tehters they had to each other being in that band.

Even with some os the taping problems running synth tapes Quadrophrenia in show WAS incredible.:lock:

I did see them do Tommy AT The MEt Opera House! I ran from our 2nd balocny seats right down to the left side FRONT ROW Aisle to take photos b4 i got told to go back to my seat! :p to the security :giggle:

and BETTER YET OMFG!!!! TOMMY AT THe FIlmore EAST!!! :drool: :drool: with the Jushua LIght SHow.it WAS Physchedlia in music and lights!!!

and The Who's next shows in NYC esp the 2nd one OMFG again some of the BEST Live rock ever!!!

Lila64 said:
my friends were at that Bowl show too I believe :sad:

Now I wish they were touring and I could see them again :sigh:

some one said in some print article they thot thatthe lyrics on ? Wire & Glass seem to pouint to ther last tour, but hey WHo Knows! :wink:

maybe they'll been inspired to try again. hopefull I'll have some EXTRA money of that kind. not just the 10 - 15 dollars here & there {for which I AM GRATEFUL FOR, despite my occasional griping}.

:rockon: I watched this last night, and I thought it was absolutely great. The Who were truly one of the greatest live acts of all time. I miss John and Keith now. :sad:

and I played 'Live At Leeds' on Sunday in honor. May have to pop in another title if I have time today...

600px-The_Who_Logo.svg.png

I listened to Who Sings My Generation and A Quick One today in their honor.

Early Who...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom