Am I the only one who got the DOVES new Bonus Disc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali Rose

New Yorker
Everyone I know who has the Last Broadcast has no idea what i'm talking about when i talk of the Bonus disc....Does anyone else have it?? I wanna talk about how wonderful it is!!!

I just popped it in last week for the first time and it is so unbelievably beautiful and Melancholy I just wanna marry it!!:heart:

Anyone???

Dood I was just at best buy a couple hours ago and thats the only one they have-WITH the bonus disc!

Any how I can't stop listening to it. I burned a copy so I could have one in my car and one in my room without having to transfer...:reject:

and MmmmBono--

GO LISTEN TO IT NOW!!! Song #1 is just a remake of Warren zevon, and its ok, but the other 3.....:drool: :love: :heart:

Baahh I freaking finally bought LB the other day w/ the sweet, sweet bonus disc!! I'm excited indeed.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I bought my copy of "The Last Broadcast" today at Fleet Farm (a big box store kind of like K-Mart or Wal-Mart) and it had the bonus disc! I had a gift certificate to that store and I was looking through the crappy selection of CDs hoping to find something I actually wanted to get, and there it was! :up:

I still havent listened to the bonus disc, but I do have it. I personally like Lost Souls far more than Last Broadcast as a whole. Dont get me wrong, Last Broadcast has some great songs, but I cant stand listening to the whole thing. That's just me though.

Interestingly enough...the bonus songs are a lot more like Lost Souls than Last Broadcast...

And i was gonna get Lost souls the other day, but Best buy didn't have it!!! :scream:

Anyhow...I just wanted to let everyone know who has the disc, to not forget it and pop it in asap! Cuz i neglected it for a couple months and :banghead: I 've been missing out!

I like both cds, though I don't think either is "great" by itself, each has several excellent songs though, and I'll take Lost Souls and Last Broadcast over the two Coldplay cds any day of the week

The Wanderer said:
I like both cds, though I don't think either is "great" by itself, each has several excellent songs though, and I'll take Lost Souls and Last Broadcast over the two Coldplay cds any day of the week
You are way too funny! Ah, perpetuating the inevitable. I love it.

As for the bonus disc, I have it too, but barely ever listen to it. I remember liking one or two songs quite a lot, though. I should check it out again.

I think the best thing to do re: both Doves albums, is to make a Best Of (haha - a Best Of covering 2 albums!), including 12 to 14 songs. I still haven't heard 'Spaceface' yet (from their Sub Sub days, or whatever they were called).

Last edited:
Of course, you wouldn't want the hidden track known before its release though. Be sure to tell everyone about it, and then make sure you remove it as though nothing happened. Then you would really keep them in suspense. As for which track, I suggest something like 'Catch The Sun' or even 'The Cedar Room' so you can get the most fan reaction/controversy. That always seems to do the trick.

Seriously though, a good hidden track would be 'Spaceface' though I still haven't heard it. Just going on the fact that it isn't technically a *Doves* song.

Thank you SO MUCH for that link. I've never seen that site before. I love the wallpaper.

IT SHOULD BE DECEMBER 1ST NOW SO I CAN SEE DOVES AGAIN!

Just a side note: the live version of "Spaceface" is better. You may be able to find it on Kazaa. If I had a way to upload it somewhere, I would. :(

shiznit

You're welcome! tis indeed a cool site. Some guy from their message board owns it. oh and that place scares me.

Ugy I'm still pissed as crap that I'm not seeing them. Stupid school. They need to come closer to the southwest!! :banghead:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom