Am I the only person here who doesn't give a crap about Harry Potter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I read the first book shortly before the first movie came out and was pretty underwhelmed.

I admit, J.K. Rowling is up to some fairly sophisticated stuff for a children's book. I just couldn't work up enough interest to keep reading.

I think my biggest problem was that as a character Harry is just so friggin' boring compared to just about anybody else in the story. Hermione and Snape and even Ron had 1,000 times more personality than him.

I tried to watch a couple of the movies, but the special effects were just too cheesy for me. And the way the theme music blatantly ripped off "Swan Lake" annoyed the crap out of me.

I feel like I should turn in my geek card or something.

(Ducks rotten tomatoes).

How can you be sick of Harry Potter. When I went into buy my book the other night, I saw 40-45 year old men dressed as wizards. I watched them for awhile to see which kids were theirs - no kids ever came. :lmao:

Thank you Harry Potter. Thank you.

Dalton said:
How can you be sick of Harry Potter. When I went into buy my book the other night, I saw 40-45 year old men dressed as wizards. I watched them for awhile to see which kids were theirs - no kids ever came. :lmao:

Thank you Harry Potter. Thank you.

And that is what scares the crap out of me with HP!! :yikes:

love_u2_adam said:
i went and got a Cozmo at midnight. and got harry potter jelly beans fo free!!!! and cup cakes and i didn't even buy the fricking book. i got a mag!!!!!! ahahahaha i got sooo stared at. thank god my friend was there

Hi. You're my hero. :lol:

I feel like I am the only person in NZ who isn't Harry Potter crazy. It's unbelievable - even the lecturers at my uni are talking about Harry Potter. I don't understand. I tried reading the first book, but it just seemed kind of simplistic and a little cliched to me! I'd read Lord of the Rings instead any day!

I had to read the first book in Year 6, and I found it really boring. I haven't been able to get into since... which I'm very proud of. I don't really like fantasy writing anyway (other than from classics, like Homer) so I guess it wasn't meant to be my thing.

So no, you're most definitely not alone.

I have nothing against Harry Potter and I think it's great that tons of people love it and it is a book instead of a video game that is captivating millions of children (and adults) worldwide, but I haven't gotten into the craze yet. Maybe I will start after all the frenzy is over. ALl my friends do the parties...waiting for the movies or the books to come out and I am never invited...because they know I don't know anything about it and I really don't care.

I don't have anything against HP, I just haven't read one single book and don't intend to so so in the future. It's the hype that is getting on my nerves right now, and it will be even bigger here when the German translation of the book comes out in October.
But over all I think it's a good thing that children are reading again, instead of spending all their time on the computer.
I guess it's a good sign that books aren't "dead" after all.

mystery girl said:
I feel like I am the only person in NZ who isn't Harry Potter crazy. It's unbelievable - even the lecturers at my uni are talking about Harry Potter. I don't understand. I tried reading the first book, but it just seemed kind of simplistic and a little cliched to me! I'd read Lord of the Rings instead any day!

:wave: Another kiwi right here!! I have nothing against Harry or JK Rowling....it's just that neither push my button. The whole HP craze is unreal....if not a little amusing...

fly so high! said:
Am i the only person who does not give a crap about someone who does not give a crap about Harry Potter!

Well you give enough of a crap to post here....:giggle:, but yeah, I doubt either that anyone here will give a crap, that you don't give a crap about us not giving a crap! :wink:

Last edited:
I must say I qualify too... I've never read a single book, seen a single movie. Just don't get what all the fuss is about :shrug:

gluey said:

Well you give enough of a crap to post here....:giggle:, but yeah, I doubt either that anyone here will give a crap, that you don't give a crap about us not giving a crap! :wink:

Oh yeah.....well, I don't give a crap that you don't think anyone here give's a crap that i don't give a crap about anyone not giving a crap about HP!!!!!

:wink:

But seriously i am hangin' out BAD to get the book....I got a pre-order voucher for my B'day, but the line-up at Borders was beyond stupid on Saturday and them my darling little girl has been sick so i have not got a chance getting to the shops, maybe tomorrow......and i have to say it has been so hard not to punch the lights out of every frikkin' little bastard that is trying to spoil it by telling me "I'll tell ya what happens, I've read the last chapter!" :mad:

Damn spoilers.....I have almost become a recluse!

Back
Top Bottom