Alternative Hail To the Theif

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Ok, here's an alternative tracklisting for Hail to the Theif I made using b-sides from that era. I always thought the Hail b-sides were often better than a lot of the stuff that actually made it onto the album, but that might just be because I loved Kid A and Amnesiac so much. :wink: Anyway, I always also though Hail had perhaps Radiohead's most inconsistent and incohesive tracklisting. I tried my best to remedy this, creating a more cohesive album structure akin to OK Computer or Amnesiac. (Not so much Kid A, that album's just flawless).

And I know the majority of you are probably NOT going to like this list at all. :wink: And that's fine. But I loves it. And yeah, I did leave off a few really good songs that were on HTTT, but they just didn't fit in with my revised vision of the album. And it's not like I don't have the original album anymore either. ;)

So here it is:

1. Where Bluebirds Fly
2. There There
3. 2+2=5
4. I Will (LA Version)
5. I Am A Wicked Child
6. Sit Down, Stand Up
7. I Am Citizen Insane
8. Backdrifts
9. Go To Sleep
10. Myxomatosis
11. Scatterbrain
12. Gagging Order

I also really like having the two instrumentals in there to sort of introduce either side of the album. And of course, it's wonderful to have a HTTT tracklisting with Gagging Order in it. :drool:

It's certainly better than the original version of Hail :up:

My only gripe is I'd switch Scatterbrain with Sail to the Moon, but the inclusion of Gagging Order and the b-sides more than make up for that.

Good enough tracklisting, but I'd miss 'Where I End And You Begin' and 'A Punchup At A Wedding' a lot. IMO those are two of the best songs on the record.

Hmmm. You know what, I realy would like to find a place for Where I End And You Begin. I do love that song. I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure if it would fit though.

Lancemc said:
Ok, here's an alternative tracklisting for Hail to the Theif I made using b-sides from that era. I always thought the Hail b-sides were often better than a lot of the stuff that actually made it onto the album, but that might just be because I loved Kid A and Amnesiac so much. :wink: Anyway, I always also though Hail had perhaps Radiohead's most inconsistent and incohesive tracklisting. I tried my best to remedy this, creating a more cohesive album structure akin to OK Computer or Amnesiac. (Not so much Kid A, that album's just flawless).

And I know the majority of you are probably NOT going to like this list at all. :wink: And that's fine. But I loves it. And yeah, I did leave off a few really good songs that were on HTTT, but they just didn't fit in with my revised vision of the album. And it's not like I don't have the original album anymore either. ;)

So here it is:

1. Where Bluebirds Fly
2. There There
3. 2+2=5
4. I Will (LA Version)
5. I Am A Wicked Child
6. Sit Down, Stand Up
7. I Am Citizen Insane
8. Backdrifts
9. Go To Sleep
10. Myxomatosis
11. Scatterbrain
12. Gagging Order

I also really like having the two instrumentals in there to sort of introduce either side of the album. And of course, it's wonderful to have a HTTT tracklisting with Gagging Order in it. :drool:

where is f...k is where I end and you begin???? and a wolf at the door....?:wink:

sail to the moon??? one of Jonny's finest moments on guitar is nowhere to be found.....:tsk:

and where bluebirds fly does not belong..that song blows....:wink:

otherwise pretty good:up:

Last edited:
There There
2+2=5
Where I end and you begin
Backdrifts
Sail to the Moon
I Will[L.A version]
Punchup at a Wedding[Alternate Version}
Sit Down Stand up
Go to Sleep
Myxomatosis
A Wolf at the door
Gagging order

thats my alternate hail to the thief....:wink:

Wow, I can't believe I missed the Where I End and You Begin exclusion. :tsk:

I still like it, but yeah, stick that in somewhere.

1. 2 + 2 = 5
2. Go to Sleep
3. I am a Wicked Child
4. There there
5. I Will
6. Sit Down, Stand Up
7. Paperbag Writer
8. I Am Citizen Insane
9. Myxomatosis
10. A Wolf at the Door
11. Where I End and You Begin
12. Sail to the Moon
13. Gagging Order

Go to Sleep -> I Am a Wicked Child -> There there is :combust: if I do say so myself.

LemonMacPhisto said:
1. 2 + 2 = 5
2. Go to Sleep
3. I am a Wicked Child
4. There there
5. I Will
6. Sit Down, Stand Up
7. Paperbag Writer
8. I Am Citizen Insane
9. Myxomatosis
10. A Wolf at the Door
11. Where I End and You Begin
12. Sail to the Moon
13. Gagging Order

Go to Sleep -> I Am a Wicked Child -> There there is :combust: if I do say so myself.

backdrifts??????? :(

Backdrifts doesn't fit the mood of that playlist.

and remember: I before E, except after C.

Backdrifts has to be on the album somewhere. But I think I'm going to leave Where I End off my list. Just doesn't fit anywhere.

Lancemc said:
Backdrifts has to be on the album somewhere. But I think I'm going to leave Where I End off my list. Just doesn't fit anywhere.

take out those B-Side......they just don't belong :shrug:

xaviMF22 said:

take out those B-Side......they just don't belong :shrug:

Listen to Go to Sleep -> I am a Wicked Child -> There there and tell me that's not awesome.

At least that b-side belongs.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Listen to Go to Sleep -> I am a Wicked Child -> There there and tell me that's not awesome.

At least that b-side belongs.

wicked child is good

but Paperbag Writer I Am Citizen Insane...
:shame: ....at least IMO

and I always thought There There would have been an awesome opener....:drool:

Paperbag Writer sounds like something badass from Amnesiac! :drool:

Citizen Insane by itself is a weaker song than Backdrifts, that's for sure, but I think it works in the playlist I made better.

Lancemc said:

So here it is:

1. Where Bluebirds Fly
2. There There
3. 2+2=5
4. I Will (LA Version)
5. I Am A Wicked Child
6. Sit Down, Stand Up
7. I Am Citizen Insane
8. Backdrifts
9. Go To Sleep
10. Myxomatosis
11. Scatterbrain
12. Gagging Order

I tried your track list....and I really liked the transition between

Where Bluebirds fly--- There There

:up:

It reminded me of how the band would come on stage to where bluebirds fly...and rip right into There There...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom